Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

Love your animal stories....we have 5 dogs and wouldn't do without having a dog ever...

These babies are my "grand-doggies"! I love them so much and as a good grandma, spoil them rotten! They all belong to my DD & DSIL. Of course you all know Cruiser (3 yrs old)- he's my avatar. Then there's the two min pins...Sasha (6 years old)& Belle (5 years old) . Last but not least is Sapphire (11 years old)... the Chihuahua/Pom mix. I call her my Honey Bunny! Sapphire is very shy and doesn't like the camera, so it's difficult to get her picture. But, Cruiser, Sasha & Belle are the "hams"! All of them were rescued. Isn't that wonderful?!

Cruiser ready to trick or treat
    Name:  Attachment-176184.jpe
Views: 225
Size:  65.8 KB

Sasha (on left) & Belle (on right)
    Name:  Attachment-176185.jpe
Views: 228
Size:  48.6 KB

Little Sapphire - My Honey Bunny
    Name:  Attachment-176186.jpe
Views: 158
Size:  29.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weasier22
    our wonderful Harley. He's in dog heaven for the last two years & I miss him dearly.

We haven't gotten another dog yet. Maybe there will come a day when I can have another...miss Harley too much.
    I sure know what you mean! To my memory, we had more than one dog and when one passed away there was always another to comfort me.

When I worked for my veterinarian father I met a few people that would say "this is the last one, I can't go through this anymore." (Though most did go on to get another.) I couldn't understand how they could live without all the pleasure having a dog gives. That is, until Buddy passed away. There was no other dog to turn to, and this was the first time, that I can recall, that I knew we had a sick dog. (He had a heart problem.) After he died, I suddenly understood what those people were talking about. I couldn't deal with the grief and just closed off my heart. When my sister came home from school she insisted we needed another. Even after nearly nine months from Buddy's passing, when Dawn located another Doberman and we brought her home, I was still aloof. On the ride back my Mom insisted I got to name her. It took a few months, but Mahana finally won me over, and my first post gives you "the rest of the story."

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    our wonderful Harley. He's in dog heaven for the last two years & I miss him dearly.

We haven't gotten another dog yet. Maybe there will come a day when I can have another...miss Harley too much.
    I sure know what you mean! To my memory, we had more than one dog and when one passed away there was always another to comfort me.

When I worked for my veterinarian father I met a few people that would say "this is the last one, I can't go through this anymore." (Though most did go on to get another.) I couldn't understand how they could live without all the pleasure having a dog gives. That is, until Buddy passed away. There was no other dog to turn to, and this was the first time, that I can recall, that I knew we had a sick dog. (He had a heart problem.) After he died, I suddenly understood what those people were talking about. I couldn't deal with the grief and just closed off my heart. When my sister came home from school she insisted we needed another. Even after nearly nine months from Buddy's passing, when Dawn located another Doberman and we brought her home, I was still aloof. On the ride back my Mom insisted I got to name her. It took a few months, but Mahana finally won me over, and my first post gives you "the rest of the story."
    Thank you for your kind words. Of course you realize I'm trying to see the computer screen through my tears. I grew up with so many animals. I was born in Queen Village, NY and when I was 5 1/2 we moved upstate and lived on 28 acres in the country. We had a wonderful life..my sister, brother & myself. Always had dogs and cats...cows...pigs...chickens. We all loved animals. My children were raised with animals and they love them too. My daughter, who works at a vetinary hospital, is so good with animals...she loves them! But I have to say that Harley was absolutely the best dog we have ever had. You know the old saying "save the best for last"...well he was. My husband is disabled and Harley would be at his side. He was so good with my husband & vise versa. They both gave each other a lot of lovin'! My heart still aches. I do hope that I can have another dog...in fact there was an ad in the paper today to adopt an bull mastiff female. It's tempting. I just want to be sure that I'm ready to have another...I want to be able to give the love the animal deserves. Thank you again. I think this post is wonderful ...wonderful people and wonderful "friends".

