Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My DH trying to drink a Green Smoothie... >

My DH trying to drink a Green Smoothie...

My DH trying to drink a Green Smoothie...

Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 PM

Why can't you just eat all that stuff straight? It seems to me the mixture would be revolting, but we like all the separate elements, and they're all a frequent part of my cooking and baking.

Just curious: are tropical items like mangoes and avocados hard to come by in Alaska? We have them year round here, and they do not grow near here, so I don't know why they wouldn't be equally available everywhere, but my dd complains that she can't get good avocados a lot of times in St. Louis.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
...put that in a blender with an entire apple core and all (not the stem) and some more water to thin it out and I sip it through a straw, give the ole vita-mix a whirl and it's ready for me to drink. Truely not bad at all. The apple really helps a lot.
Have a great day!
:thumbup: :D :shock:
Oh, dear. Apple seeds contain a chemical that metabolizes into cyanide, which is a deadly poison. I checked snopes.com, and they confirm this. I imagine if you ingest the seeds whole they'd pass through, but you could not get me to swallow one of those drinks after it's pureed. Nope. Please be careful!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
...put that in a blender with an entire apple core and all (not the stem) and some more water to thin it out and I sip it through a straw, give the ole vita-mix a whirl and it's ready for me to drink. Truely not bad at all. The apple really helps a lot.
Have a great day!
:thumbup: :D :shock:
Oh, dear. Apple seeds contain a chemical that metabolizes into cyanide, which is a deadly poison. I checked snopes.com, and they confirm this. I imagine if you ingest the seeds whole they'd pass through, but you could not get me to swallow one of those drinks after it's pureed. Nope. Please be careful!
You might want to watch "A world without cancer" It is free on the internet. Thanks so much for being so kind and thoughtful!
:thumbup:
Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 PM

Guys, I just have to interject here. Yes, apple seeds contain cyanogenic acids but the impact is very minimal. Please don't rely on Scopes as your guide. Try to only check out reputable scientific websites for your health answers. I can help you with that if you need it.

If you want to be healthy, the bottome line is....90% of your diet should come from whole foods (fruits and vegetables). Animal protein should be a condiment, if not eliminated completely.