Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-09-2013, 05:17 PM

I was down .8 at my weigh in today. That makes me 32 lbs. now since Jan. 1st. It sure is coming off slowly. I'm trying to stay positive because I am losing, but this slow progress is bugging me. Why is it so easy to gain the weight but harder to get rid of it! haha I'll be okay, just frustrated.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM

Teddybear Lady - but 32 lbs is awesome!!! Congratulations.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Received FQ today from Lauriejo. They are so pretty each one I have gotten.

Teddybear lady.........that is great. keep up the good work.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I was down .8 at my weigh in today. That makes me 32 lbs. now since Jan. 1st. It sure is coming off slowly. I'm trying to stay positive because I am losing, but this slow progress is bugging me. Why is it so easy to gain the weight but harder to get rid of it! haha I'll be okay, just frustrated.
32 lbs is not slow!! You are doing fantastic!!!!! It is not good to lose it too fast!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Hi, it's been hard for me to keep up with all of you. My dad came home from rehab but now is having some memory issues. Another couple of weeks will give us a better clue how things really are. I did go last night to my LQS and had a lesson with my serger. I've had it for 4 years and never even plugged it in. It wasn't near as scary as I thought it would be. I've also started on the table runners for DD wedding reception. I'm going to make 10 of them. My weight is a little up and down but over all I'm doing ok.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM

Teddybearlady that is awesome progress. As long as you keep going down it is good. Countrymaid, I hope your dad continues to improve.
I rode my bike 8 miles last night. I was tempted to go further but it started to rain. There is a 12 mile bike path I can easily get to from my house. I was going to cut over to it when the rain started. It was probably good because I haven't riden my bike since last July. I guess the bootcamp classes have been good for me because I am not sore at all. I still have to face the scale in the morning.(scary thought after all of the goodies this week)
Everyone wish my SIL luck. He has a job interview at a school here in town next Friday. It would be so great for them to move back close to home. Jobs for teachers are really hard to find right now around here. They have been cutting the budgets something awful.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

I haven't weighed due to trying to get better with my arm. My one major weakness when trying to eat good is if I am sick or going through something physically hard then I tend to just grab anything. I went to the Rhuematologist Thursday, and he sent me for x-rays at the hospital outpatient building. Put me on a treatment of steroids, and pain medication. In a few days should find out about my cervical x-rays. I will be working on my first block swap to have ready by the end of the month. I also want to try and make a small makeup bag for my great niece's 8th grade graduation. Already got her the makeup to go in it. Mostly nail polish and frills. She is at that age. Teddybear Lady your weight loss since January is awesome. Have a nice weekend everyone.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 PM

I'm sorry - I didn't reply ----been down on my back and 'puter down for awhile. Am really trying to be good, but signing up for cooking classes doesn't help too much.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 AM

I'm not doing very well. One of my problems is I always want a snack before bed. I need something warm so I usually do a chamomile tea. But what to go with it? Veges just doesn't cut it, but maybe I should try that again. If I don't put a little something in my stomach I often wake up during the middle of the night - hungry. Anyone else have this problem? Tips that have worked for you?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
I'm not doing very well. One of my problems is I always want a snack before bed. I need something warm so I usually do a chamomile tea. But what to go with it? Veges just doesn't cut it, but maybe I should try that again. If I don't put a little something in my stomach I often wake up during the middle of the night - hungry. Anyone else have this problem? Tips that have worked for you?
I have the same problem, mainly due to having diabetes and being on insulin. I have to eat something that is a protein and a fat. I have done things like cheese and crackers, toast with peanut butter only 1 slice of bread, small amount of tuna and crackers and a small glass of milk. I have even done air popped pop corn with little butter. When I do the popcorn I know my morning sugars will be elevated.
And yes I agree veggies don't cut it, that is why I need the protein.