Blog Entries
    These babies are my "grand-doggies"! I love them so much and as a good grandma, spoil them rotten! They all belong to my DD & DSIL. Of course you all know Cruiser (3 yrs old)- he's my avatar. Then there's the two min pins...Sasha (6 years old)& Belle (5 years old) . Last but not least is Sapphire (11 years old)... the Chihuahua/Pom mix. I call her my Honey Bunny! Sapphire is very shy and doesn't like the camera, so it's difficult to get her picture. But, Cruiser, Sasha & Belle are the "hams"! All of them were rescued. Isn't that wonderful?!
    It is wonderful! I don't blame you at all for spoiling them!

Blog Entries
    ...in fact there was an ad in the paper today to adopt an bull mastiff female. It's tempting. I just want to be sure that I'm ready to have another...I want to be able to give the love the animal deserves. Thank you again. I think this post is wonderful ...wonderful people and wonderful "friends".
    I urge you to check her out. There will never be a replacement for the ones that pass, but then, no one will be able to replace the new one too. In their own way, each one was perfect for me. My heart still aches for Penny, Mahana and Stormy, yet I know they wouldn't want me to be so sad because of them. To them, their very existence seemed to be for me and my sister. (And Dad.) I thought our "family" was perfect with them, and want them back so bad, but now I'd want Emily too!

<<<<<>>>>>>

Blog Entries
    This isn't the best picture I have of her but the only one on my computer to share. Her name was Katie and we lost her on July 14, 09, ten days after her 12th b'day (we didn't really know the exact day but the vet said she was probably born the first 2 weeks in July.) I remember thinking the day she passed that we were just singing Happy B'day to her, she was healthy and moved like a puppy. It was very sudden, on Sunday she became ill. I took her to the vet Monday morning and she 'appeared' fine to the vet, well not fine but nothing serious. The next day she was gone. She was our love. She played a huge role that she took on herself (I always called her mama's helper) in training our dobie (on left in my avatar) in many different ways. Our dogs are not allowed on furniture and when the dobie was a puppy she jumped on the couch when I was in a different room. Katie made it clear that this wasn't allowed before I even got in the room and it never happened again.

About 2 weeks after Katie passed I said her name and the dobie was sleeping. She got up and went running around to find Katie. I felt so bad for her.

I found Katie, someone left her tied up at the vet I was working at. She was easy to train and learned fast. She loved fetch and playing hide & seek with her toys. Even people that weren't 'dog people' couldn't resist her charms.

In the picture she is covered with her 'love blankie' a quilt I made for her, even hand quilted it for her.

Katie
    Name:  Attachment-177605.jpe
Views: 152
Size:  49.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    In the picture she is covered with her 'love blankie' a quilt I made for her, even hand quilted it for her.
    Look at that sweet face! She sounds like a treasure. So sorry she's gone. I would have loved to meet her.

Dog lover here-her name is Britta and she was a rescue at 2yrs old and now is my best buddy, thinks she's human too. My last German Shepard lived to 14yrs old so I hope she will last that long to. Moosegirl

Brita with toy
    Name:  Attachment-177866.jpe
Views: 153
Size:  43.6 KB

Brita with another rescue dog
    Name:  Attachment-177867.jpe
Views: 202
Size:  92.2 KB

Brita naptime
    Name:  Attachment-177868.jpe
Views: 155
Size:  61.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moosegirl
    Dog lover here-her name is Britta and she was a rescue at 2yrs old and now is my best buddy, thinks she's human too. My last German Shepard lived to 14yrs old so I hope she will last that long to. Moosegirl
    She looks so cute with her stuffed toys. Does she like to carry them around? I hope she'll live 14 years too!

