Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Missing Mom

I lost my Mom ON Mothers day in 1987. And like you now I AM THE MOM. It is always a bittersweet day for me. Lost my MIL on my birthday in 1995. Although we were never really close I always think of her on my birthday.

I was 5 when I lost my Mom, 16 when I lost my step-Mom. I miss them when I think of my wedding and had no Mom there. Don't really have to many memories of my birth Mom, and not many good ones with my step-Mom.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you out there!

Blog Entries
    You have special memories of your mother that you will always be able to treasure and that you can pass on to your children and grandchildren. Your words are a wonderful, sweet tribute to your mother.

I love the picture of her -- you have her smile. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Yes, Mother's Day is a hard one for me. Momma died Thanksgiving Day 2008. Still fairly fresh wound to my heart. And then I get to do it all over again next month. Daddy died in '81 when I was 20 years old. Amazing how even after 30 years the heart can still ache.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Yes, Mother's Day is a hard one for me. Momma died Thanksgiving Day 2008. Still fairly fresh wound to my heart. And then I get to do it all over again next month. Daddy died in '81 when I was 20 years old. Amazing how even after 30 years the heart can still ache.
    I too (and DH) will be doing it again next month too. My Daddy died in 1979, DH's Dad died in 1993. I'll most likely to another tribute to my Daddy. and now I can't write anymore - miss them all so much.

Quote Originally Posted by lisainmo
    Oh I know the feelings you are having. My mom has been gone for 25 years...I was 22 at the time. Mothers Day is always a very difficult day for me. ((((Hugs)))
    I was 23yrs old when my mom died 25yrs ago. I try very hard not to be sad because I am now a mother and I don't want to give my children sad memories. It is so hard to do sometimes. I was looking for my great-grandmama's picture yesterday for my neice when I found some cards and letters my mom sent to me when I was in college. Although I cried while reading them, it made me realize how blessed I was to have a mom who missed me just as much as I missed her and loved me unconditional. It really broke my heart when I read a letter from my cousin saying how my grandmama missed me a talked about me all the time. We are blessed still to have good memories of our moms.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Here is what my stepdaughter wrote in her Mother's Day card to me: "I celebrate the mothers God has placed in my life. As you may today think of your mother, know that her strength and comfort is living through you, touching my life. I love you...S"

Even though I didn't get the card until today, those words bless me in an undescribable way.

My MOM has been gone 21 years she has missed out on alot of things. mothers day my granddaughter was baptized and I was thinking of my mom. Oh how pleased and happy she would have been.

Aw, she was beautiful!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
    Here's a pic of my Mom, taken probably around the early to mid 90s, celebrating one of her 86 birthdays. She passed away in 2000 after welcoming her first great granddaughter (my first grandddaughter) and congratulating my oldest daughter on her second wedding. She never ever complained about her aches and pains, or the fact that she had deteriorating eyesight, and dramatic health problems.

She was always in love with her family and the best mother, grandmother and great grandmother anyone could ask for. I know that she and my hubby are having raw clam-eating competitions and that she has fallen back into the habit of calling my Dad "Red" because of his carrot-top red hair. I miss them all, but know that we will all be reunited one day. What a party that will be!
    I love that picture of your Mom! I keep going back to it and wanted to let you know she makes me smile each time! :)

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom. Thanks for sharing. Hugs))).

HAD SPENT THE DAY WITH MOM AND THAT EVENING SHE PASSED FROM A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK.....56 YEARS YOUNG...SUCKS!!!! BUT MY SISTERS AND I TALK OF HER ALL OF THE TIME AND I WILL HEAR HER FAVORITE SONG OR SEE FLOWERS THAT SHE WOULD "LOVE" SHE HAD SUCH A GREEN THUMB.....I KEPT 2 "BIG" PYREX BOWLS SHE USED TO MAKE BREAD PUDDING IN....OH THE MEMORIES.....AND LIKE THE SONG SAYS-- DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE TIL IT'S GONE!!

You are truly blessed to have such wonderful memories of your Mum......happy Memory Days I call them.

2 years, 4 months and it still breaks my heart to think she's not here. Even typing that sentence makes me tear. To everyone that has lost, my deepest sympathies; to everyone that still has, all my wishes for a happy and memorable Mother's Day.(Even though it's belated.)

This is sad and I am sorry about it for you. I know they will regret one day that they didn't make those calls ....

Happy Mother's Day to all of us ..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3