Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My daughter's progress report >

My daughter's progress report

My daughter's progress report

Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM

OMG these stories are hilarious (now that my 3 kids are grown up).
But now my 3 yr old DGS got into trouble at daycare last wk. The teacher called his mom to report that he had hit another child at school. When mom asked him why, he said that boy was asleep & he wanted him to wake up so he could play with him. I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Now I call him my "little bully". Not to him of course. That sounds like a sensible reason for hitting somebody. LOL . To a 3 yr old.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:03 AM

my oldest was very ill when she was 3--had to learn how to walk, all over again,etc. it left her a different child than she was before--viral encephaitls. when she went to school she was painfully shy, and didn't speak the entire year of kindergarten. i still remember the note we got from her first grade teacher, who was "delighted to inform us that she caught g. talking to her classmate behind her during class." the teacher was so happy that she was talking that she never said a word to the kids--just let them go!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 PM

when #1 son was in 4th grade, and was asking too many questions while teacher was trying to explain something, said teacher told him she didnt want to hear another word out of him. Two days later I got called to school to see if I could make him talk, or at least find out what was going on. when I askd him why he wouldnt talk, he told me what she had said . We both laughed about that one after he returned to his classs, she hadn"t told him it was okay to talk again!!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:49 PM

Got called to school when 2nd son in 5th grade, took a poster he had made for some class, health I think. He had taken empty pill bottles, a friend who was a pharmacist gave us empty capsules of different size and colors, and he used oregano, sugar, rock candy etc. to make a poster about drugs and it was really neat. Instead, he got into trouble and I had to go there to explain he wasnt bringing drugs to school!!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by loopywren
Originally Posted by clem55
From first grade through JR. high, every report card that came home said,"Linda needs to spend less time talking and more time working." She is 55 and still talks a lot, takes after her mom!LOL Youngest grandson is in kindergarten. When hids report card came this last time, and we asked about it, he said," some pretty good, and some not so good."He doesn't think rules apply to him, first two weeks of school, I think he was sent to the office four times! Heaven help him and the teachers!!
Oh this reminds me of my school days.. my reports always said the same thing too much talking etc.. I have to say nothing changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine said "chatterbox".
(Heck, I was an only child..needed to talk to someone... :thumbup: )