Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!! >

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

They are no longer welcome in my home at all ! I don't think it was nervous laughter at all , just ignorant . And has a mouth like you wouldn't believe .
Annie
Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 AM

Annie, I'm so sorry this happened to you. As a quilter, I can appreciate the time, thought and effort that goes into making a quilt - even when it's just being put together. To have someone destroy it for no reason is unbelievable.

There are lots of great comments here. My two cents is to not have them over again and I'd rethink my relationship with my BF. Have a serious talk with him because when you marry someone, it becomes a package deal.

I'm shocked she just lets them do anything they want and it sounds like their father doesn't even step in. What's up with today's society?

Good luck to you!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Annie I'm so sorry that happened to you. My kids are only 5 and 7 and though not little angels by any means, know they mustn't go into my sewing room without my express permission. And they would never show such disrespect in someone else's home either. If they did, they wouldn't sit down for a week at least.

It's awful that these people are in a sense, part of your family. That makes it tougher to deal with. I know my kids have friends that I don't like coming over to play because of their behaviour. I usually only permit it in summer so at least then they're outside!

I hope you have the full support of your BF and that you managed to fix the damage. It makes my blood boil! I know that non-quilters find it hard to understand how much this means to us sometimes, but it's just a question of respect for other ppl's stuff - and respect is something sorely lacking in a lot of ppl (not only kids) these days.

Here's a big HUG!! Hope you feel better. :-)
Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Banned

I knew my quilty friends would understand :thumbup: . Annie
Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 AM

Annie, I don't know what i'd do. This type of situation causes alot of problems. The parents are the ones at fault here, they are the ones that are responsible for these monsters. If you want a relationship with this man and family, something needs to be worked out with paying for the damage now. I'm sorry this happened to you, and good luck with this, it will probably be a ugly mess if you choose to stay with this family. You deserve better, and there is better out there. I would rather be alone.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

Oh what in the world?? These kids need some serious discipline! What does your boyfriend think about all this? Sometimes it is a good thing to take this to heart and get out while you can.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM

I am the mom of 6 kids and if mine ever behaved that way, there would be trouble!!! There is no reason for kids to act like that. Shame on the mother for not doing something about it. Too bad she was never spanked. I was and I learned from it. We need to get back to the basics of child raising..........adults are in charge.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:50 PM

I think we're all missing another party to blame here -- the father of those horrid children. We're all jumping on the mother and ignoring their father. BOTH parents of those brats would be getting a huge piece of my mind and they would not be allowed back in my house for a long time if ever.

So sorry your room and work was disrespected like that. Some parents are just a waste of skin.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

The next time they come over (you know they will) just have one of these in your lap and they should act like little angels! :mrgreen:

Billy

Your going where?!?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66935[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66930.jpe  
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM

mu daughterinlaw was that way with the kids they would come in mess up the house and leave found out she had major depression since she has been on anti depresants that dose not happen amybe you could talk to her and find out if she is depressed good luck and god bless i will pary for a good resolve for you