Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The lives and loves of 18" dolls >

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

Old 08-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
Oh, Sue, that dress is so cute! It looks great on the doll. The fabric is so fun!! And lovely workmanship.
Thanks. Much cuter in life
Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Banned

Default Baseball shirt.

Will make knickers to go with the shirts
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 07:54 AM

Sue, the baseball shirt is too, too cute.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Sue, the baseball shirt is too, too cute.
Thank you..can't wait to do the knickers to go with the shirts!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Banned

Just finished 6 pair of pajamas and will get a pic soon..they are a cute limey green flannel with frogs on them. Now back to the baseball shirts I want to get those done and hopefully find a good white fabric for the knickers..still having so much fun!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 PM

So many new pics! i had to go back and start reading from the beginning ! i love seeing what everyone is doing. my 'kids' are being plated with gently and i gave all the homemade clothes to my older dg because she brought her doll with her to the b'day party! she will loan them to me for the weekend since i may have another little friend come visit. i love these dolls, and i love what y'all are doing!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 AM

OK, call me silly but I ordered an 18" doll for myself. That way I can model the outfits on 'my' doll before I mail them to my granddaughter.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 AM

SewExtreme: I don't think its silly at all. I only have one GD and she is a teen. Had to look at the JoAnn's Springfield doll anyway, really like the brunette. Have been resisting because I have so many quilting projects but totally understand the fascination. At least you have a GD as an excuse.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 AM

I gave up on looking for excuses! i think dolls and other toys are part of our creative processes, but, As you know, i can rationalize anything! Lol. I just enjoy them. Henry and fancy nancy have been playing with olivia (the two yr old) and she has been surprisingly gentle with them. She rec''d a bitty baby for her b'day and is having fun with that. O is into tea parties ( yes, definitely my influence) so "we" have had many cups of tea. The dolls had a visitor during o's party as Lala's girl, Kate, changed into a lovely red and black dress, suitable for a Mickey Mouse party. When she first arrived Kate and lala had matching outfits. I like to shop at zulily for Dollie and me outfits, when I'm not sewing them. Three great loves--sewing , quilting and shopping! I found a red cowboy hat at w/m and bought it for henry. he objects to wearing the girls' pink or lavendar hats, something about they don't favor his complexion? his twin , ford, has no problem with them. henry has been running around in his soccer uniform looking for a game, but as it's 104 and up no one has been interested. none of them are interested in swimming. go figure!
i am starting a new quilt today- i found solid color strips for sale. lulu'smom can use it in the family room. she isn't big into batiks (i LOVE them) and seems most of all to like blues. oddly, that is my least favorite color family, but her dh loves blue also, so it could work out' i like brights. nothing subtle about me at all! LOL i will be making a carpenter's star quilt for the master bedroom, possibly for christmas. k 'just mentioned' she would love to have a different quilt for each holiday and season. YIKES! with 3 adult kids, 2 with spouses and 2 with a child each, i could have found homes for the next few years' worth of quilts! i was at central market, wonderfully organic and delicious grocery store and we had gelato which was served in cute plastic swirl dishes. inspiration struck! i see a wonderfully avant gard art quilt forming in the cracks and crevices of my mind! time to turn some of these thoughts into realities! ttfn!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 AM

lest i forget to mention it again, keep an eye on your local w/m toy department. they seem to be cutting back, or at least slow, in re-stocking the 18" dolls. the closest one to here had 4 blondes only and no clothes. they did however, have a couple of beds and some prop kits, like the baking set, a tea set, a wheelchair (crutches and cast)set and the beauty salon chair (my girls and ford have all asked for those.). perhaps they are gearing up for new options for the holidays! ( that is my optimistic side peeking through)!