Perfume, do you wear it.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM

I used to work with a lady who sprayed perfume on like is was body spray and she'd reapply several times a day.
You could always tell when she had been in your area because the smell lingered. She was like Pig Pen from the Charlie Brown comics. Her little cloud of perfume would greet you long before you saw her.

So, I don't wear any sort of scent in the work place. YOu just don't know who is allergic and who just doesn't like what you are wearing.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 PM

I spray just a little of Red Door on every morning when I dress. Both my husband and I love the scent.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:24 PM

I wore perfume when I worked, now I just wear a little for special occcasions. There are some smells that choke me, like what my MIL wears (or did wear).

A little will go a long ways.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:29 PM

When my supply is used up I will quit wearing parfum. I can't afford it now that we're retired. My favorite scent is almost $100 a bottle.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:42 PM

I have a dear friend who wears patchouli. I come home and my clothes, my skin, and my hair all smell like it - ugh. I love her but HATE that smell.

I like scents that are fresh, clean, and crisp in the summer, or light, soft, flowery, powdery scents for the winter.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 PM

I dont care for perfume... would rather smell/breathe fresh air.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
A couple of things I've noticed about people wearing perfume and I do wear a little, I mean a LITTLE.
You know when a car passes you driving 50 mph and you can smell their perfume through closed windows, they might have on to much.
When you have to wash your clothes after hugging someone, they might have on to much.
When you sit next to some one and have to fan to breathe, they might have on to much.

So what are your thoughts?
LOL LOL LOL Sounds like the You might be a Redneck........
You are totally RIGHT...... I always wonder that ,they didn't take a bath and bathed in perfume lol lol lol
I wear a very light amt....but always have someone asking what I'm wearing......Clinque..aromatics elixer......
I don't think that everyone can wear the same perfume,either...
But passing a car @ 50 mph and know what they are wearing...That cracks me up............LOL LOL LOL
Honestly when I'm out walking and people drive by I can smell the perfume and wonder if they bathed in it.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:59 PM

I love perfume! It makes me feel special and romantic. I wear it alot and I wear it for myself. I don't care if know one else likes it or not. (smokers don't care if they are offensive to others, and that can be one horrable smell). When we go to functions I'm not in the minority.
My husband loves buying it for me as a special gift.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM

nope super allergic, so i really hate when people lather it on, it would give me a headache. i stick to misting sprays, they aren't strong like perfume
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM

I use very little each day, but I love it and receive compliments on it. Years ago an exDIL worked on Rodeo Drive in a perfume shoppe, where they tossed out the tiny quarter ounce sample spray bottles after new ones came in. She gave me a lot of them and I'm still using them, one spritz a day.

Surprisingly, the most compliments I get from men and little kids is when I am amused enough to rub some vanilla extract on my wrists!!!!