Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Not for faint of heart picture of Morgan >

Not for faint of heart picture of Morgan

Not for faint of heart picture of Morgan

Old 06-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

what to say, mom? I've got both kinds of tears going on...and hugs for you all. Stress can make families back away from each other, or bring them closer together. Praying that you all are knitted together by your love for each other. Also praying, that someone steps up, and sits with your other children, so you can be with Morgan more.
If you have/had a tape recorder, you could make tapes with your children to play for Morgan, and vice versa. Don't know how long she will be in hospital, but recovery will take a while. Praying you get all the help you need,...which is a lot!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:15 PM

The warmest healing hugs to your family, Jamie. You've all been in my prayers. So very glad to hear she's improving!
Big warm healing hugs,
Diana
Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM

My heart and prayers are with you and Morgan. Thank you for posting pictures and keeping us updated. I know it is hard to get away from your baby to do anything. You will be holding and hugging her soon .
BillsBonBon
Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM

thank you for keeping us updated! Do the doc's know what the problem is yet? Its been a while since I have been on here so that is why I am unclear. Our hearts go out to you all & our prayers are with you.

hugs to you all. P.S. your daughter is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:08 PM

Jamie- that is one beautiful brave baby girl you have there. You give her a gentle hug and a kiss and tell her there are folks here in Massachusetts who wish her a fast recovery.. God bless

Lisa
Old 06-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Jamie,

Do you know that several (ok, probably more than that, but time flies) years ago NIH did a double blind study on prayer and healing? They had a group of monks or nuns, in a cloistered community (meaning they never left the monastery/abbey) and sent them the name of a specific person many states away, who was having a surgical procedure. That's all they knew, a name. Not what was wrong with them, not when, where, why or anything else. The person being prayed for did NOT know they were being prayed for either. All of the patients had the same surgical procedure. NIH results showed that there was a very big difference in success, outcomes, complications and recovery between the patients who were prayed for, and those who weren't.

Morgan and you have lots of people praying for her. I believe it will make a difference. Hang in there kiddo. And there are as many hugs as prayers coming your way.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM

Angels help too.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM

Here is my before picture of Morgan....we just got back from the hospital..she's had more tubes removed, she goes in for her angiogram tomorow..and they told me she is slowly coming out of critical care....the swelling and such is the same, but she seemed calmer, today, less spastic movements, and much more aware of me, and her siblings...I asked about the piece of her brain that they removed, and they said that this is the same piece they remove when kids have siezures and not to worry..but have told me nothing else, and nothing new...waiting is the hardest part...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19757.jpe  
Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM

She's just gorgeous!

Something I learned when my nephew had major head surgery (he was 7 too, and now, one year later, seriously you would not know to look at him what he'd been through). The swelling is massive, and intense, and it takes a LONG time to go down. So don't be afraid if it's not as quick as swelling on any other part of the body. We were warned that his head would be swollen for up to six weeks, and while it would improve slowly over that time, it wouldn't be completely gone for at least six weeks.

Something else I learned... don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for a contact number or email address if questions pop into your mind later when you're at home. Keep a notebook to write your questions down in so you don't forget. And most of all, don't be afraid to say "wait a minute, I don't understand" and force them to explain it in human language. You are entitled to be fully informed of what is happening (or not happening) with your child.

I wish I could be there to help you. Someone should be backing you up, you should have some kind of support person at the hospital whose sole job is to look after you and make sure you are getting what you need.

I've printed Morgan's picture out, and have a new candle just for her. Will keep it lit and will keep sending love and hugs for as long as it takes.

Vix
((hugs))
Old 06-23-2009, 05:44 PM

This hospital is amazing! There is nothing there that I dont understand, and if i dont understand something that even print me up info for me to read...they call and send doctors into me all the time just so I can talk to them, and they even call me at home ( surgens and doctors and nurses ) to let me know stuff....they drop what ever they are doing to answer anything...even at 2 in the morning when I call...These doctors and nurses and staff are so supportive, and amazing I couldn't possibly ask for a better place for her. They let me help with everything..to are family oriented, being a childrens hospital..and it's just incredible! She is in amazing hands there...which i think is the only reason I can stand to leave her side...