Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Oh this will be a toughie for me! Not the white bread, I almost always eat whole grain (gluten free) bread. But I rarely eat brown rice. Just don't like the texture. I might just try the brown jasmine rice, I really love the white version.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 AM

Good Morning ladies, Remember you are in control of what you eat. What causes you to go to the comfort foods? We need to make wise choices, think smarter and lose what all the weight we can.

have a great day and remember you are special.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Boy, lots to catch up on! I just spent a week on Cape Cod. The weather was beautiful and the food was too good to pass up. The Internet sucked at our resort so no QB for me last week. I went to a quilt retreat over the weekend. What fun! She was drawing for prizes every couple of hours and also doing demonstrations. The food was catered and the snacks were nonstop. I will be home later today and will weigh in in the morning. Scary thought.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 PM

white rice & white bread?? easy peasy for me, I try to avoid white foods period.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:53 AM

Createfourpaws, or Cindy, I received April fabric yesterday. Love it. Haven't decided what to do with it yet. Right now I am just looking at it. I am thinking of making a lap quilt with just flowered fabric, and a solid sashing on it. So might use it for that. We went out for breakfast and dinner yesterday. But I don't think I blew my diet and ate too much. I had Eggs Benedict and stewed apples for breakfast and coffee, then for supper I had chicken alfredo, and actually brought most of it home. Frank said there is enough for 3 more meals in the box. So I think I am okay that way. Had cream of wheat for breakfast - just a little bit. Thank you so much every one for the fabric.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 AM

Does anyone here cook with fresh herbs? I just bought a parsley plant & a basil plant and I have room on my window sill for 2 more plants. What do y'all use & how?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Does anyone here cook with fresh herbs? I just bought a parsley plant & a basil plant and I have room on my window sill for 2 more plants. What do y'all use & how?
i use alot of cilantro and rosemary. Love cooking with fresh now. I just add it to my food as cooking normally. I love to make a cilantro with brown rice when making fajitias.

look around the net for uses with fresh herbs. that is where I have gotten alot of my knowledge.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 AM

I am glad to know they arrived, I only mailed them Saturday and that was fast to get them to you.

Originally Posted by fmhall2 View Post
Createfourpaws, or Cindy, I received April fabric yesterday. Love it. Haven't decided what to do with it yet. Right now I am just looking at it. I am thinking of making a lap quilt with just flowered fabric, and a solid sashing on it. So might use it for that. We went out for breakfast and dinner yesterday. But I don't think I blew my diet and ate too much. I had Eggs Benedict and stewed apples for breakfast and coffee, then for supper I had chicken alfredo, and actually brought most of it home. Frank said there is enough for 3 more meals in the box. So I think I am okay that way. Had cream of wheat for breakfast - just a little bit. Thank you so much every one for the fabric.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM

fmhall2, I have always wanted to make a floral log cabin. I have seen some gorgeous ones on this board and was very inspired. That's what I would do with them if I had won. Congrats! What a great loss!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM

I did my bootcamp class today. They whipped our butts today. Thursday is the last class of the school year. The stupid insurance people have been putting these classes together since November and it took until the last 5 weeks of school to get them going. We started early. Now that we are all finally getting good at the class it is over. I joined the YMCA today for the summer. Looking at what classes I want to take. I want to try a spinning class I used to love them. Not sure how it will be with my knee issues. All I can do is try it. I also think I would like the water aerobics classes. 11 more days of school. WOO HOO!