Oh No..Big Problem!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:03 PM

Need to share another "toilet" story. But first I want to say I really am sorry this happened to you Ditter. You don't deserve it as you are the one who keeps your chin up ( and ours) with your funny stories. Back to my sad story. Quite a few years ago one of my Grandaughters went fishing in the toilet with a wooden carpenters ruler, the type that folds up. Of course it broke in two inside the toilet . When my DH installed a new toilet he had to find out what had happened so he took a sledgehammer smashed it and then discovered what happened. B/4 you guys say it...this is not a fish story, it really happened. We still tease her about. All's well that ends well.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
Originally Posted by Ditter43
Well, it turned out not to be as bad as we thought! Still a pain in the butt though! With any luck at all, we'll have it going before the night is over!
We do have another bathroom but you miss one if you're used to it being there!! :lol:
Hey Ditter43, Now all you need is one of those padded toliet seats for your pain. LOL
I hate those padded seats! I have enough trouble wiping my fat butt!! :lol:
Old 12-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

I knew there was a punch line coming. lol. Hang in there I had a bad toilet problem over 25 yrs ago and my husband said "some day we'll laugh over this" and it's still not funny. 25 yrs later.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
kbs

Remodeling is a monster lurking at every job site. Eventually it will be finished and wonderful.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 PM

My DD & her hubby were at their lake home in Ky last week. They live in Springsboro, Ohio. Came home to a very floded home. Their water softner had exploded & they have water every where. Insurance sent a clean up team in A.s.a.p They will be there about 5 days cleaning. Thank goodness they have such good insurance. What a mess right before the holidays. Donna, the Rustic Quilter
Old 12-21-2010, 08:30 PM

BIG (((((((HUGS))))) to all you with house problems
Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 PM

Driving home from church on Sunday saw a corner piece of wood hanging down. Thought - a ladder, a hammer, done! Well, when I went to look it wasn't just the corner trim piece - was the entire corner of the house - rotted and falling down. Took 2 days to get a repairman out and the entire house has rotted wood under the eaves - corners are worse. Seems the guy we hired years ago to paint and repair facia boards did a bad job and water has been leaking in all these years. Slow leaks are not insurance covered. Roof needs to be replaced and rotten wood replaced all along the eaves of the house. Looking at around $20,000. What a remodel I could do with that money! But ... what fun is a new roof? Practical, necessary, but fun?????

A few years ago a leak in a wall got me a new bathroom complete with spa tub - now THAT was fun!

Double the cost and triple the time or Double the time and triple the cost? Either way - pooey!

So sorry you're having trouble and hope it all comes together in less time and less money than expected.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Ditter43, I know what you mean about those padded seats. It wasn't funny at the time, but I moved wrong, and the vinyl cut my butt.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Dee

Glad its better than thought. We woke up to the kitchen ceiling wet and rug. The 2nd floor comode was leaking. Had to replace that and repair kitchen. Not cheap and not fun. So good luck. A bath and kitchen 2 worse construction jobs.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 PM

Glad it's not the worst news, but still! Ouch!