Pay Pal

Old 09-24-2010, 06:08 AM

I just started using PP, Had an issue about not receiving goods from a vendor; they checked into it and refunded my money in a short amount of time . I use it with my credit card , don't want it linked to my bank account. I also noticed they are taking a small fee out each time I use it to buy or sell items. Is this normal?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Purple, it's normal for selling but I don't think they charge you for buying, at least not on ebay
Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Purple, it's normal for selling but I don't think they charge you for buying, at least not on ebay
The agreement says NOTHING about charging for either transaction. I wonder if that's legal?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
The agreement says NOTHING about charging for either transaction. I wonder if that's legal?
I know, I didn't remember seeing anything about a fee, when I signed up. It looked like 10% on a couple of my transactions.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Originally Posted by JoanneS
I know, I didn't remember seeing anything about a fee, when I signed up. It looked like 10% on a couple of my transactions.
I just looked through more details of the agreement - there are fees for sellers - and for sending money unless you have your account through your bank account. You have a higher limit with your bank account. From what I've read here, it looks safe, so I'm signing up for having it work through my bank account.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 AM

I buy and sell using paypal. My ebay account was hacked and they spent 3k. I was able to talk to paypal and since they didn't have anything shipped to my verified address, paypal did understand that I had not made the purchases. I got all my money refunded. It was a huge headache for 2 weeks and I had to close out that checking account but in the end paypal saved my butt.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

I use PayPal all of the time and have never had any problems with them.
Twice I have had a seller not come through, and they made sure my money was refunded right away :D:D:D
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM

I have used paypal for several years. Never a problem. AND they got my money back for a sleezy sale. I fund it from my bank account and it works good. I can send money to my kids in college for car repairs, etc. I have no reservations or bad stories. I, too, think it's safer than a credit card.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:47 PM

I have had paypal for many many years, never had a problem until recently. Someone hacked my sons itunes account, to the tunes of some $300 dollars! My paypal is linked to my checking account so the money was taken out of it but paypal was AWESOME in dealing with it, it refund the money and was very helpful, even more so than my bank or itunes was! Excellent customer service!!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 PM

I trust paypal and have been very happy with them. Just be careful about phishing schemes claiming they are paypal...... :|