As requested here is a picture of Millie (my avatar) she is a fox/lakeland X terrier who is now 7 yrs this is just after her first summer haircut she is normally alot curlier!! she is not your normal terrier as she will run away at the first sign of trouble and is a complete pacifist :D

this is Millie and Charlie cat who is 21 years of age
    Name:  Attachment-182053.jpe
Size:  34.2 KB

ET aka Millie after a bath
    Name:  Attachment-182054.jpe
Size:  65.5 KB

and this is Hazel - who sadly passed away peacefully at home a month ago aged 14 1/2
    Name:  Attachment-182055.jpe
Views: 154
Size:  102.1 KB

and finally Bluey who passed on a couple of years ago at the grand old age of 18
    Name:  Attachment-182056.jpe
Size:  32.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Janedee, your babies are beautiful and it’s easy to see how loved they are. I am so sorry about your loss of Hazel, she was a beauty and looks so sweet in her picture. (((HUGS)))

Celeste, I’m so glad you started this topic. I enjoy seeing everyone’s precious pets and the sweet stories that everyone is sharing.

Blog Entries
    Here is a picture of China close up (on the left in my avatar.) She is the only dog we ever bought as a puppy, others have been rescues. In the picture she is wearing a t-shirt because at the time she had a tumor that the vet thought was cancer but thankfully it wasn’t. He told us to keep a t-shirt on her to protect her from making it worse while we were waiting for the test results.

When my Dad was alive he moved from CT to FL we. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s after he moved here. China immediately loved Dad and wouldn’t leave is side, she knew. She will be 10 on August 7th.

Will share a picture of the Shepherd in my avatar another time.

China
    Name:  Attachment-182082.jpe
Views: 155
Size:  98.2 KB

Moosegirl, my Patches (he came with that appropriate name) loves stuffed toys. I'd love a shark-do you remember where you got it? It's not like he needs it--his "apartment" looks like he should be on Hoarders LOL>

Meet Tobin, our 3 yr old boxer who actually thinks he's a person with fur! He talks a lot like we're supposed to know what he's telling us and loves his bed in front of the fireplace in the winter.

I have two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Bart, who is at least 15 years old and Curly who is 9. They are my shadows, room to room, even if I move from chair to couch, they get up and move with me.
    Bart now needs help getting up the deck steps. It didn't help that someone shot him in the hind quarters in 1998. He was the constant companion of my late boyfriend, who passed away in 2002. Curly is happy if he can find a slipper or shoe to carry around. I took him in one day before he was scheduled to go to the humane society.
    I love my big brown doggies.
    :-D :-D

Barty
    Name:  Attachment-182286.jpe
Views: 157
Size:  60.5 KB

Curly
    Name:  Attachment-182287.jpe
Size:  80.3 KB

Janedee, your babies are beautiful and it’s easy to see how loved they are. I am so sorry about your loss of Hazel, she was a beauty and looks so sweet in her picture. (((HUGS)))

Celeste, I’m so glad you started this topic. I enjoy seeing everyone’s precious pets and the sweet stories that everyone is sharing.
    thank you Scrap Happy - yes Hazel was a beauty very placid and a very loyal companion - still hurts too much to talk about her alot but is getting easier

Blog Entries
    Millie sure is cute! Is it hard to brush her fur? It's hard enough brushing Poodle fur, but I think hers is more ?rough?

It sure is strange to see Millie (dog) and Charlie (cat) so comfortable right next to each other.

Thank you for posting Hazel and Bluey. It's so nice to remember all of our babies. Hugs to you.

Blog Entries
    In the picture she is wearing a t-shirt because at the time she had a tumor that the vet thought was cancer but thankfully it wasn’t. He told us to keep a t-shirt on her to protect her from making it worse while we were waiting for the test results.

When my Dad was alive he moved from CT to FL we. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s after he moved here. China immediately loved Dad and wouldn’t leave is side, she knew. She will be 10 on August 7th.

China sure is beautiful, but then I am just a LITTLE biased towards my breed of choice. I'm always curious how people picked the breed they have. I grew up with Dobermans and can't seem to give 'em up.

