Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-04-2013, 04:45 PM

I had a busy day. I think I got enough exercise in today. I did a little weight training early his morning. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting. Walked my 5K in 41 minutes. Someone in our group got the bright idea to park in a lot that is free a mile from the walk so we did 2 extra miles. I went to Sams and shopped the whole store. Then I mowed the grass at my house. I made dinner which was fresh tuna(never made that before)and asparagus and broccoli from the garden. Now i have collapsed in the recliner. I am trying to decide if I am too tired to go upstairs to sew.
I have had a terrible craving all week for cheesecake. I was going to buy the ingredients at Sams to make one. Luckily Sams had free sample of cheesecake today. Got my free sample and it satisfied the craving. I am probably craving it because I need to make 10 for my nephews wedding on Memorial Day.
I was going to try to get my bike out tomorrow. I will have to see how sore my legs are tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I had a busy day. I think I got enough exercise in today. I did a little weight training early his morning. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting. Walked my 5K in 41 minutes. Someone in our group got the bright idea to park in a lot that is free a mile from the walk so we did 2 extra miles. I went to Sams and shopped the whole store. Then I mowed the grass at my house. I made dinner which was fresh tuna(never made that before)and asparagus and broccoli from the garden. Now i have collapsed in the recliner. I am trying to decide if I am too tired to go upstairs to sew.
I have had a terrible craving all week for cheesecake. I was going to buy the ingredients at Sams to make one. Luckily Sams had free sample of cheesecake today. Got my free sample and it satisfied the craving. I am probably craving it because I need to make 10 for my nephews wedding on Memorial Day.
I was going to try to get my bike out tomorrow. I will have to see how sore my legs are tomorrow.
You make me tired just reading how your day was. WOW. I hope to one day be able to walk a 5 k.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 AM

Hi ladies, I want to join inand work on healthier eating and making sure I'm moving and stretching. Not so good at meal planning, that's a specific goal I have for May! I'm fortunate, DH helps with grocery shopping and cooking. He's also good about excercising and wants me to go with him on walks with the dogs.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM

Welcome CindyA. We are all trying to eat healthier and exercise more. Some days go better than others. My legs are only a little bit sore this morning. I am surprised. I am not usually a walker. I do mostly an elliptical machine. Between being available to walk at weird times and allergies I gave up trying to walk outside years ago. I was always ready to walk after dark or early in the morning and just didn't feel safe walking alone at those times. I also have allergies that go year round and are worse in the spring and fall. Meds keep them pretty much under control as long as I don't aggrivate them too much. All of the trees are blooming now, not good for me.
I have baked eggs for breakfast. Something I saw on pinterest. Pretty yummy. You chop some fresh herbs, I used sage, chives and thyme(that is what is growing right now) and mix with a little parmesan cheese and put it in a greased ramekin. Top it with 2 eggs, chopped veggies(I did asparagus and broccoli) and a little bit of crumbled bacon. It said to top that with a tbsp on cubed butter but I skipped that. Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes until eggs are the desired doneness. It was yummy. You can also pour some heavy cream on top but I skipped that too.
I am going to see if I can dig my bike out of the mess in my garage and ride it a little bit before it rains. Supposed to rain most of the day here. I always get a sore butt the first few times I get my bike out for the season.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
Hi ladies, I want to join inand work on healthier eating and making sure I'm moving and stretching. Not so good at meal planning, that's a specific goal I have for May! I'm fortunate, DH helps with grocery shopping and cooking. He's also good about excercising and wants me to go with him on walks with the dogs.

Welcome aboard Cindy. We are happy to have you on our journey. It is great you have someone there to help you out. I know what you mean about planning the meals. I have a hard time with that myself, I have to force myself to do someting each week or I don't eat correctly. Later today, I will be roasting some potatoes, sauteing some squash, zuchinni and onions, baking some fish and grilling a steak or two for my meals at work this week. Oh yea I will also be making a crustless spinach quiche for breakfast this week. That one does great with re-heating.

I wish I had some one who would walk with me. Being single no one here.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 AM

Meanmom I am impressed! My best time for 5K is 48 minutes and it really whipped my butt. I haven't done an actual official 5K, but I do sometimes walk the route they use for the Mother's Day 5K. I am thinking about doing it this year. When I started walking in January I could barely walk a mile and it took over a half hour. I need to work on meal planning, although I don't think I will be cooking it and reheating. If we ever rewire the house and get a microwave I might do more cooking ahead of time. But I should at least plan out menus and do some of the prep work. When I get home from work I am so tired it is hard to figure out what to cook. The cooking is easier than the thinking lol.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 AM

Laurie you are right cooking is easier than planning. It does help to have a menu planned that way you only have to go and cook. For me when the kids were home was remembering to take out of the freezer what the meat was for the night. LOL

I am trying to get my a** moving more, it seems everytime I make that plan something gets hurt and sets me back. right now it is my knee. I am going to have to push myself a bit harder to get moving and maybe if I can get the weight down some more, my knee won't bother me like it is now.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 AM

I am not a meal planner either. I do Weight watchers and generally use the same number of points for breakfast and lunch. I usually plan my dinner on my drive home from work. Sometimes I have to stop for groceries to make what I come up with. Luckily I pass several grocery stores on my way home. I plan dinner based on how many points I have left. Sometimes not many left and it is hard to come up with something my DH and DS will eat.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:18 PM

Ladies, I'm posting early for our Taboo Tuesday. We leave tomorrow morning for a short mini-vacation. Have never been to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky, so off we go tomorrow for 4 days. We try to go during the week to miss all the crowds at the big tourist attractions like the caves. I'll post when I get back as it will be trying to eat healthy when all your meals are in a restaurant.
Okay - here goes - Taboo Tuesday. This week it's to give up white rice and white breads. This is a bad one for me with my love of rice and breads - and now eating out, so I'll have more problems than many of you, perhaps. Okay, start early on this one if you can.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

I went to Mammoth Caves many years ago, and went on the 4 hour tour. It was something else, and I was so tired, but it is so pretty too.

I am not doing to good right now, because my arm is hurting, and I have got to see a doctor tomorrow,andI think I need xrays. My pointer finger is numb. Lots of nerve pain, and general aching.

My dinner was healthy. Had peas, slice of homemade bread, sweet potato, and for desert, a pumpkin muffin.

I was working on a mug rug, but stopped due to my arm.