Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need help  and encouragement... >

Need help and encouragement...

Need help and encouragement...

Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM

I am a flitter too!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM

Make a list and stick to it... as you see other things that need attention...make a new list for when the first list is completed. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02
Oh, I do the same thing. If I HAVE to get something done, like clean I make a list by room. So, I say I am going to spend X amount of time doing the kitchen, and I do not quit until the time is up. I make it for an amount of time I know I will need to clean it. I make myself stick to the one thing. When the time is up, I can then go and do what I want.

Sadly the dust does not bother me, or hubby (thank goodness) but when we are expecting company I want my house to sparkle. So...this weekend we are having company, and I will be making my list, so everything is done before they arrive.

I just hate to clean, I think is the issue, and I to be honest, dust makes me sick, I have asthma and dusting just makes me so sick. So, my hubby does alot of the dusting, and my daughter will come over and do it for me too.

And I live in Phoenix, which has to be the dustiest place I have ever lived !!!!
Didn't you guys just get hit with this gigantic dust storm? Saw it on TV...big wall of dirt bearing down on Phoenix.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Talk to your medical care Dr. He can't help unless you are up front about what you are experiencing.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:55 AM

I think many of us do the same thing. You have to chose/prioritize your battles. Make a list in order of importance. Allow yourself to finish one thing, and to 'hit the high spots' on others. Make a schedual, and tweak it a bit as needed.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM

and learn to make meals that you can assemble and walk away while they cook. For meals that need some attention while cooking, I do dishes, or clean the kitchen floor.
I iron fabric while my favorite shows are on TV. Then I don't feel guilty for watching TV when I have stuff to do.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:52 AM

My solution that has been most effective is to have a small pad and pencil available in each and every room of the house. As I'm involved in a project and another idea hits, I immediately write it down, put a date on it and stuff it in my pocket. There. I won't forget it now and can stay on task.

At the end of the day, I take all those slips and put them in a box. Occasionally, I'll sort through them and prioritize those more important ones (or ones I really, really want to do) toward the top.

I get so much more done this way and I'm not walking around with all that in my head.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Sorry can't help.I'm exactly the same.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Nanna, Try starting in room furthest away from the front door and don't let anything stop you till its done, then move to the next room. Close the door behind you when it is done, and first thing you know its all finished. Remember to get help with the heavy stuff
Old 07-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Oh, how many of us are out there? If we made a club, we could form our own political party - IF we could get to the meetings! :wink:
Debbie