Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Cindy I sent my FQ out to you yesterday. Mary
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM

My FQ went in the mail yesterday too.

Irishrose, I hope you are feeling better from all of that anesthesia. I'd love to see a picture of the red quilt you are working on!

Buslady, 10 lbs is an admirable goal for March! I guess I don't have a specific goal- just to lose!

Good job on the cabbage/sugar substitution Everose. I laughed out loud when I read it because the 2 couldn't be more opposite!

I am down 2 lb this am when I weighed myself- yay me! Tracking my calories really has me aware of what I am eating. So obvious, but it a hard mind set for me to get into. I think it stems from my WW years & I just got so sick of journaling. Now that I am into it I have been (almost) having fun with it. MyFitnessPal makes it so easy.

I finished the quilt I have been working on for my daughter's best friend's 21st bday. I really like how it came out & am going to take a pic of it today. Yesterday I made a bread basket liner for my friend's bday & will give it to her today. I have made so many of those & I don't have one of my own yet! Isn't that how it usually goes?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM

I got my 5 lb award at WW. The other 3 times I started on WW I lost 5 lbs the first week. I don't know if it is because I am older or if it is the new point system that is making my weight loss so much slower. This is the first time I have gone on vacation and didn't gain weight. I actually lost a little!
I tried the vegie omelet that someone suggested. I used onion, red pepper, spinach, 2 eggs, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and topped it with salsa. The one I made yesterday was so good I made another for my lunch today.
I finished the blue/brown quilt top for my daughter's graduation from pharmacy school. I will have someone quilt it for me when I get back to WI. I'll get a pic of it when I find someone to hold it up for me.
My mom is making quilts for each of her 9 granddaughters. She likes to do hand applique and does only hand quilting. I am going to try to attach pics of some of them.
Crap! I can't figure out how to attach pics with this new format!

Last edited by Pam H; 03-08-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM

I have been eating good this week. I also have been exercising a lot. I sure hope I have a good weigh in at WW on Saturday. Today at school the kids were awful. I work with MD kids. They were probably the worst they have been all school year. I soooooooooooooo need chocolate. I gave it up for lent. I am trying to think of a good substitute. (I am sure cabbage won't work). My sewing machine has been in the shop for 2 weeks. He is waiting on a part. It is killing me as I only have one machine. I couldn't stand it any more so I just went and got my old machine from my DD. My 19 month old grandson cried every time I tried to leave. It broke my heart.
Pat
Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 PM

Greetings to everyone! Cindy, I sent my FQ last night. Went to a retirement party - WOW for food - I had a bowl of chili and some finger food. The cheesecake was calling my thighs but I passed it up. Knew if I started I wouldn't stop, so has cauliflower instead. (They both start with C so thought it was a good substitute. ) Someday....

Went to Walmart and purchased some fabric last night and went to Hobby Lobby today and got some more. I'm getting bad. But I extended our mission project to the reservation near here. I will be making pillowcases for all the adults (will start on children if I have time), so 2 down and 98 to go. So getting lots of reasonable priced pieces. (Anyone who feels inclined can send me a yard of fabric for the project I would gladly take.) I am also making flannel receiving blankets for all the new babies. I can quilt while Mom sits in her chair or sleeps as long as I am at hand if she needs me.

Irishrose and buslady, my DH's family lives in Central Lake and Ellsworth. When he retires we plan on moving there and building a little house on his land. So I'm thinking I will have quilting friends in the area.

Leftover ribs for supper. Got some spinach last night so going to use it in a salad with other veggies. Ate raw carrots last night but might even put some in the salad. Mom has a hard time chewing some of those things so might have to have something else for her.

Mom is bruised and hurting some after her fall. I feel worse because it happened within 2 feet of me. Opening the door to go to her eye dr apt. Then I couldn't get her up, had to call the neighbor to help. When she's down now she doesn't have any energy to help get up. The Alzheimer's disease is NOT good. Watch her slowly die every day. Oh well, guess the Lord knew what we need right now.

