Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-11-2013, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I'm sorry - I didn't reply ----been down on my back and 'puter down for awhile. Am really trying to be good, but signing up for cooking classes doesn't help too much.

Get to feeling better Pete......hope you computer is also doing better.

Cooking classes......sounds fun just need on that teaches healthy cooking. LOL
Old 05-11-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I was down .8 at my weigh in today. That makes me 32 lbs. now since Jan. 1st. It sure is coming off slowly. I'm trying to stay positive because I am losing, but this slow progress is bugging me. Why is it so easy to gain the weight but harder to get rid of it! haha I'll be okay, just frustrated.
It's funny how we never think what we manage to do ourselves is ever good enough. Teddybear Lady, you have done an amazing thing for yourself! 32 pounds is a huge amount, I wish I could said I lost that! Stay positive and pat yourself on the back You are a role model for us.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by countrymaid View Post
Hi, it's been hard for me to keep up with all of you. My dad came home from rehab but now is having some memory issues. Another couple of weeks will give us a better clue how things really are. I did go last night to my LQS and had a lesson with my serger. I've had it for 4 years and never even plugged it in. It wasn't near as scary as I thought it would be. I've also started on the table runners for DD wedding reception. I'm going to make 10 of them. My weight is a little up and down but over all I'm doing ok.
Hugs for you & your dad, hang in there!

I think I had my serger for over 10 years & was ready to garage sale the thing for a few bucks. It sat on the closet floor & I never figured out how to thread it. Then one day someone in a class I was taking for my Bernina, told me that she had the Simplicity serger & called it her workhorse! I thought that since it was a cheaper machine ( JoAnns with a 50% off coupon)that it wasn't any good. DUH! When I took the time to read the manual, I found out it was SIMPLE and it did work great. So you are far ahead of me! LOL!!!

The table runners sound really cool, I hope you post pictures!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 AM

Cindy, I love the quilt in your avatar, do you have a bigger picture we could see? What pattern is it?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Cindy, I love the quilt in your avatar, do you have a bigger picture we could see? What pattern is it?
Thank you it is Grape Gumball Quilt, pattern is from Stitchin Heaven quilt store here in texas, there are 20 different purple batiks in it. I made it larger than the original pattern called for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412828[/ATTACH]

I still have the pattern someone sent me that was in a magazine.
Attached Thumbnails purple-gumball-quilt.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Ok, I weighted today, and gained one pound. I was just glad that it was one pound. I was afraid it would be more. Beautiful quilt Cindy.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Thank you it is Grape Gumball Quilt, pattern is from Stitchin Heaven quilt store here in texas, there are 20 different purple batiks in it. I made it larger than the original pattern called for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412828[/ATTACH]

I still have the pattern someone sent me that was in a magazine.
I love this!!!I am looking for a diferent pattern for my granddaughter's quilt. Thislooks promising, is the pattern still available?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I love this!!!I am looking for a diferent pattern for my granddaughter's quilt. Thislooks promising, is the pattern still available?
Yes I still have it. will be happy to share it with you.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:21 PM

Well tomorrow I will weigh again and hope those 2 pounds disappeared as fast as they arrived lol. Probably not, it's been a bad week for my arthritis & bursitis and I haven't walked as much as I should. I really hadn't thought about my weight going up when my joints are swollen, but it might make a difference of a pound.

Teddybear Lady 32 pounds since January is wonderful! I would be thrilled with that rate of weight loss. Whatever you are doing, keep up the good work.

When I am hungry for a bedtime snack, I usually have toast and peanut butter. (Sometimes just a spoonful of peanut butter )
Old 05-11-2013, 08:46 PM

Just home from 5 days on the Oregon coast for anniversary getaway. Had a wonderful time. Will weigh in the morning, not expecting great things Back to the salt mines.