Perfume, do you wear it.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 PM

Often I wake up with headaches so on those days I don't wear cologne every other day I do! When my mom was alive she would take a bath every night and put perfume on. One night I asked her why she always put perfume on before bed she replied "you never know who I'm going to meet in my dreams"! She was so cute! I miss her, now when I bathe before bed I put cologne on too!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Monika
I don't wear it....gives me a headache. I think too many people wear too much.
I agree, I get a headache too.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM

No scents for me...highly allergic. Many perfumes and fragrances added to lotions, cleaning supplies, etc will cause asthma attacks or rashes. I often must leave church and other places where I must be in close contact to others if there is a perfume or aftershave or hair gel product too near to me.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Vat

I wore perfume years ago but became allergic , so now I can no longer wear it, I have to buy everything such as, soaps shampoos, hairspray , etc., etc. without fragance. That is a toughy sometimes, had to become a label reader.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 AM

Yep, Jasmine Noir - a gift from my hubby at the tax free shop. I tried it on and he grabbed the biggest bottle he could find. I wear a little spray everyday... At 65, I'm thrilled he loves to lean in and smell me when he walks by. :thumbup:

However, I do not like people wearing strong perfume in public places... especially on airplanes, which I use a lot.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 AM

I've been wearing the same fragrance for 20+ years! Liz Claiborne is my signature, but only 3 spritzes for the whole day. I work at a prison, so something good smelling is needed & the smell of baking cookies isn't possible!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Monika
I don't wear it....gives me a headache. I think too many people wear too much.
Ditto - a clean body and clothes smell OK.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 AM

I have fragrance allergies and can't tell you the number of times I have had to move in a theater or concert because someone sitting near me had so much perfume on that my eyes watered so much I looked like I was crying or I could not breath. And when you get up to move they give you dirty looks like it is your fault.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 AM

I don't wear it and cannot be near anyone who does. I have had to get up and leave restaurants in the middle of a meal when someone wearing perfume/cologne arrives to sit nearby. I have had to come home from chiropractor appointments to take another shower and wash my clothes because they & I reeked of his cologne.

I've finally broken my husband of using spray deodorizers in the house; they can be especially bad in winter when I have to choose to stay in the house & stop breathing or go outside & freeze. He thinks I'm a drama queen.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:44 AM

I have never been able to wear any. My eyes water, my nose runa and I start coughing. Not a pretty sight. LOL