Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 AM

purplemen, where in ND did you do the mission? We had a lot of flooding last year, but no snow this year so everyone is breathing better.

I paid bills this morning and now cleaning off the diningroom table so that I can sew this afternoon. Even found a fabric for the backing of a string pieced quilt I did earlier this year. To many patterns and fabric to concentrate right now. I think I will work of the pillowcases instead.

Have a great day everyone.
Di
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
mim

we've been walking the beach every day , morning and afternoon. I doubt that it has done much for the weight but I surely feel great, soaking up some sun.

Looking at my neighbors web cam in Maine this morning the snow has all melted and the trees are starting to show a hint of green.

Another 5 weeks and I will be going back for the summer -- lots of hard work in the gardens and field hopefully will help me get in shape

Mim
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
mim

we've been walking the beach every day , morning and afternoon. I doubt that it has done much for the weight but I surely feel great, soaking up some sun.

Looking at my neighbors web cam in Maine this morning the snow has all melted and the trees are starting to show a hint of green.

Another 5 weeks and I will be going back for the summer -- lots of hard work in the gardens and field hopefully will help me get in shape

Mim
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Good job Pam on your 5 lb WW loss! I know I lose slower as I get older, but I never lost real fast to begin with.

Sounds like a lot of you have been having some wild winter weather. The most I can say about ours is it has been windy this week & that bothers my allergies.

Sweet snack idea for Purplemem- I love the WW frozen dark chocolate raspberry bars- 80 cal & so good. Expensive though- I get them at Super Walmart, that's a bit cheaper. Your pudding idea was a good one too. I saw on Pinterest to take strawberries & dip them in yogurt then freeze. That sounded really good & strawberries are just coming into season around here.

Went out to lunch with a friend yesterday. I went online & figured out what I was going to have. Not great choices where we were going so I figured I'd have a light dinner. We ended up going somewhere else & the choices were much better so it all worked out. Going out with a bunch a friends to a fish fry tonight & I am not quite sure how I am going to navagate that.

This is the quilt I just finished. I had a lot of fun working on it probably because it is simple & I didn't have any problems with it. It was a nice easy project after all that paper piecing I did on the other quilt I'm working on. It is twin sized.
Attached Thumbnails megans-quilt-003.jpg   megans-quilt-006.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Buslady, be careful up here driving around in the evening. I hit a deer last night. Caberfae will have enough snow to ski though we have warmer weather coming this week end. We got two inches overnight and Caberfae makes snow every night that it is below freezing. We've only had one night above freezing since early November. It is in the low 20s right now. Currently rain is predicted for Monday but I hope not for your skiers' sakes.

Darn deer. It waited until the last minute to decide to cross my lane. All beause an old friend wanted to go to dinner out of town. Grr. Now I have to do the repair thing and it looks like I have to buy the entire light assembly to get the glass. I hope they can just straighten the tip of the fender. My insurance company says I might not want to turn it in because of the big accident last year. Hey, the truck pulled out in front of me.

My weight is only holding, but in view of the fact I've had three birthday dinners and been on the road a lot, I'm not surprised.

Di, working on the pillowcases will reduce your stash the fastest. Quilting doesn't use as much fabric as time - at least until you get to the backing. If I can get in one of my fabric storage rooms, I'll see if anything looks like something you could use. I know I have some, but where?

MJ, 2.5 mph is zipping right along. I know I'm not walking that fast, especially in heavy boots. I ordered some lighter ones, but they arrived too big. I returned them and the smaller size is back ordered. Another Grrr. Interval training definitely burns more calories and builds more muscle. The quick spurts do not have to be long. When I was doing it, it got me some looks from the bigger dog. The little one is oblivious to anything but having fun. I wish my co-pay wasn't $30 on PT. I have a script, but haven't gone because of the co-pay. Oh, fav late night snack. A rice cake with a thin coat of PB and honey. I no longer can have PB and almond butter just isn't the same, but the crunch is still satisfying.

Maggie, your quilt is darling. It looks like it should belong to a Megan. I love b/w with brights. The red quilt is now yellow. I didn't like the front so I am making a whole quilt for the back. Sooner or later I will be posting two pictures. This will be a trick to sandwich. The back will need to be super straight with the front. High now I'm dealing with 128 HSTs. Easy, but a bit of time involved in trimming them to size.

I need to work on a some of my clutter today or I will go batty. My two oldest daughters want to come in amd clear some things out - yeah, right. I wouldn't have anything left. When we moved Cyndy sold anything that wasn't nailed down.

The OA book says "I know that change is possible. I do not have to live this way. I have steps to follow and they lead to freedom." That can apply to my weight loss and clutter problem both. It sounds like I need to start My Fitness Pal right now and clear one area before I do what I want. What does Flylady call excess weight? Body clutter? Hmm.

What's for dinner? Something with pork chops for me. Pineapple, onion, yellow pepper, etc. Sounds good. I wish us all a clean eating day.
Judy

Last edited by irishrose; 03-09-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 AM

Maggiemay, I love your quilt! The borders really set it off nicely. Sometimes when eating fried fish I can just eat the fish and not the breading. I don't know how much that saves but it makes me feel better.
Judy, so sorry that you it the deer. We went through that last summer. We lived in WI for 30 years without hitting a deer and then 2 in 1 night. Not fun!
I went on a 3 mile walk in between storms this morning. We could get up to 4 inches of rain this weekend. We really need it.
I found at Aldi's some small rice cakes that have caramel coating. They were very satisfying. They also had some with cheese flavoring but they had msg so I didn't try them.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 AM

Maggiemay, I love your quilt! The borders really set it off nicely. Sometimes when eating fried fish I can just eat the fish and not the breading. I don't know how much that saves but it makes me feel better.
Judy, so sorry that you it the deer. We went through that last summer. We lived in WI for 30 years without hitting a deer and then 2 in 1 night. Not fun!
I went on a 3 mile walk in between storms this morning. We could get up to 4 inches of rain this weekend. We really need it.
I found at Aldi's some small rice cakes that have caramel coating. They were very satisfying. They also had some with cheese flavoring but they had msg so I didn't try them.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

Maggiemay your quilt is very pretty. Love the martini fabric. lol
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM

It sounds like everyone is staying on track this month. My weigh in is tomorrow at WW. I try not to weigh too often as my weigh can go up and down daily. I hope it is good news I have behaved myself this week and exercised. I need to get back to the interval training, I don't know why I quilt. I used to do it. I really like caramel rice cakes with a little bit of peanut butter for a snack. I need an idea for a yummy healthy snack to take on my quilt retreat. It is next weekend. I am really looking forward to it. I am taking a day off of work for it. I rarely take a day off.
Does anyone on here know the name of the website to search for a fabric that I need.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:00 PM

I just got an email this morning about quiltfabriccloseouts.com. They have good prices. I have just googled the name of the fabric to find some I needed once. That gives you names of shops that carry it.