My mother has a question!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM

right , have mom toss one of the breakfast casseroles in the oven, give everyone a hug and go off and enjoy herself
Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 AM

Mom should go visit and let husband do whatever he wants to do
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by grammyp
Absolutely go for the breakfast. It is only breakfast after all. When I'm someone's guest I do not expect them to spend every minute with me. In fact, I appreciate some time to myself.
I totally agree.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 AM

thank you --- That's what I was feeling, but I've been known to do the wrong thing :roll: so I thought I'd ask you all... Mom is feeble and has trouble cooking. The whole weekend has her so stressed.....I wish I lived closer to help out. Stepdad DOES do a lot of the cooking so that's not the problem. I don't think she wants to get them together....she knows she only has 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to visit with boss so ...............

Now -- here's the kicker......when we're visiting...step dad never gives it a second thought to go to Bingo at the clubhouse. He knows we don't do bingo, that my DH refuses to go, but stepdad goes anyway....... :roll:
Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
thank you --- That's what I was feeling, but I've been known to do the wrong thing :roll: so I thought I'd ask you all... Mom is feeble and has trouble cooking. The whole weekend has her so stressed.....I wish I lived closer to help out. Stepdad DOES do a lot of the cooking so that's not the problem. I don't think she wants to get them together....she knows she only has 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to visit with boss so ...............

Now -- here's the kicker......when we're visiting...step dad never gives it a second thought to go to Bingo at the clubhouse. He knows we don't do bingo, that my DH refuses to go, but stepdad goes anyway....... :roll:

HMMMMMM
Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Pam

Hey what is good for the goose is good for the gander. I vote for breakfast with the boss.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Tell Mom to go , have a good time visiting and Hubby and Step daughter can do what they want . Who knows when Mom will get another chance to visit with former boss, and at this late date I think it would be RUDE to cancel. Especially since Step Daughter will be there for several days and boss won't be
Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 AM

My opinion is that Mom should go enjoy breakfast! I mean Please! Its just a short time compared to how long daughter would be there!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM

She should go for it and have a good time.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM

there's nothing wrong with saying "we have a previous engagement to go to for such and such time", your guests might just enjoy having some time to themselves to sit and enjoy coffee or even take a drive themselves.