My PC has problems!

Old 09-15-2014, 05:54 AM

On Friday I got yet another "Windows" call. I started out sounding so excited that someone was finally going to fix my windows, it's been broken a long time. As the call went on, I went into "crying" mode and told him that they called me and always promised to fix my windows and no one ever came to do it and I am really upset that they promise me" and on and on. After about five minutes of pretend crying and wailing, I told him I had to hang up. My daughter and I were laughing hysterically when the phone rang again. She answered and it was them again. Same guy, concerned (so he said) because I was so upset and crying. My daughter gave him what for for upsetting me and told him I was so bad she was going to have to medicate me. He told her she really needed to get me to a doctor, I needed help. We haven't had a good belly laugh like that in years! I just love to mess with their heads!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 PM

You are so right, Edie. I keep telling my 84 year old neighbor NOT to answer the phone, then she'll argue with the caller about why she can't afford their services. I got her out of an AT&T contract when her bill doubled and I found out someone had talked her into a "better deal". I saw they were billing her for internet and she didn't even have a computer. These calls should be against the law.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
I've gotten the same call from Ted (yeah, right) and he knows I'm having computer problems. At least I think that's what he said, couldn't understand him. Knowing it's a scam, I went into a long story about my husband leaving me for his 18 year old girlfriend and taking the computer with him and if I give Ted his password would he please get me all the banking info so I could get some money. I rambled on for a good 3-4 minutes until Ted hung up on me LOL!!
My husband will tell them the last time he touched a computer was when he was in college (70s) and took computer programming and he doesn't touch mine, doesn't even turn it on. Then he asks if they still use punch cards to input information. That pretty much ends the converstation.