Is it me or is it OCD?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
lawwwwww, I would drive you crazy! I am so unorganized I look like a crazy quilt!
LOVE it!!! I'm that way, too! I don't even bother making outs lists....cuz I usually lose them before I get to the car!!! :lol:
Old 07-19-2010, 06:02 PM

I am probably the opposite to OCD. I do make lists, but don't follow in order and end up forgetting things from the list. I love my mess.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

I just WISH I could make a list and follow it. I make the list and then leave it at home.....

Then I can't remember what I wrote on it anyway....
Old 07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

I have very peculiar ways of doing things, drives my husband nuts...it's not a particularly ordered existence, as I go off on tangents from time to time but it does involve doing jobs and having things arranged in a certain way. Example, all socks are matched when pegging out on the line, underwear and smalls on the inside ranging out to sheets on the outside. I even group each persons clothes together and all shirts/blouses go on hangers on the outside and middle rails.

I also make lists, I also list the places I'm visiting in order with a sub-list of what I'll be doing or purchasing at each destination. I won't leave the house without having the living room straight and the beds made.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Gosh you are crazy as I am. I have my grocery list in my computer. I basely buy the same things every month. I use different highlighters to know which store to buy at. My Thanksgiving dinner I always completely plan the menu & then make the list & what I need to buy & when. What I can make a head of time & so forth. I'm a list person too.
Didn't say I wasn't messy or cluttered. All us creative genius's are like that. My next task is dump all my tubs & arrange my fabrics by colors, holidays & the like. I would rather be creating than cleaning. Thats my story & I'm stickin to it.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 PM

I used to be that way, till my beloved husband retired. After picking up after him for a year or so, I gave up! I hide things quickly if company is coming, and otherwise I just sew. My sewing room is neat and organized. His hobby room is a disaster!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
lawwwwww, I would drive you crazy! I am so unorganized I look like a crazy quilt!
LOVE it!!! I'm that way, too! I don't even bother making outs lists....cuz I usually lose them before I get to the car!!! :lol:
Think, I need to back out of this thread, really slowly .... Just teasing, some things yes, some nope, LTS :)
Old 07-19-2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Think, I need to back out of this thread, really slowly .... Just teasing, some things yes, some nope, LTS :)
I am right behind you.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:59 PM

I'm a real list-maker too. Pre-printed grocery list by aisle. I also have to have the towels hung straight, and all the cans lined up with the front facing the front of the cupboard. I clean my sewing room before every project. I have the plastic colored hangers, and I try to match the clothes up with the color of the hanger - blue shirt on blue hanger, etc. I must be a nut to live with. Luckily DH doesn't mind my eccentricities.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

You know how when a couple gets married one tends to start taking after the other?? Well that's my case.
I was a neat freak before I got married. A bit compulsive looking back.
My husband is a slob- he's a scientist and truly a "mad scientist", and very creative. He also has ADD.
So instead of him taking after me I started taking after him!
My parents wondered what happened to my neat-freakness but after a few years the whole family just laughed at the "new normal". I got really tired of picking up after him, etc and started getting sloppy myself!
We now have a deal that each reminds the other when things are getting out of hand. Problem: he doesn't notice LOL
I envy all of you!!!