How in the world did you get China to keep wearing the tshirt and not rip it off?

I'm so glad your Dad had such a loving and loyal companion with him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila_H
    Meet Tobin, our 3 yr old boxer who actually thinks he's a person with fur! He talks a lot like we're supposed to know what he's telling us and loves his bed in front of the fireplace in the winter.
    Tobin is a handsome dude! I just love that picture of him with his tongue sticking out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascalonious
    I have two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Bart, who is at least 15 years old and Curly who is 9. They are my shadows, room to room, even if I move from chair to couch, they get up and move with me.
    Bart now needs help getting up the deck steps. It didn't help that someone shot him in the hind quarters in 1998. He was the constant companion of my late boyfriend, who passed away in 2002. Curly is happy if he can find a slipper or shoe to carry around. I took him in one day before he was scheduled to go to the humane society.
    I love my big brown doggies.
    :-D :-D
    Pretty babies. Did you ever find out who shot Bart? If it was not accidental, there are times that I'd just love to forget about Law and Order and give them a taste of their own medicine!

her name is Sophie and she is part lab and part blk/tan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Gaddis
    She sure is cute! She looks two different colors in the two pictures. I assume that is the lighting? Can you tell me what is a blk/tan?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Gaddis
    She sure is cute! She looks two different colors in the two pictures. I assume that is the lighting? Can you tell me what is a blk/tan?
    hound

I have enjoyed looking at everyones friends. I wanted to post on everyones photos , but I couldn't help but keep looking, and can't wait for new post.
    I am also a animal lover , the bigger the better, more to love !!
    I got my( our) dog Titus for my son's 15 th birthday , 8-26-03 did you notice I said my dog , any mother knows if you get a child a pet you had better like it too. My son was 15 as I said , well trucks , girls and 4 wheelers were more on his mind I think , plus he knew that Mom would make sure that every one got feed so that is how , Titus became my dog I guess.
    Well Titus has become a house dog after a couple of years of living outside. All the kids are grown and moved into their own homes, Titus stayed with me , my son has said a couple of times he would like Titus to come live with him , but with his work he wouldn't be able to spend much time with him, so he said he is better staying with you Mom. I was sure glad of that. I can't imagine life with out him. Titus is a yellow lab / Husky mix, we got him when he was 9 weeks old. He has been the best friend I have ever had, he loves to go to the lake , go for rides, hiking, watchig me garden, cook, sew, he sleeps beside my bed every night, were ever Iam in the house he is not far away. My husband said to our friends one day it doesn't matter were she goes in the house that dog will be right with her, he will wait outside the bathroom door for her , and when Marie goes to town and leaves Titus in the house he will lay by the back door waiting on her , he said that when I am coming down the road he will start to bark to let me know she is home ,,,, What a loyal friend he is .
    I also have granddogs , Debo is a boxer , Annabell is a ch/ min pin their Mom is my middle daughter , Emma is a Ch./ jack russell her Mom is my oldest daughter, my son still has Titus her at home with Mom.

Titus with his babies in the spare bedroom
    Name:  Attachment-184067.jpe
Size:  39.3 KB

Titus smiling for the camera
    Name:  Attachment-184068.jpe
Size:  17.5 KB

Debo wanting to get out of the boat
    Name:  Attachment-184069.jpe
Views: 147
Size:  38.6 KB

Emma and Grandma napping one day !
    Name:  Attachment-184075.jpe
Views: 207
Size:  69.2 KB

Annabell with her sweater/ harness Grandma made her !
    Name:  Attachment-184079.jpe
Views: 154
Size:  63.8 KB

Titus watching Mom get dinner , he is so well behaved he waits by the door .
    Name:  Attachment-184081.jpe
Views: 215
Size:  39.2 KB

Titus's quilted pillow
    Name:  Attachment-184082.jpe
Views: 215
Size:  42.4 KB

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast