Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Love cooking with fresh Marjoram and Thyme. I use fresh rosemary all the time as well as oregano, basil. I also have tarragon, sage and cilantro growing. I love cooking with fresh herbs. I actually bought a Stevia plant. though I rarely sweeten anything anymore I thought it would be fun to try

No white bread or rice, easy for me I cut those out a long time ago.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 AM

I don't really do white bread or rice. I finally got my family to eat brown rice and whole wheat bread. I just quit serving the white stuff. They complained the first couple of times Now they don't seem to notice the difference. We like brown basmati or jasmine the best. Costs a little bit more but worth it. I will try to just cut out the bread and rice and pasta this week.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:37 PM

OMG they are trying to kill me at school. It is teacher appreciation week. Should be called make your teacher fat week. On Monday there were donuts provided by the principal.(I can pass on those) On Tuesday one of our students dad works at Panera bread so we had bagels, I had to eat one. Today a parent who likes to bake brought dessert for us. OMG there are only about 40 of us she baked 15 different desserts. OMG they were soooooooo yummy. There was a white and chocolate Texas sheet cake, fruit cake(to die for), cheesecake(3 kinds), cupcakes, some whipped cream strawberry thingy and more. Tomorrow the principal is supplying lunch, BBQ etc. WHo knows what Friday will bring.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I did better with my grocery shopping this week and brought home more fresh veges.

Yes, teacher appreciation week is tough. They provided us with a wonderful lunch, then a seperate room had desserts. It was shocking to see!!! I did better in years past, though, and took a really small piece of cheesecake and only went back once.

Beachbound, I grow herbs in the summer and am trying to find more ways to use them. I make pesto and freeze to use over the winter. I also use it over fresh tomatoes and salads. I've found lots of recipes on the internet, haven't tried them all yet. I have these bookmarked, but haven't looked there lately, you might want to try: freshherbs.com and sanantonioherbs.com. Let me know if you try anything and it's good!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:16 AM

received FQ's from Beachbound and JuneBillie yesterday when I got home from work.

I will post a picture of our FQ' next week once I get a few more in so you see what you could be winning.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 AM

I am getting so frustrated, I have gained 2 pounds!!! The only thing extra I ate this week was one bowl of ice cream, that can't be why I gained weight.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
I am getting so frustrated, I have gained 2 pounds!!! The only thing extra I ate this week was one bowl of ice cream, that can't be why I gained weight.
Did you eat something salty? That could certainly do it. Wait a couple of days and it will probably be gone. Maybe try adding lemon to your water.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 AM

I know when we have some bad weather coming in the area, I start swelling. My weight has been going up and down 2 lbs all month so far. UGH yes it is very fustrating.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Well, we got home from vacation about 2 hours ago. I won't weigh until this weekend, but probably won't have showed any loss at all. I did abstain from white breads and rice the whole time, though. Eating and then riding does not weight loss make! I did some walking and exercise, but really not alot and I don't think it was enough. Tomorrow, it's back into the saddle - and back to losing.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM

I behaved myself eating the BBQ etc today. I even had a few potato chip. I only ate 1/2 of a cookie. I stayed within my daily points allowance. I did my last bootcamp class today. The whole drive there I was trying to talk myself out of it(so bad). I am going to go for a short bike ride here in a few minutes. I am waiting for my dinner to settle a little bit. I'm not going very far, I haven't riden my bike in ages.
I hope there isn't any yummy food brought in tomorrow. The leftover desserts from yesterday were in another room and i avoided that room all day. The PTA is buying us lunch next week. Last year they bought us Subway, I haven't heard what we are having this year. Also there is a big luncheon on next Friday. I am afraid of the scale on Saturday, but gotta face it sometime.