Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog stinks!  what do you use on yours?? >

My dog stinks! what do you use on yours??

My dog stinks! what do you use on yours??

Old 03-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Maggie_1963
I bathe and dry dogs for a groomer, all day long, and we use a product called Fresh N Clean, Petsmart used to carry it, but ours here does not anymore, we get it at our local grocery store...been using it for years, it is the best! Comes in a scent, (orange colored) and oatmeal for sensitive skin, pale green color...bathed a yorkie yesterday that had been sprayed by a skunk, and it almost took it out, not quite, as you may know how that goes, but almost! I use it on my dogs at home as well, there is also a cologne spray Fresh N Clean, the floral scent, not the baby powder, smells GREAT! Just like they got done at the grooming shop! lol!
Thats what we used on my DD's hound dog. Kept him smelling nice for a relatively long time. I loved their puppy shampoo also. I was very upset when Petsmart stopped carrying it. I recommended it all the time to our adopters . I hate when a store does that. Now they have all those stupid expensive fancy shampoos. That I can't use on my dog. Makes him itch.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 AM

Nothing that is why his name is Stinky, I brought him home from the shelter and said you stink dog, he started wagging his tail, and thats been his name ever sinec. My MIL tried to change it days later, and he just loved the name stinky. He chose his own name, and he lives up to it bath or not. who knew one little miniature poodle could smell so much
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Fabreez
Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 AM

and don't forget the conditioner -- use a good smelly one
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM

We have a 117 lb golden retreiver and he smells too especially since we have had sooo much rain and snow this yr. He does not like for me to use our hairdryer so I have to take him to the groomer in the winter but as soon as he gets wet in the snow ,which he loves, he starts ti smell again. No answer for you sorry
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Dawn ... rescue groups use it to remove tar and grease so it is safe for the animals ... it smells nice too!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM

I have a hound dog who stays outside because he causes major disasters in here. I wash him out there too and then while I spray him down with fabreze, hubby rubs it in. No matter what they have that smell. Yuck. LIke when our kids went out and came in from playing. PEeee ewhhhhhh. And tehy have dog fabreze wipes in the dog area in stores. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:59 AM

I use Paul Mitchell Oatmeal Dog Shampoo and Paul Mitchell Conditioning Spray, once a week on my Cavachon, Bella. Paul Mitchell makes a whole line of dog care products, and a little goes a long way. Bella smells wonderful!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM

quiltwoman wrote:I have never known a golden that didn't smell. They love water, mud, snow, you name it.

Rolling in a bunch of dead fish REALLY makes them stinky! Rather than put him in the car I was tempted to just leave him and buy a new one! LOL
Old 03-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Our dog is a Min Pin and he gets a dog smell also and the vet could not even answer my question. He is a house dog and we bathe him and he will still smell. Is it different breeds? I can't stand it. it is that Dog smell! Can't explain.