Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My daughter's progress report >

My daughter's progress report

My daughter's progress report

Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by tealady
Save your sanity! Homeschool!
Surely you jest! I admire all you home schoolers, that is something I could never do. Their school is great - lunch with the principal is a privilege there, never had any issues really.

Originally Posted by luvnquilt
Sending my daughter to school IS saving my sanity- now if I could just get my 3 yr old potty trained so I can send him to preschool... :roll: :lol:
I know what you mean - sometimes Monday can't come around fast enough. My cube has a window and it's QUIET!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:08 PM

Here's another one from Billy..His lowest grade is a 93, hughest is a 97, A-Honor row every report period, is in dual language class, eng & Spanish! The local fireman paid a visit to the school and explained what the fire alarms were for and where they were located. Right after they left, Billy pulled the fire alarm. Shut the whole school down, he immediately told the teacher he did it. His mom was called to the principal's office where Billy was awaiting his fate. She asked the princepal if anyone asked him why he would do that. She said no, so mama asked Billy why he did that. He said they just got thru teaching us about the fire alarms but they didn't tell us how they sound. He set there and told both of them..I think we should know how they sound. He had to promise never to do that again.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 AM

I gotta add this one to the list. My late first husband was an independent thinker from the word go. When his second grade teacher put him in the hall for some infraction, he decided to go home. So he got up and walked home, unnoticed. His mother asked him what he was doing at home so early, and he told her he'd rather be at home than at school. She called the school and asked them if she could please speak to her son on the telephone, and they were pretty red faced when they couldn't find him. That may have started them thinking on other ways to discipline children!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

My youngest son wrote a bad word on the sidewalk at the school where I was a new teacher. Someone told him to write it. He didn't know what it was. I guess we've all been in situations like this.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvnquilt
Sending my daughter to school IS saving my sanity- now if I could just get my 3 yr old potty trained so I can send him to preschool... :roll: :lol:
Jill--I love your avitar--a two step quilt? or potato chip quilt?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM

Mind you we live on a farm, When my oldest now 25 was in kindergarden I was called to school . It seems he was talking about the size of the "testicles" on the new male hogs and "how good they were breeding them sows" Teacher had no understanding of life on a farm LMBO
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 AM

well back in Miami, my son got in trouble for having a rubber band in his pocket, it was considered to them a arm of assault, and they wanted to put that in his records, I got so mad because of that and I asked them what about the pencils are they weapons too, no wonder kids cant learn here all the tools are been taken away from them. thanks God I moved out to tennessee
Old 02-15-2011, 08:01 AM

Homespun- it's just squares of blue scraps with white that I put together with sashing around each square- alternating blue and white being the center, then sewed them together. - it's backed with minky and is sooooo soft- I almost couldn't give it away. I've admired your avatar too :)
I'm just loving these stories about kids.

Jill--I love your avitar--a two step quilt? or potato chip quilt?[/quote]
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 AM

My son gets in trouble for not keeping mind on school work. At home, he has no trouble keeping focused. As long as it is on a video game! Turn all school work into a game and he will be an A+ student! :)
Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 AM
jme

That is funny just probably not what you want to hear from your 6yr old. I know, I have a 5yr old boy. The DH and I have been having more conversations lately about what isn't appropiate for him like scary movies, attitude and such. But, hey she seems to express herself very well! :)