Have a great evening everyone - time to get some supper started.
Di
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM

ladies i have been lazy and not gone to the post office. I will before I go back to work on Monday. I am trying to stay warm here in dallas. This morning i went to home depot and it was 72 degress and about an hour later the temp had dropped 25 degress. it is now 46 degrees feeling like 40. What happened here. UGH and it has been raining on top of this cold front coming through.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Hi all, we got our winter last week with 16" snow and now it's going to be 50 tomorrow. Hard on me to have huge swings. We are expecting big northern lights over Duluth tonite because of solar flare. I hope to see it. Today someone on the board mentioned thousands of bolts.com and I checked it out and was so pleased. I found my "I Love Snow" flannel I've been looking for and at a price I can afford. Now I can make a baby blanket that matches the baby's room colors. I'm having a ball eating all the wonderful lettuce mix. I had a big salad w/blue cheese and homemade dressing. Low pts. low carbs and huge flavor. After cleaning both bags of lettuce I wound up with 8 large salad servings. I'm thrilled. It's helping my food plan big time. Tomorrow I'm having the pan fried chicken w/tarragon. Yum!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM

We are having the same weather woes as you, Cindy. This afternoon was over 70, right now is under or about 40, but feels in the thirties. Terrible extremes.

I have lost 2 pounds this month so I am happily on my way to my 5 pound goal. I have been bumping up my exercise on the treadmill. I started this journey at 1.0 mph and today went to 2.5 mph. Hurray! When I get to the fast part in the songs I do a quick jog on the treadmill, then back down during the verses. I think these little intervals are helping my caloric burn.

I'm looking for an idea for a sweet snack about this time of night. DH has changed schedules and gets home a few mins after midnight. That is when I am hungriest. I take my false teeth out so I won't snack! Go ahead and laugh, I do! LOL! :-D

I eat yogurt every morning for breakfast so it doesn't appeal to me. Maybe a small serving of pudding? I have been eating 1 or 2 Ambrosia Apples during the day when the craving hits me, they are absolutely delicious. Crunchy, crisp and sweet. We have them here at Sam's Club.

jlw-congrats on your hard work and magnificent weight loss! You Go, Girl!

Di- My DH and I went on a mission trip to ND and repaired 28 houses, well the stairs and the front porches. We re-did the interior completely on one house, it had nothing but walls and we insulated, sheetrocked, etc. It was a life changing experience for the 15 people on the trip and the church.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM

Purplemem, good for you with your exercise! That is fantastic!
I was still hungry tonight but my ww points were all used up. I had a banana and some grapes. I also had a cup of the Yogi tea. Pudding sounds good. I found some cookies that are 1 point each and they are very good. I had 4 of them today.
Wow, just saw the forecast for Austin - 49 for fri and 52 for sat with rain both days. Looks like my walk for the morning will be cancelled. Thats a bummer because I sure get a lot of steps in with that 3 1/2+ mile walk with a friend.
My hubby will be back home tomorrow night so I supposed I will have to start cooking again. Maybe a nice big kettle of Too Good to be True Stew will be good for this chilly weekend.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM

Wow, it looks like everyone is doing great this month. I only weigh myself on Saturday morning, so will know tomorrow what the result is. My mechanic is off on medical at work and we are short handed, with some new people, so I have been running (litterally) from one end of this building to the other. Trying to get all my work done so I don't feel too guilty next week when gone. I get home at night and I am exhausted; but it is a good feeling. I started this journey in mid January. Of course the first week was like 11 lbs., and I have averaged 2 lbs a week til the last two, when I gained a half and one respectively. I hope tomorrow brings better news. My old eating habits were terrible. Many days I would life on coffe til 5 or 6 at night, then I would eat anything that didn't eat me first. Go to bed on a full stomach, the whole sheebang. As of March 1, I had lost 18 lbs, and what a difference that made. I keep telling myself that every pound lost is a step toward better health. I now make sure I eat something for breakfast, even if it is a peanut butter cracker. One of my employees goes and gets us a salad 2 or 3 times a week,, and I try to go get my own when she doesn't. Then, I eat whatever DH makes for supper (he does most of the cooking as he is not working) I just limit myself to one plate full. If I get the uncontrollable earge to snack, I find something to do. Usually sewing or messing on this board or playing Words or Word Feud with friends. If that don't work, I go to bed. LOL
Talk about weather changes, we had temps in the teens the first of the week, and it was 66 Wed. afternoon. Yesterday it was 55 at 7:00 a.m. and 32 at 5:00 p.m. It is just crazy!! Headed north on Sunday, hope it is warm, but enough snow for the kids to ski. We are going with DD and SIL and their 1 year old. We are the babysitters. Free Condo for 4 days, can't beat the pay, and the bonus is, I get to spend time with the GS. They live just far enough away that i don't get to see him nearly enough!!! Well ladies, thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you all.