Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

I guess I need to get some honey. I have been down on my posting due to being ill. Been running a temperature. Swollen glands etc. See doctor in a short while today. I have managed to lose some weight which makes me happy. For the month I have lost 5.8 pounds. Good luck everyone, and happy sewing. Prayers for those ill, and those with family who are ill.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 PM

I bought the honey but noticed it has 60 calories per tablespoon & you need to drink 2 tablespoons 3x times a day. That's 360 calories, right??? hmmmm....
Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Yep, Beachbound, your math is correct. Try this one maybe - way less calories, but may not be as effective
Terrific Tuesday - Drink a glass of water or unsweetened tea 1/2 hour before you eat your meal. The idea is that the liquid will fill you and you won't be inclined to eat as much at the meal. It does work for me (when I remember to do it).
Old 05-29-2013, 05:24 AM

What a busy time for me. DD wedding coming up fast. Need the weather to stay dry so I can finish my gardens. Hubby needs to do off the hay field next to the house so we have parking. I ordered the last of the food for reception yesterday. I took time to work on the table runners (making 10 of them) for the reception. I'm taking tomorrow off to work on them in the morning. Getting nerve blocks in my back in the afternoon so I'll be good to go for next week. In all of this I've managed to drop a couple of pounds but I stress eat so didn't do as well as I'd hoped, there's always next month.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Another month is winding down, I hope y'all are happy with your weight loss for the month. I finally saw the scale go DOWN instead of UP. I need to send in my next FQ (purple, right?) because I need to push the darn scale down some more.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Yesterday was a bad day for my family. Both my mom and my twin sister fell and hit their heads. My mom seems to be doing ok. She stepped off a sidewalk and stumbled and fell. She just has a small bruise on her forehead, a banged up nose from her glasses and a scraped hand. My twin is much worse off. She blacked out and fell in her bathroom and doesn't remember what happened. The shower curtain came down and her head was cut from the curtain hooks. She had 17 stitches on her face. She put pics on facebook that were just gruesome. Both of her eyelids are purple. Lucky for her that is her favorite color and all of her clothes will match. I think she was supposed to get out of the hospital tonight. They never really found out why she blacked out. They should both be pretty colorful for my mom's 85th birthday party on saturday.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Pam I am sorry to hear about the falls. I hope they are ok. I hope someone is watching them for a few days while they heal since they hit so hard. I am a worry wart. lol...
Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 AM

Oh Pam I hope your mom and sister are OK. Head injuries can be deceiving. Keep a close eye on them for a few days. Countrymaid good luck preparing for your wedding. I know no matter how prepared you are the last couple of weeks get so hectic.I bought some local raw honey and plan on trying it. It is also supposed to help with allergies. I am always up for trying new things.
My dad is still hanging in there. He hasn't moved his left hand in days. He can move his left foot a tiny bit. This is good because he always has his legs crossed. He seems to be losing his ability to talk. He hasn't said much the last couple of days. Not even what we can't understand. He seems to be awake a little bit more. He isn't eating hardly anything. Maybe a tbsp or 2 of ice cream a day. He drinks a little water now and then. I hope this doesn't drag on too long for my moms sake. It is really draining her. We have 24 hour a day aides, they have been great. Hospice has been wonderful.
My DD and I are leaving tomorrow for Hilton Head. My mom insists we go. We can drive home at any time. It is about 10 hours. We are going with my brother and SIL. My brother will come home with us if we need to. We are taking our bikes and will do a water aerobics class every day. MY DD and I also do a lot of walking on the beach.
Everyone get outside and enjoy the weather before it becomes too hot out.
Pat
Old 05-30-2013, 05:34 AM

I will be posting the new thread for June tonight when I get home from work. If I have time during the day I may try to post during the day while at work.

This month is coming to an end way too quick. I will be looking for everyones weight loss this weekend.

Pam - prayers for your sister and mom
Pat - enjoy your trip and I will keep your parents in my prayers.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:26 AM

Meanmom and Pam H: so sorry for what your families are going through. It is very stressful.

I lost a few pounds, nothing great, but it's a start. I'll keep going for June.