Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Drug problem,  could it be yours too? !! >

My Drug problem, could it be yours too? !!

My Drug problem, could it be yours too? !!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 AM

that was for Jo Ann,, I`m still trying to learn this,, sorry for confusion
Old 10-06-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by pojo
I'm glad I had the old drug problem too.

Too bad people don't follow the same plan today.
no what is to bad is snotty old people who think they know all...here is a story for ya.

Last weekend my husband(29) and I(27) took our children (6, 3, 1) to the grocery store and then on the way home we stopped at a local restaurant for dinner. There was NO ONE there but us. We went in sat down, ordered our food. About half way through our meal and older couple come in and are seated right behind us. As the couple walk to their seats they give my husband and I a very glaring "oh god we have to sit next to the kids" kinda look. I brushed it off, although my husband about snatched the purple hair right out of her head! We sat there everyone was quiet, everyone ate their meal. As we were preparing to leave the old woman looked over at us and said what cute kids you have. Normally in this situation I
would have thanked her and went on about my business UNLESS someone said something about my middle ones hair like they always do! lol instead. I gave her the "go F#$% yourself" glare and walked away! I think she got the point and I hope she learned a lesson, DO NOT ASSUME people don't follow the same discipline plan as yesteryear!

Not only do I have manners but so do my children. HOWEVER I do not allow anoyone to be rude or disrespectfull to my children or I just because I look young and have young children.

Now the "tween" age kids that came in with the not so gentlemen in is mid to late 30's maybe even early 40's now those were purebred a$$holes!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM

you'd be arrested for child abuse for treating your child this way in today's society.

hitting a child with a switch is a fast way to have CPS take your children out of your custody.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 AM

What I find unfortunate is the 'politically correct' delimma our young families and the school system faces regarding how to create 'good discipline'.

When I was growing up and to a lesser degree when my kids were growing up, the family values and the values of the community as a whole were pretty much the same. And if kids got out of line, either the mom/dad figure that observed the infraction took care of it right then and there, or let the parents know about it and it was handled (by woodshed method most likely) when said kids got home. Now not so much, especially in some areas.

And I think we all knew even back then that there were those parents who were unnecessarily harsh and I agree that there should be safeguards in place to counteract that. However requiring that no one lay a stern hand on a child is unnecessarily counterproductive IMO.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 AM

Danni, have you ever wondered why blue/purple haired folks just assume they have a right to act any blasted way they want I`m 55 and still a true redhead(I can prove it`s my natural color)and I hope to goodness I am not an ahole when i get older. I`m not one now so there is still luck I won`t be when i`m older! Good for you and the the go f yourself.. sorry for the french but it applies in this situation. Good for YOU!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM

These were the GOOD, BENEFICIAL DRUG
that the kids today definitely need.
J J
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
you'd be arrested for child abuse for treating your child this way in today's society.

hitting a child with a switch is a fast way to have CPS take your children out of your custody.
NOT in my house is it likely! :evil: "They" had better not even attempt it.
God's Word is quite specific about how to raise children; I intend to follow *that* wisdom, not "Caesar's (the government).

Haven't those of you who rarely "discipline" figured out that children learn by example and direction, NOT osmosis, peer pressure, and coddling their little egos?
Jan in VA
Old 10-06-2010, 10:02 AM

YIKES~ yes ma`am form E.Texas
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by fabric_fancy

NOT in my house is it likely! :evil: "They" had better not even attempt it.
God's Word is quite specific about how to raise children; I intend to follow *that* wisdom, not "Caesar's (the government).

Haven't those of you who rarely "discipline" figured out that children learn by example and direction, NOT osmosis, peer pressure, and coddling their little egos?
Jan in VA
Mom is that you?

LOL
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 AM

I was brought up to respect my elders. I raised my children like that. This generation has a new idea of speaking and talking to their children, allowing their freedom of speech,saying whatever they want. I have to tell you of my experience with my step-granddaughter. She was 5 years old and one weekend when we were visiting them, she looked at me and shouted"your NOT my grandmother.......and you have warts all over your face"......my dear daughter-in-law very nicely hung her head and said nothing to this child. I was shocked beyond belief. I had done nothing but give love to her since she was born. I cried the entire Thanksgiving weekend. When I asked her mother, why she had said this she replied..."she is brutely honest at times". I have no respect for my daughter-in-law to allow that behavior and if she allows her child to speak in such manner, I don't want to be involved in any of their lives. I feel badly for my husband because that is his only son. I pray that I can forgive but I will NEVER forget. (and by the way, I am not a freak)