Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc >

Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc

Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc

Old 04-01-2010, 03:12 AM

We don't watch the news on TV or any of the tv rags, I scan the newspaper. Have you ever noticed good news doesn't sell? So, I just sit and sew, listen to my audiobooks. If I watch tv it is Survivor (Who wants to know anything about Tiger or Jesse when we know all about Russell and Rupert (If you watch, you know who I am talking about!), or the cooking shows, Project Runway, Top Chef. That's my kind of TV. I don't like the stupid comedy shows, the cop shows are violent and the language they use that used to make my cheeks red when we first got cable is now on broadcast tv. I say - WHO CARES? I do, because this is giving the young kids a magnified version of life and they think it is true to life - It's not! True to life is us! Edie
Old 04-01-2010, 03:17 AM
Banned

I hate to turn on the news in the morning and hear all that crap! I want to hear news not about peoples personals lives!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Could you imagine the amount of newsprint and air time needed if every man who dipped his pickle in someone else's icecream was made known! Enough already........
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39687.gif  
Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 AM

when we first got cable is now on broadcast tv. I say - WHO CARES? I do, because this is giving the young kids a magnified version of life and they think it is true to life - It's not! True to life is us! Edie[/quote]

Excellent, Edie! Thank you ever so much for your imput! Much appreciated.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:44 AM

What, you choose entertainment TV over quilting, for shame.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 AM

Okay, don't hate me for my opinion, it may not be popular...
But, this is 2010, not 1950, no, I'm not saying what they did was right; what I'm saying is it should be something that's handled between them their family, and the other person(s) involved. Why does the media think that the public needs to weigh in on whether someone apologized properly in a public forum. they are grown men, with grown up wives, and it's their business. it was the media that built up Tiger Woods to be this perfect person... no one gave a hoot about what Jesse James was doing in his daily life until this story broke, now he can't drive down the street without there being some confrontation... oh, and let's not forget, there were women that participated , there's no way they didn't know these 2 were married.Leave them both alone
Old 04-01-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
Heaven forfend I would put tv over quilting. When I am all done for the evening, pj's are on, husband is watching tv in bed, dog is nestled on the couch, house is locked up, shades drawn, I will turn on the tv and watch a little tv and fall asleep. That is what I call my total wipeout time! Then I go to bed. Oh, hey, take it back! On Tuesday and Thursday AM - 7:00, I watch Fons and Porter's quilting show. Need I say more? Edie
Old 04-01-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Raise your hand if you are TIRED of hearing about Tiger Woods and Jesse James. :thumbdown: :-( :x
Count me in. They need to learn that when you get married you are bound to that person for life.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
Both! We have 4 different quilting programs on Saturdays, and then there's NOVA, Discovery Channel. Don' YOU have a tv in your sewing room?? I do - does anyone else here?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 AM

[. it was the media that built up Tiger Woods to be this perfect person... no one gave a hoot about what Jesse James was doing in his daily life until this story broke, now he can't drive down the street without there being some confrontation... oh, and let's not forget, there were women that participated , there's no way they didn't know these 2 were married.Leave them both alone[/quote]

It sells papers and magazines - there MUST be TONS of media that are depending for smut and dirt to keep a job. I agree with you but it IS being forced down our throats - why? because alot of people do NOT get fulfillment in their lives, I would expect.