Picture Perfect Snowfall

Old 12-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Don't know when you posted from Western NC but it was snowing hard here in Cullowhee this Christmas morning and at about 3pm there were 6.5 inches in my yard and now at 7:30 it's still coming down. That's a crippling amount here in the mountains and it's supposed to continue into Monday! My driveway is .4mi. and very steep. It is also shaded even in winter at the steepest and sharpest curve on it. It has remained around freezing and slightly above which means some melting then freezing under the damp snow so that I'll have impassable ice for days to come. Do not buy a Prius if you live in mountains! I did go out and play with the dogs for a bit and that brightened my mood. I was undable to join friends for dinner so had a solitary one at home but did talk to daughters and grands on phone.

Despite having swept the now off my Direct TV satellite dish several hours ago but now I can't access TV. The power has been flickering so I'm headed for bed with good old XM radio and a good book.

I'll take some pictures when I get my new camera figured out. It was a Christmas gift to myself.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
Originally Posted by Maiziedo
I, too, am from eastern Iowa and the snow was beautiful when I got up. Truly a Hallmark moment. Merry Christmas to you and your family
You are right! It is beautiful. Sitting in front of the window sewing and watching those beautiful flakes (lots of them) coming down. Don't know how much we got but had to go move my car so the parking lot could be cleaned and it was to the top of my boots. It really made it seem like Christmas. Hope you had a good one and have a healthy and prosperous NEW YEAR. Marge
Hello, Marge, Edie here from St. Paul, Mn. There has been talk going on here about a terrible storm coming on New Year's Eve. Just thought I would tell you that we have relatives in the Amana Colonies and have been to Marengo many times. Sweet little town. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:14 PM

North Alabama residents, Huntsville area, had a nice surprise this Christmas morning. Snow falling and all the trees were picture perfect. Made our Christmas Day extra special because we rarely get any snow. About 1 to 2 inches but no road problems because stayed right above freezing all day however going to go lower tonight so tomorrow traffic may have problems early.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:46 PM

The beauty of the snow came second to the beautiful new GGD that arrived 10:58 Dec. 24. 5lbs 5.7 oz. and looks just like her Mom. Merry Chistmas to all and A Very Happy New Year!!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by WalMartGranny
The beauty of the snow came second to the beautiful new GGD that arrived 10:58 Dec. 24. 5lbs 5.7 oz. and looks just like her Mom. Merry Chistmas to all and A Very Happy New Year!!
Merry Christmas to you - and congratulations on a new GGD!! I bet she is beautiful :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 12-26-2010, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by Marge L.
Originally Posted by Maiziedo
I, too, am from eastern Iowa and the snow was beautiful when I got up. Truly a Hallmark moment. Merry Christmas to you and your family
You are right! It is beautiful. Sitting in front of the window sewing and watching those beautiful flakes (lots of them) coming down. Don't know how much we got but had to go move my car so the parking lot could be cleaned and it was to the top of my boots. It really made it seem like Christmas. Hope you had a good one and have a healthy and prosperous NEW YEAR. Marge
Hello, Marge, Edie here from St. Paul, Mn. There has been talk going on here about a terrible storm coming on New Year's Eve. Just thought I would tell you that we have relatives in the Amana Colonies and have been to Marengo many times. Sweet little town. Merry Christmas.

Hi, Edie. Wouldn't call it terrible by my standards, but it was nothing according to what you've been having. I'm too old to enjoy it. At this time of my life I enjoy it most looking at it from the inside out. LOL I know a few people in the colonies. Perhaps your kin is on the list.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by bkb
WAITING FOR OUR SNOW!
You can have some of hours!!!! :lol:
Old 12-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

I love the first fall of snow. So clean and white.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:31 PM

We moved to Fl. to get away from the snow. Like seeing pictures now.