Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Look what I did today... now I'm pooped.. >

Look what I did today... now I'm pooped..

Look what I did today... now I'm pooped..

Old 11-09-2010, 05:21 PM

Oh you were a busy lady. Your pic brought back lots of my own memories. I miss having a day of canning, making jellies and such but with just the two of us and mostly just me I would eating it for the rest of my life.
Congrats you did good!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM

Would you like my address so you can send some to me????
Old 11-09-2010, 06:05 PM

Lucky you to have such wonderful treats throughout the year. I remember doing all that too, but don't miss it.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Wow, enough blueberries to make jam? Blueberries cost the earth here. We have one little experimental bush (is that what you call it)and we pick half a dozen every few days. To have enough to make jam would be like a dream come true.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Those look so yummy! Do you need help eating the goods? I'd be glad to help. LOL............
Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I wish I had friends who liked to can.. Most my friends think its an 'older' generation thing.. Same with my quilting.. I really wanna smack them when they say its a grandma thing.. Makes me so mad..

I like having 'my' jam.. I really hate the work but my 5 year old.. whoops, she turned 6 today.. (happy birthday baby) loves it.. She has never had store bought jelly/jam.... last year her favorite was seedless blackberry, she consumed jars and jars of it.. this year her favorite is strawberry, I crushed the strawberries more than I did last years batch, as last I year I left big chunks.. Perfect for Ice cream topping.. YUUUUUMMMMYYYYY.. I do get quite the satisfaction that I made it but the work it entailed creeps back with it so my enjoyment doesn't last too long..

So far all sealed .. no duds. whoo hoo so they can all be stored away for the upcoming year.. yay...
Old 11-09-2010, 08:32 PM

This photo reminds me of the year I found a recipe to make Orange Jelly. It was made from Orange juice concentrate. I gave my father a little baby food jar to try it. By the time I got home the same day, he was calling for more! I wish i could remember where I found it... :oops:
Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Oh! I love making jelly but I do it in stages. In the summer I prepare the fruit & freeze it. In the winter I make the jelly on cold days.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by dublb
Oh! I love making jelly but I do it in stages. In the summer I prepare the fruit & freeze it. In the winter I make the jelly on cold days.
That's a great idea.. Its get pretty hot around the stove top when making more than one batch at a time..
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 PM

It seems to make the whole house hot, & I'm already tired after I've prepared the fruit. I also make my jams or jellys one batch at a time. spread the work out . :-D