Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Loving This Upstate NY Rain! >

Loving This Upstate NY Rain!

Loving This Upstate NY Rain!

Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Originally Posted by Ps 150
Originally Posted by blackbearbetty
I grew up in Utica too. I lived on Steuben St and went to Kernan School. What a small world.
I didn't know that Betty! My mother's whole family is from Herkimer County. That is a small world! :D
My goodness. I still have cousins in Utica and I grew up in Herkimer. I wonder if your Mother's family would know my family. What was her last name?
Donna
She had Jaquish and Hotaling on her father's side of the family and Meyers on her mother's side. I have contact with one of my uncles on the Meyers side and a few cousins from the Hotaling side.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by pamdux
I lived in WNY for 48 years, near Niagara Falls. A small town next to Lake Ontario named Youngstown. Sure miss the spring and summer but not the fall and winter. My dad grew up in Binghamton and we would go there to visit grandpa and an aunt at least once a year and one year I got to spend a month in the summer. Haven't been back for 6 years and miss it.
Hey Pam,
I live outside of Binghamton but my both sides of family were originally from the Buffalo area. In fact, my mom grew up in Lewiston. I have been to Youngstown many times - cute little town.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Originally Posted by blackbearbetty
I grew up in Utica too. I lived on Steuben St and went to Kernan School. What a small world.
I didn't know that Betty! My mother's whole family is from Herkimer County. That is a small world! :D
My goodness. I still have cousins in Utica and I grew up in Herkimer. I wonder if your Mother's family would know my family. What was her last name?
Donna
I remember a Meyers family on the northside of Herkimer. Can't remember 1st names though. How truly interesting--I am sure our families knew of each other but I can't ask my Mom any more. I will have to e-mail my friend in Herkimer. My Dad's family name is Lallo and my Mom's was Cuda (Italian). We lived on the south side of Herkimer. Anyway, I get excited when I know someone is from around my hometown area. Have a good day
Donna

She had Jaquish and Hotaling on her father's side of the family and Meyers on her mother's side. I have contact with one of my uncles on the Meyers side and a few cousins from the Hotaling side.