mega millions jackpot

Old 03-31-2012, 02:21 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I would be moved so fast.... back to my home State ... you would find me in the Finger Lakes area of New York State... and with one more Saint Bernard .
Thats the area I live, Horseheads, Elmira.....small world
Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 AM

Looks like I don't have to worry. The numbers were drawn last night and there was a winner!!!! Not me! That's ok too. I kinda like being not rich and not too poor. I get such a good feeling when I can find a good bargain or a good 10 for $10 at the grocery store. I like my little $1.00 scratchoffs!!!!! I won $50 once on a $1.00 scratchoff and bought some fabric! Now that is a jackpot!!!! I will admit to thinking that if I ever did win, I would buy my husband a motor home and the two of us and Miss Bess could go traveling wherever we wanted to!!!! But then we just bought a little 2003 Dodge Dakota pickup from our son the other day - what else could anyone ask for, eh? Edie
Old 03-31-2012, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Hire security!! to chase away all those "relatives" you never knew existed.
This is the first thing I would do.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 AM

Default Mega Millions Jackpot

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
... or heck, even the ones I DO know exist (JK, I think)
Relatives are the ones you REALLY have to worry about - especially the ones you NEVER hear from before!........Remember the tv show "the Millionaire"? I would LOVE to do that! travel across the country and when I would come across someone that is suffering from losing their home/job, etc, they would be presented with a check.......oh that would be so much fun! It would be nice to be able to build a large building that would be able to hold maybe about 20 families. It would be on 200 acres with some type of school, medical, and be self contained. ....oh well, its just a pipe dream; we didn't win the big prize, or any for that matter - its just nice to daydream......
Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 AM

Well since I didn't buy a ticket this time...... But I have things all planned out if I ever do. 1. Buy myself my own house(designed by me) with plenty of land. 2. Put money in trust for grandkids for school . All expenses paid IF they keep their grades up. I don't care if its a tech school or college as long as they can get a job when they are done. No permanent students. If they choose not to go to school they get the money when they are 35. 3. On the land I would open a rescue for animals with an on site vet, and trainer. In GA . There would be separate buildings for cats and small dogs and large dogs , maternity rooms also would be separate. I would also have a senior home for dogs and cats and a separate space for cats with Fiv etc where they could live out their lives. The rest of the staff would be volunteers who would get housing for free(nice little 2 bedroom cottages) , they would of course have other jobs,for personal expenses or be retired. There would be community gardens too for anyone who wanted to garden. Oh and it would all be a eco friendly as possible. Kennels would be recycled truck trailers, and houses either yurts or geodome housing.
And for me other than the house a trip to Ireland and some travel around the US to places I want to see like the Grand Canyon. Maybe some other little things like Paying someone else to quilt my tops. :-D
LOL can you tell I have been thinking about it for a long time.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 AM

Looks like I'll be working tomorrow. Darn
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 AM
elm

I'd pay off my mortgage and my daughters. Then I'd plan a fantastic vacation for my family, self, daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren. Set up a college fund for both grandchildren. Plan with someone who knows how to do it a scholarship fund for single parents who want to get a college degree.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I'd spend and donate every last penny of it. Since my kids all have careers and are productive citizens they would decide how to use the money I would give them. DH would probably have a private John Deere showroom. LOL
Old 03-31-2012, 10:53 AM

Did anyone on here win any of the jackpot? I saw that they had 158 people win $250,000.00. I would of been happy winning that.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 AM

If I won (which I didn't) I would have bought both my son's new homes and car. buy a longarm and pay someone to teach me to use it. Would hire people to help me make charity quilts for Rainbows and Hospice, would walk around to soup kitchen and homeless shelters and hand out $. the batter womans shelter would be my first stop.