Need New Vacuum Cleaner

Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM

I have a Rainbow that we purchased in 1996. We had carpet then but now we only have tile. The floor brush works great on the tile. Just like Coopah mentioned no bags and no dust. You can also use it as a humidifier, which I have never tried, but a friend that had emphysema used it as a humidifier all the time. Expensive but worth it!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM

I have a Dyson that is used downstairs. It doesn't work half as good as my Hoover. I would never buy another one. I will stick with the Hoover hands down. My kids have used both and they agree the Hoover cleans so much better.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 PM

DYSON hand down. Even over a Rainbow. I clean houses in my spare time some have as many as 3 cats in then, so has 2 dogs and I have never had 1 complaint with their carpets.or amy thing else I clea with my dyson. My is the one for all floors. I think mine is dc07
Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 AM

I have bothe Miele and dyson and always choose Miele. A great machine and worth it's price. Still going strong 15+
Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

I have two Dysons and have never looked back. Never did like the Oreck. It was explained to me that the reason it is so light (empty) is because of the very small motor. Once that big bag is full, it isn't light anymore. We had a big hairy German Shepherd and other vacuums didn't work all that well on his shed hair. I got the big purple Dyson and wow, what a difference. Then, got new carpeting and the Dyson was hard for me to push, since for us, it never lost suction. I got one of those cordless stick Dysons which now that there is no dog, works perfectly fine for us. I can do the entire house on a charge and not fool with a cord and it does have attachments. Spendy, but, I don't have a maid and want to be able to do it with as little fuss as possible. It does hard surfaces and carpet.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:26 AM

I have a Dyson and recommend it highly.
We have 2 medium sized dogs, 2 large parrots and with my sewing and my husbands woodworking our floors & carpets get really dirty. The Dyson has never had an issue and it handles everything thrown at it.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 AM

Thank you all for your kind responses. I really appreciate it!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:52 AM

I just recently bought an Eletrolux canister vac that is bagless and with Hepa filter. I have a Great Dane and a Rottie and live on a dirt lane. It is unbelieveable how much dirt and dog hair this thing picks up. I like that the bagless collection part is all washable, with washable filters too. It is wonderful, not cheap $400 but certainly a whole lot better than the Kenmoore canister that I had before it. I also have an Electrolux upright bagless for up in my carpeted bedroom. Again, not cheap, but has all the great filters that the canister vac has. I love them both. I have a little sewing area in my bedroom too, and the upright does a great job of picking up threads.