Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need tips to clean tub and shower >

Need tips to clean tub and shower

Need tips to clean tub and shower

Old 01-31-2017, 02:38 PM

I know this sounds tedious, but after each bath or shower I wipe it down with a small towel - I have glass see thru doors and this keeps them clean.....No soap build up and it only takes a minute or two......
Old 01-31-2017, 03:27 PM

You will be surprised how changing from bar soap to a liquid shower gel saves on cleaning. The bar soap is what makes the scum. We also wipe the shower down after each use. Hubby uses a squeegee and I use an old towel. Saves a lot.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:43 PM

I use Dawn dish soap and cleaning vinegar (heated up) in a spray bottle. Use liberally in shower and rinse. Glass is clear and soap scum gone. Just need to be careful as shower floor will be slick from the soap.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 PM

DGD is selling Norwex products at home parties (remember Tupperware, Stanley, Home Interior that we all got invited to years ago?) Well, its the next generation's turn. Products are sky high, but she's my GD so I bought a gray mitt with a rough side and a smooth side. It peels the scum right off my fiberglass tub and shower.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:54 PM

I use this for cleaning shower. It took daily spraying & scrubbing one spot in my tub for a month to finally get all the hard water/mineral build up off. Now I just spray my tub and shower walls 2-3 times a week and swish out before showering next day. http://www.everydaycheapskate.com/ho...ar-like-magic/
Old 01-31-2017, 08:07 PM
dms

I used a paste of warm vinegar and baking soda and dawn dishwashing soap. Use gloves and spread the mixture over the tub or shower. Let it sit at least 2 hours (I let it overnight). After that it takes very little to rinse and wipe off grime. This worked better than anything I have ever tried. I found it on pinterest.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:19 AM

Default Shower/Tub cleaner

Originally Posted by Wildernessties View Post
I have tried several different cleaners but I just can't seem to find one that really cleans the soap scum off my tub and shower. If anyone has any thoughts or tips, I would love to hear them. I'm sure there may be others, too, who could use this information. Thank you in advance.

Get some Bar Keepers Friend, sold near the Comet. Not too abrasive - does a great job!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Bagwell View Post
I have used vinegar,with Dawn dish washing soap and water in a spray bottle. Spray , leave on for a couple of minutes, then scrub. Smells for a while but it leaves it all clean and shiny.

I need to get back to doing this....cannot stand caustic chemicals..and most of them are worthless.
sandy
Old 02-01-2017, 12:40 PM

The Dollar Store has a product called Awesome. It's in a plastic bottle. Comes in a spray bottle or a 1 quart refiller size. Mixing directions are on the side of the container. Each bottle is $1...'cause it's, after all, the Dollar Store. It is an excellent cleaner. I used a diluted version on my stove and it cuts grease like you wouldn't believe. Use in it a mop bucket for clean floors. Put a little full strength in the toilet and get excellent results. The value is amazing. No fumes that I notice but it does have a clean smell. Good luck. Would love to hear if anyone else knows about this great value.

Last edited by llong0233; 02-01-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2017, 01:08 PM

I used a stainless steel cleaner called sprayway that I got at the Sams club and it worked like magic on my shower doors!! Didn't try it on my tub though. It comes off instantly with no hard rubbing at all. Hope this helps . It sure worked for me.