Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need tips to clean tub and shower >

Need tips to clean tub and shower

Need tips to clean tub and shower

Old 01-30-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Use plain white vinegar on a regular basis instead of harsh chemicals.
I use white vinegar on lots of things, windows, bathroom, kitchen stove, counter tops..its good for dissipating odors and cleans grease, ect. well...for windows I use spray bottle w/water and vinegar...baking soda works well also...
Old 01-30-2017, 06:32 PM

A lot depends on the surface you're cleaning. I use soft scrub w/bleach on just about everything. Most of the tough scum comes up with little effort. My shower is ceramic tile/tub. When we were building this house, the concept of fiberglass surrounds was mentioned. Got a resounding 'no' from me due to prior experience. It was recommended that if that is your situation, after getting it clean, use general car wax on the fiberglass.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:38 PM

I mix one cup of dawn and one cup of warm white vinegar...wipe it on,let it sit 30 minutes,then rinse off.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:52 AM

I use Liquid Comet to clean. After you get it clean, try Clean Shower, or one of the other sprays you use after each shower. You Simply spray your tub/shower after each use and leave it. Do not rinse. I have used it for years. It works. I only scrub my tub/shower about once a month.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:10 AM

I use a paste of baking soda and white vinegar. I haven't found anything it hasn't gotten off yet. My brother-in-law had grungy edge of his tub where it meets the tile and tried a lot of things and figured he'd just have to live with it and I suggested the baking soda and vinegar and it got it clean. It also is not toxic.
I live in the South and use white vinegar to get mold off the stucco in some places on the outside of my house where it tends do gravitate. Spray it on, let it sit a bit, rub with a brush and rinse off. My neighbor borrowed some of my vinegar and she replaced it with a new gallon. The one she got is Heinz brand and labeled "Cleaning Vinegar" "cleaning strength". I'd never seen that before and just used the kind you use in making food but bought it by the gallon. She probably got it at either Walmart or Publix. Vinegar works wonders on so many things.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:39 AM

Tub and Tile by Melaleuca - diluted per instructions, spray on plastic shower curtain, ceramic tile and tub/lavs - works great! We've used it for 20 yrs. No, we are not distributors and we don't have a house full of that company's productsl It's just a product that does what it says it will.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:47 AM

I went the squeegee route. When done showering just squeegee the water off the wall, and dry with the towel. Not any harder than scrubbing.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:56 AM

I'm another fan of magic erasers.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:45 AM

I think I saw this on pinterest, but if you have a glass shower door, take glass top stove cleaner and paint it on with a small paint brush, let it set for a while, I think I wait 1/2 hour, rise off and dry with a clean cloth, no need for scrubbing. Worked for me.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:17 AM

I use a long scrubber with a tilted head, designed to get into all the corners. Big box stores have them now. No need to bend over. I even wrap the head and use it as a mop.