mega millions jackpot

Old 03-30-2012, 11:39 AM

how much does one need to live happily? I would do a whole lot of good for a whole lot of people, and try to make things a little better for future generations.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 AM

I would build a memorial garden for my mother that was open to the public.
I would set aside funds for family members to attend college.
I would make a single monetary gift to each of my family members to do with as they saw fit (and when they spent it, they spent it and there would be no more hand-outs).
I would move to a larger house on the coast somewhere and build a fabulous quilt and pottery studio (not in the same room, could you imagine the mess?)
I would spend a serious amount of time figuring out which charitable organizations I would help. If I couldn't find one that really fit my desire, I would create my own. Then I would completely enjoy being able to give something back.
I would not go back to work but would travel the world with my family and hire a private tutor to educate my kids as we lived and experienced the world in all its vastness.
and yes, I would go into my favorite fabric shop and buy as much fabric as I wanted.
Okay, so I would probably do that last one a couple of times...

Oh how much fun is the "What If?" game!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:55 AM

I don't know, but I would love to find out! I've always said I would take care of my kids, make my life better and be able to enjoy the rest of my life! Heck, I don't need hundreds of millions of dollars to do that. I'd gladly share with 100 other people. I wish they would make it easier to win, the pot doesn't need to grow so much. IMHO
Old 03-30-2012, 11:56 AM

When I worked with the under paid community we used to play the what if game all the time to try and build on the reality. I did not buy a ticket so will not win anything but sometimes if is fun to dream!!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 PM

I retired last year so no need to quit my job and I just bought a new car that I love, so no new car for me. I would buy my son a car that actually works and a house so he wouldn't have to share with three roommates. Then I'd pay for him to go to whatever school he wants to learn as much as he wants. I'd pay off my daughter's mortgage and buy new cars for her and family. Then I would build my dream house (always wanted a log cabin, but big) with a perfect quilting studio with lots of storage and sewing machines. Ahhh to dream.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict View Post
I retired last year so no need to quit my job and I just bought a new car that I love, so no new car for me. I would buy my son a car that actually works and a house so he wouldn't have to share with three roommates. Then I'd pay for him to go to whatever school he wants to learn as much as he wants. I'd pay off my daughter's mortgage and buy new cars for her and family. Then I would build my dream house (always wanted a log cabin, but big) with a perfect quilting studio with lots of storage and sewing machines. Ahhh to dream.
I love that dream. Count me in!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM

I'd pay off all my children's bills and give them enough to not have to worry about future bills, buy myself a long-arm quilting machine, let my hubby buy any tools he wants and set up trust funds for each of my grandbabies futures. Then make sure others that needed help locally get assistance. I am very lucky and happy with my life now, so if it never happens...I will be fine!
Claudia
Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM

Well my office all chipped in (16 of us) and we are all dreaming calling in to our corporate office and telling that
the Statesville branch is now closed, permenately until they hire all new people! 'cause we dont' work here anymore!
That would be so nice! Other than the obvious, bills, family, new house, new truck, charities galore, my one dream
wish would be to throw an all expenses paid family reunion for the whole family,kids, grand kids, aunts, uncles, cousins
in some wonderful spot of the country where we can all spend a week or so together. We are so spread out across the country I just think that would be SO much fun and a once in a life time chance! AND of course, in my new house
I would have every quilting notion and all the thread and fabric I could stand!! Whoo Hoo! Dreams.... gotta have 'em!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
QUIT my job...
.......me too! AMEN
Old 03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

I'd build the home of my dreams and hire people to do all of the work of it - I'm tired of DIYs. I'd make sure my kids have homes to live in. Then, the rest would go to charitable work.