Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nightmare mammogram appointment.....funny!!!! >

Nightmare mammogram appointment.....funny!!!!

Nightmare mammogram appointment.....funny!!!!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM

I don't doubt a word of it! 2 hours! I think that that translates into unlawful imprisonment!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Love it. Pregnant with our third child, I had an appointment. Our oldest was in school and our 2 1/2 year old daughter was dropped off for what was to be 1/2 hour with Daddy at work. No problem right. My blood pressure was a bit elevated so the doctor told me to lay down on the exam table and they'd be back in in a few minutes to check it. When I woke up 2 hours later I stepped into the hall and found no one in that wing of the clinic. Finally found the doctor working at a computer who's jaw dropped when she realized they had literally forgotten. Needless to say my husband and daughter weren't very amused. Good thing it wasn't the last appointment of the day and they lock me in.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:05 PM

OMG that is too funny. I think that the lady is due way more than just "case dismissed." Mammograms are right up there with pelvic exams as being the most humiliating experiences we, as women, have to endure. She went to lunch? I would have liked to put her perky little puppies in the machine and let her stand there for a couple of hours; oh, and lower the thermostat about 20 degrees.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 PM

Good one! I lol and showed it to DH, he said "are you kidding at the comment and then LOL at the end!

Reminds me of a visit to a Kaiser ER after I had scratched my cornea. Okay the two hours in the waiting room was bearable (others in worse shape), but the kicker was that after they put me in the exam room, a fire alarm or some kind of alarm went off and they left me in the room while I am watching people walk by through the partially opened. Someone finally came and said sorry, it was a false alarm.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Glad to see Ditter back. I was getting worried.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM

too cute, I would of done the same thing too!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:52 PM

Glad your back, Ditter, Have missed you.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM

I think this one tops them off... I don't know where you come up with some of the things you send in, but Ditter, you are great..
I'm having a problem with copying this, as I want to send this to a friend who is a breast surgical oncologist.. She would so appreciate it..
Barri
Old 06-22-2011, 06:20 PM

ROLOL
Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
While conducting some business at the Court House, I overheard a lady, who had been arrested for assaulting a Mammogram Technician, say,
"Your Honor, I'm guilty but.....there were extenuating circumstances."
The female Judge said, sarcastically, "I'd certainly like to hear those extenuating circumstances." I was curious, so I listened as the lady told her story.
"Your Honor, I had a mammogram appointment, which I actually kept. I was met by this perky little clipboard carrier smiling from ear to ear and she tilted her head to one side and crooned,
"Hi! I'm Belinda! All I need you to do is step into this room right here, strip to the waist, then slip on
this gown. Everything clear?"

I'm thinking, "Belinda, try decaf. This ain't rocket science." Belinda then skipped away to prepare the chamber of horrors.

With the right side finished, Belinda flipped me (literally) to the left and said, "Hmmmm. Can you stand on your tippy toes and lean in a tad so we can get everything?"

Fine, I answered.

I was freezing, bruised, and out of air, so why not use the remaining circulation in my legs and neck to finish me off? My body was in a holding pattern that defied gravity (with my other breast wedged between those two
4 inch pieces of square glass) when I heard and felt a zap!

Complete darkness, the power was off!

Belinda said, "Uh-oh, maintenance is working, bet they hit a snag."
Then she headed for the door.

"Excuse me! You're not leaving me in this vise alone are you?" I shouted.

Belinda kept going and said,
"Oh, you fussy puppy...the door's wide open so
you'll have the emergency hall lights. I'll be right back."

Before I could shout NOOOO! She disappeared. And that's exactly how Bubba and Earl, "maintenance men Extraordinaire" found me...half-naked with part
of me dangling from the Jaws of Life and the other part smashed between glass

After exchanging a polite Hi, how's it going type greeting, Bubba (or possibly Earl) asked, to my utter disbelief, if I knew the power was off.

Trying to disguise my hysteria, I replied with as much calmness as possible, "Uh, yes, I did but thanks anyway."

"OK, you take care now" Bubba replied and waved good-bye as though I'd been standing in the line at the grocery store.

Two hours later, Belinda breezes in wearing a sheepish grin. Making no attempt to suppress her amusement, she said, "Oh I am sooo sorry! The power came back on and I totally forgot about you! And silly me, I went to lunch.

Are we upset?"

And that, Your Honor, is exactly how her head ended up between the clamps...."

The judge could hardly contain her laughter as she said "Case Dismissed!
Well, I know this is a joke but it actually happened to me twice at two different facilities. The attendant left me on the first one but the other one stayed with me until the power came back on!!!! True story!