Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >
  • May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

• May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 AM

Happy birth week, Pete!! Good luck with your back.
    I am babysitting today so I won't be getting anything done except a lot of baby holding. Those are good days. Allie had her 3 month pictures taken yesterday. How time flies! Wish I could put the link to the pics on here but my post got deleted last time I linked to facebook to show quilt pics.
    Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 AM

I had my weigh in today. I was pleasantly surprised to be down 1.5 pounds. I have been doing a spinning class 3 times a week. It is a killer. Apparently it has been working. My eating this week wasn't that good. On average according to the monitor on the bike it burns between 500 and 600 calories and i usually ride 20 to 22 miles. The class this morning was exceptionally tuff. I thought I was going to die.
    My dad is making small improvements. Is it wrong to say I'm not sure if this is good. He will probably have to go to a nursing home. He has always said we should give him a poison pill if he got like that. I am heading over there now after i shower.
    Old 05-25-2013, 09:11 AM

Pat, my dad always said he never wanted to go to a nursing home. He was in a coma at the hospital for several days and they were adamant that he be moved to a nursing home. We had him transported the 2 blocks to a nursing home. He died an hour after he was in the room. I guess he meant it about not wanting to be there! We don't have much say in how things happen but they usually happen for the best. Praying for you.
    Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 AM

wow we are very quit lately. Is there still interest out there?
    Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 AM

I think everyone is just busy. It's a holiday weekend so some are probably out of town or have company. It's spring and there is so much to be done outside (at least for us in the north).
    This is the last week in May. Incredible how quickly the months go by. I have started doing the cinnamon /honey thing. I have lost 3 lbs this weekend. I don't know why I haven't been doing this since I first saw it maybe a year ago. I think at that time I used way too much cinnamon and almost made myself sick. LOL
    Hubby has been watching and recording war movies all weekend. Oh boy.
    Old 05-27-2013, 07:27 AM

Pam, exactly what is the cinnamon/honey thing? I saw a drink 'fix' where you use a cup of grapefruit juice 3 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar & cinnamon and drink that 3xdaily. Not sure if I could stomach that!!!

I hope everyone has a good holiday, no overeating at the BBQs
    Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    I think everyone is just busy. It's a holiday weekend so some are probably out of town or have company. It's spring and there is so much to be done outside (at least for us in the north).
    This is the last week in May. Incredible how quickly the months go by. I have started doing the cinnamon /honey thing. I have lost 3 lbs this weekend. I don't know why I haven't been doing this since I first saw it maybe a year ago. I think at that time I used way too much cinnamon and almost made myself sick. LOL
    Hubby has been watching and recording war movies all weekend. Oh boy.

So how much of the cinnamon/honey are you taking? Please share. I remember this one too. I have been taking cinnamon capsules when i remember to with my daily medication.

You may be right about everyone being busy and yes I forgot it is a holiday weekend for a split second.
    Old 05-27-2013, 09:16 AM

Funny this gives you exact measurements for so many things but not for weight loss. I use a heaping teaspoon of honey and a few good shakes of cinnamon to a cup of boiling water. I am able to heap my honey because it is pretty old and very thick!

Cinnamon and Honey

Drug companies won't like this one getting around. Facts on Honey and Cinnamon:
    It is found that a mix of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also note honey as very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without side effects which is also a plus.Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, when it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm even diabetic patients. Researched by western scientists:

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, put it on toast instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol and could potentially save one from heart attack. Also, even if you have already had an attack studies show you could be kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of cinnamon honey strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder....who knew?

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water given to a cholesterol patient was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, when taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol-could be cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it's delicious too!

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also is said to clear stomach ulcers from its root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that when Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles (where DNA is contained) to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural 'Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

RASPY OR SORE THROAT: When throat has a tickle or is raspy, take one tablespoon of honey and sip until gone. Repeat every three hours until throat is without symptoms.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water. When done daily for two weeks, it removes all pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS:Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin Infections.

WEIGHT LOSSaily in the morning one half hour before breakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder three times a day for one month.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, even when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, when taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M., the vitality of the body increases within a week.

BAD BREATH: People of South America, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing.

Remember when we were kids? We had toast with real butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it!

Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 AM

It's amazing how some of the "old wives tales" actually make sense. Sounds as if the honey/cinnamon routine might be good for losing weight. Guess the honey coats everything forcing the 'fatty stuff' to just keep on trucking through. Don't know if I'll be trying it soon as I am just getting over a crampy stomach. I have been eating lots of lettuce,spinach and strawberries from our garden. Guess I overdid it with the ruffage and added lots of fruit on top - wow, was I uncomfortable and spent an awful lot of time in the bathroom. Hope everyone's holiday weekend was great.
    Old 05-28-2013, 04:59 AM

Kathleen I tend to do the same thing every spring with all of the yummy garden stuff. We have broccoli, asparagus, spinach and strawberries right now. I have been eating it all until I am almost sick. Soon the raspberries and rhubarb will be ready.
    My dad is doing a little bit better. Some days able to talk a little bit. He still isn't really eating or drinking. We meet with the hospice nurse today We have a lot of questions for her.
    My DD and SIl and grandsons are here this weekend. It has been a busy weekend. We also had a family wedding. I made 10 cheesecakes for it. I am supposed to leave for HIlton Head on Friday. Not sure if we will be able to go or not.
    The YMCA is closed this week so I will miss my exercise classes this week. I plan on taking my bike to Hilton HEad and my daughter and I do water aerobics every morning and also walk the beach. Hopefully I won't be too bad.
    Pat