mega millions jackpot

Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM

Build me a nice studio for all my machine/fabric haul ! Then sit down and seriously consider what charity i can help out, send bank an trust acct for all grandchildrens, take a really nice vac w/o worrying about cost of vac !! And whatever else comes up later, i can deal with it..
Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Weel let's see - after Uncle Sam takes his 30% of your winnings, I would find some folks who could wisely set up funds/trusts/foundations and then hopefully I live in a state where you can claim the winnings anonymously because not all states allow you to be anonymous.
Then I would pay off our few debts, build a new simple but well built home (and move out of this double-wide that needs so much work and only has 7 foot ceilings), with a wing for my daughter and her cats, a nice area for our son and a nice guest room for my sisters; we need two new/used vehicles, build a new small barn; buy new carpet for our church, new upholstered pews, new windows, and have professionals paint the church in and out; take a family vacation (we have not been on one in over 25 years); buy my sisters duplex, remodel it and give her the joint debt-free; choose 12 people a year to give $$$ to anonymously; set up college scholarships for older females wanting to return to school to better themselves; hire a detective agency to find out what happened to my brother; plant more trees; have a professional cut my and my families hair every month instead of me cutting it; continue to shop for bargains, spend wisely, live simply, laugh often, have more fun, give more often, be thankful for what I do have and not what I want. Oh, I guess you would have to buy a ticket to do some of that! Silly me! I will continue to live teh wonderful life I have. The headaches of winning are not worth the losses that occur.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:00 AM

And here I was expecting you to announce that you had won. I would not know how to spend that much money but I know I would have a bunch of new best friends. A couple who worked in a kitchen of a local restaurant recently won $50million (NO TAXES TO BE PAID) in Ontario. They lived in a subsidized apartment. Can you imagine how their lives will be changed? I have always wanted a fancy little sports car though.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:52 AM

I'm retired, but think I'd build my first new home - and make it big enough for family to come stay with me occasionally, or friends etc. I'd make college funds for each great niece or nephew - give each of my nieces and nephews a "nice chunk" to do with as they please. Then I think I'd invest a lot of it and set up trust funds for some much needed help in some areas of need; not to be spend all at one time but a dribble down effect, so they always had something to budget with each year (ex: orphange, group homes, special education, etc.). I might even take an orphanage and set up college funds for those who are going onto college someday. There are lots of ways to go with mega bucks. I'd have a ball - and not waste it - even though mega bucks can go a long way - it is no call to be throwing it away - I still have teh frugalness in my body which was given me by my ancestors; they did not get where they got by throwing away their money!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
... or heck, even the ones I DO know exist (JK, I think)
te he he he !!!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Buy a house, and one for my kids and grandkids, out in the middle of nowhere and we would all be together, (that might not be a good idea) find some charities to donate to. And i don't know what else, i guess whatever comes along
Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
I would be moved so fast.... back to my home State ... you would find me in the Finger Lakes area of New York State... and with one more Saint Bernard .

Thats the area I live, Horseheads, Elmira.....small world

And I'm in Vestal!! It is a small world. I'd do the family stuff... then build a water park/recreation complex for my town!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 AM

I'd pay off the SUV,tear down this house(50 yr old piece of junk) and build a new house with a dedicated sewing room, it would have to have a room for DH's stuff so he'd stop complaining that there's no room for him. Buy our kids some new cars and put the rest away for retirement. I like where we are now, it has enough land for our gardens, fairly quiet as its off the main highway and close to where our friends live.
Sharon W