May weight loss

Old 05-21-2014, 05:22 PM

Pat, I hope school is over soon and you'll have the whole summer to recover. We don't get out of school until almost the end of June!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 AM

Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! Sending hugs.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpeafemme View Post
Holy moly! I went to the doctor today and it shocked the daylights out of me. I weighed in at 273!!!! I am shocked because I did not think I would have lost much. I even ate before I went there. So shocking! Anywho I just had to share with yall how my weigh in went.. You guys are awesome!
Congrats on your loss, you are such an inspiration to us all!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:34 AM

Silverfoxmag, I wish you well at WW. A few years ago I also joined and did lose weight. It is actually the only
plan that actually works for me. So why do I not go again?...good questions! I guess it is the time and money. Altho
I know the plan very well I really need to just do it myself at home. Yes, I procrastinate a lot, I know what I need to do, but I just don't do it. Well, maybe this group is a place to get some help. I have about 50 lbs to lose. Nice to know I am not judged here with this nice group of folks. Thanks everyone.... good luck to us all!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:24 AM

I get several emails with health info. Here are some diet tips. There were a few pretty good ones IMHO.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slidesh...936aL2MTKvE%3d
Old 05-22-2014, 03:13 PM

I don't get out of school until June 13 th. School is pretty good this year. Somewhat stressful but not too bad most days. Right now my DH is a major source of stress. He is a landscaper and is always super busy and gets crabby. He seems to be crabbier than usual this year. He is driving me nuts. Hopefully it will calm down soon. Now the money is starting to roll in. That usually cheers him up.
No good excuse for my poor eating habits except for me. I know what I am supposed to do. Mjmachin I know WW well too. I do well on their plan too. Something about that weekly weigh in in front of someone else helps to make me behave. I might need to go back there.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:59 PM

I weighed in today and was up 2 lbs. I was thinking it would be more with celebrations left and right this time of year. Graduations, birthdays, family get togethers and this coming Saturday, another family reunion. I'm just glad I'm not a drinker or I would stay drunk. Food is my vice I guess. I get so mad at myself for not having the self control I need. Some days I do good, then other days I want to eat everything in site. I'll make it one of these days. You are all very encouraging and I'm so proud of all of you. Have a great, safe weekend.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:37 PM

I played cards tonight with my friends. Oh my. The food this friend made was out of this world. Some of it was somewhat healthy. There was an interesting dip made from cauliflower and a salsa with watermelon and cucumber. Another salsa had artichokes. Yum!!
We are attempting something this weekend that might crazy. Hubby and I are driving with DGD to a family reunion - 6 hour drive! She will be 15 mo old this weekend. She is still nursing and has never been away from mama over night. Could be very interesting. Her parents are heading to Duluth to celebrate their 5th anniversary.
Good luck with your surgery, Pat. I will be praying for you.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:00 PM

thanks for sharing your story Missy, may you never regain what you've lost!!

I'm sharing this here because you guys will understand and laugh with me, rather than at me...
I couldn't find a battery for my pedometer, not at target walmart riteaid...

so I ordered Rob and I FitBits, the simpler ones, call zip. Mine is lime and So tiny and cute.
I slapped that puppy on and ran from the office door to the gate (77 steps) and back. (77 more steps) And have done it 3 times since.
It is all about setting our intention isn't it, from there the hard becomes rather easy.
Or that is my story and I'm sticking with it!
Keep up the good work friends!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM

I have the WW activity monitor. The first week it creates your baseline according to your activity level. Then it sets a goal to get you moving more. Some days I am jogging in place in the evening to try to get 100% of my goal. Other days, like today, I have already made my goal and I didn't even workout. I did walk to the grocery store this morning and helped set up for a sale at church this afternoon. With this it is more about being active all day. It gradually increases your goal. I really like it so far. I asked for a fitbit for Christmas. The one my hubby got for me was too small for my wrist. He was ticked that he had to return it and he wouldn't reorder a bigger one.
We take off for our 350 mile drive tomorrow with the baby. Wish us luck!