Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!! >

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 AM

OH NO THEY DIDN"T!!!!! I totally agree they would be dead kids and then I would start on thier mother....I have a dear from that i would love to have over more often but her kids are wild...I spend more time trying to keep up w/ them then visitng.

Sorry had they been at my house...well lets just say they wouldn't be coming back....that is just wrong and the fact that this woman is raising these kids...sad !!!!
Hugs...I am so sorry you had to endure that situation.
dee
Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Banned

She brags [dil] she never got a spanking growing up ! It's never too late . She keeps on she'll get one for sure ! I've just had it with all of them . And to think she has 3 kids . She brought a cheesecake and put in my fridge [ Christmas ] . I wasn't eating it , she doesn't wash her hands . My oldest grandson ending up eating it , I'm surprised he didn't get sick from it . NASTY !!! Annie
Old 01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

This family would be useless to have in my life. All of them.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
She had the nerve to laugh about it .
THAT would have been the last straw for me. I am sputtering just reading this. What is/was BF's response?

Was the room closed up? In future, when you have company over (any company - particularly with children) I would verbalize the #1 rule: NOBODY is allowed in the sewing room!

Sorry you had to deal with that.

I just remembered when we were still living in Germany, I had a sisal rug in the kitchen. Our neighbor came by with her baby and the baby tossed her bottle with grape Coolaide on the floor. Purple juice all over. Mom didn't understand why I was upset either. grrrrr
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
She had the nerve to laugh about it .
THAT would have been the last straw for me. I am sputtering just reading this. What is/was BF's response?

Was the room closed up? In future, when you have company over (any company - particularly with children) I would verbalize the #1 rule: NOBODY is allowed in the sewing room!

Sorry you had to deal with that.

I just remembered when we were still living in Germany, I had a sisal rug in the kitchen. Our neighbor came by with her baby and the baby tossed her bottle with grape Coolaide on the floor. Purple juice all over. Mom didn't understand why I was upset either. grrrrr
Is she dil's sister ? Sounds like it . It just makes you wonder about some people . Kool-aid stains are hard to get out . So are popsicle stains .
I have had the rule for years Stay out of my sewing room ! When I'm working on a project , I leave my things out where I'm working . I expect them to be where I left them . { do I hear yes nods ? } A hasp has been put on the door , just need to get a padlock . A little too late tho . I really appreciate everyone understanding and kind thoughts . Thank you Annie
Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Annie, I have rethought my comment... Since I'm sure you have saved the debrey from the ransacking of your sewing room....I think I would invite them over! Yes, everyone thinks that I'm crazy...but hear me out.
Sit them with the parents on the sofa. Make sure that your boyfriend is standing next to you or behind you, not sitting in a chair and watching the tv.
Show them the handiwork that they made. List all the things that are still missing and ask if they can tell you where they put the item. Then present them with a cost list of replacement items, including your time in fixing the mess, and the quilt ( which would have been priceless).
If they can't pay up, than sign a contract with each parent, and with each child for a work program. Lawn work, heavy spring cleaning, take them to a community work program,etc. If they won't do this, tell them that this could end up in a courtroom. Scare the $%#@ out of the kids. This will teach them that it isn't worth being a brat.
Oh, and by the way. If you do this, make sure that you have a really nice smelling dinner in the oven. And when the conversation is over, tell them to go home, it is time for you to eat YOUR dinner. Susie
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 AM

Oh Annie,
So sorry!
I cannot believe the nerve of some people.
I'd be VERY MAD also.
Hope you get to straighten your room back up.
I would NOT let those kids back in.
I have a 7 & 12 year old. Believe me, they know they had NOT EVER do something like that.

Sending you a hug! :)
Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Goodness....I think I would have wound up on the 6:00 news as the quilter who strangled the little kids with the remnants of his quilt.
ROFLMBO!! That would be me!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so sorry that inconsiderate, @#^&% and her family are such delinquents. Not many people, besides other quilters, know what work and love go into making a quilt. To have it destroyed by undisciplined children is just too much. Then to have her laugh is the final insult. I wouldn't allow them back until they apologized, if I ever allowed them back at all. :( :( :(
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM

I think that if I didn't recognise her laughter as "nervous reaction", then my response would have been "Ok...you're an idiot, you shouldn't be raising children you don't want to watch, I'm calling CPS in the morning!"
Which is what I think you should do...call CPS, because those children are NOT be watched, and that's considered to be neglect...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

I've known many parents like these. Talking and reasoning will not work, they don't and never will see what all the fuss is about. They have no concept of respecting other people feelings and if confronted they will instantly play the part of being the victim. They are useless and using up good air.