Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Must Things to do and see in Oregon and Washington??? >

Must Things to do and see in Oregon and Washington???

Must Things to do and see in Oregon and Washington???

Old 05-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Rose Festival Parade in Portland is usually 2nd week in June.
I grew up in Portland and love Mt Hood, Oregon Coast especially Depoe Bay and south. Portland Zoo,OMSI,Pioneer Square. Cool evening and pleasant daytime temp. Coast is cool. And best of all. NO SALES TAXS AND YOU CANNOT PUMP YOUR OWN GAS!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by icon17
Oh Lord! what about Fabric Depot in Portland, OR THE bigest fabric store in the USA LOL can't past that up!!
1½ acres of fabric at Fabric Depot......and if I'm not mistaken, their summer Outdoor sale will be going strong!

Great people...great fabric............they also have a large selection of 50% fabric in the back towards the batting....folts they have to move to make room for the new arrivals ....

Also.........if you like peace and quiet for a short time...the Japanese Gardens is a must! I don't know if the Experimental Rose Garden will be in bloom or not....weather's been on the cool side.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:51 PM

The Oregon coast is beautiful. Bandon on the southern oregon coast and of course Crater Lake.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Multnomah Falls.... yes, beautiful... we camped there and sat at our picnic table in the dark as the woman in the site next to us undressed in the light of her car... dh got quite an eyefull that night. lol! Oh the memories.... that was a fun trip. Go up to Mount Hood - in the Lodge you can get a nice ploughman's lunch upstairs (at least we did in '96 on our 10th anniversary)with an incredible view of the summit of Mt Hood... and the stars at night up in the mountains are incredible!!
And definitely drive down the coastal side of the Cascades - gorgeous!!! Crater Lake is incredible.
(Ok, I just reread this and have to add that we didn't just sit there and watch that woman - it was just all of a sudden that she whipped her top off - we didn't have time to react before we saw it all! lol!!)

I've never been to Washington - yet. But we definitely want to go to the Olympia Rain Forest!
You will love the Olympic Rain Forest. Especially along the Hoh River. Be sure to watch for the herd of Roosevelt Elk that used to always be around there. They used to walk through the campground like they belonged there. LOL
Old 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by gaby4v
We are flying back to the West Coast in June and have a week to explore OR and WA. What is a must see and do?
Any tips are greatly appreciated. :D
I haven't read all the post, so most likely these will be repeats. But Multnomah Falls is one of the best attractions and is located outside of Portland to the east. Also the best fabric shop around is Fabric Depot, you can go to their web page and get driving directions. Also in June is the Rose Festival with something going on for several days. Have fun in our beautiful state. Jenelle -Portland, Oregon