Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My late mother-in-laws tip

I sew a strip of the boarder to the top of my my backing before quilting. That is the fasted way for me to tell the top

I made a long black line of permanent marker on the top and bottom of fitted sheeta. A scrap of fabric would work, too.
    And I will have to try some of these methods to mark the back of pajama bottoms. I always look for the seam in the elastic, but that is not always easily visible.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Blog Entries
    great tip , on my sheets I put a little red dot at the bottom with a permanent marker .

This reminded me of something my mother-in-law would do. As a nurse trained in the 1930s, the bed had to be made perfectly, so she would sew a couple of stitches to mark the center top of her spreads, blankets, and top sheets so she could tell how to always have them centered on the bed when she changed sheets. Then she didn't have to walk around the bed to see if both sides had the exact same amount of drape.

I make rectangular quilts for our double bed. Easy to find how they go on. Same for fitted sheets width is smaller than the sides. When I store my bed quilts I fold then in half widthwise a few times then fold up to the size I need them to be.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2