Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

I have had many dogs over the years, but currently we have 3 doggies.

Harley is a 13 year old Papillon, adopted from a rescue group, my first Papillon, my second best friend (DH is my human besty) and Mr. Bionic Dog. He has had several close calls with paralysis due to a degenerative spine disease, but he's still truckin'. I love him more than its sensible to love a dog. My husband knew if Harley didn't like him, he didn't stand a chance...and now Harley loves him like family.

Harley today
    [img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1974225_n.jpg[/img]

Harley in years past:
    [img]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8188124_n.jpg[/img]

He was a great agility dog when he was young!
    [img]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5331697_n.jpg[/img]

Swiffer is also a Papillon: after Harley I became involved in Papillon rescue and shes a "foster failure" who I have had since she was a pup. Shes a sweetie, but very different than Harley-boy. She adopted my DH as A-No.-1-Sucker from Day 1 and has him wrapped around her little paw.

[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5396492_n.jpg[/img]

as a puppy being mean to her brother

[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7625584_n.jpg[/img]

shes a bit of a chunk, because shes good at convincing Dad she needs some of whatever he eats!

[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4858734_n.jpg[/img]

Last but not least is Argos: hes a 11 month old Border Collie puppy. Hes the bane of Swiffers exisitence, but hes a real cuddly sweet boy. I hope he grows up to be a good agility dog.

Hes in my avatar enjoying the snow.

when we brought him home at 4 months:
    [img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4618404_n.jpg[/img]

last month (I "frosted" the window because he kept barking atthe squirrels...he doesn't understand what happened to his "squirrel TeeVee").

[img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2171269_n.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    The Black Long-hair Chihuahua is Bear - we got him when he was a year old. What is so funny is he was born the day we bought our house May 16, 2000 and 1 year later we got him) We call him Little Man.

The Cream Short-Hair Chihuahua is Brandy Girl - she had one puppy and had to have an emergency C-section and the puppy only lived 10 days. We had her fixed after that and she is like a true female, get fixed and get fluffy (fat). We call her Football on Legs.

The Blue Fawn (tan) Short-hair Chihuahuah is Baby Girl - we got her when she was 6 weeks old and she weighed less than 1 pound. She got stung by a bee when she was 6 months old and when she was trying to get away from it she dislocated her hip and had to have surgery. The vet said I was to keep her quite and not let her run around for 6 weeks - yeah right she is a puppy with 2 other dogs at home. I put her in a crate and the other 2 always ended up in there with her, but they did stay quiet and still, they just had to be near her. We call her the Little Princess.

The second pic is our rescue dog, A Long-hair female Chihuahuah- we got her from some friends that live 4 hours away from us, they found her on a busy highway and she was so scared and skinny, they nursed her back to good health and took her to the vet about 5 times and got all her shots and then gave her to us. They called her Teenie, but with all the others having names that start with B we changed her name to Bitsey.

Bear, Brandy and Baby Girl
    Name:  Attachment-184084.jpe
Views: 143
Size:  41.9 KB

Bitsey
    Name:  Attachment-184085.jpe
Views: 144
Size:  10.9 KB

community benefactor Merlin's Mama's Avatar
    Hello, my name is Barb, and I have just went through 17 pages of wonderful pictures and stories. I have a Westie, he is 8 yrs. old and his name is Merlin. I have a waiting list of people who want to babysit Merlin when we go out of town. One discription of a westie fits Merlin perfectly. They have the personality of a puppy for life. He is always ready to play. Wants to be friends with everyone. Thank goodness he does not know how to jump as you will see in the pictures I will post.

Do you have a hat for me?
    Name:  Attachment-184315.jpe
Views: 141
Size:  73.1 KB

Merlin with grandma. Called him a traitor.
    Name:  Attachment-184316.jpe
Views: 141
Size:  63.1 KB

Do you see anything?
    Name:  Attachment-184317.jpe
Views: 145
Size:  88.1 KB

Casey Sue, cocker spaniel is a rescue from the Houston Humane Society when she was 8 months. She is now 13 and a full blown brat. When the BF moved in she totally became his so I now call her the "traitor". She dotes on his every move and when he sits she sits on his feet. She only acknowledges me for dinner and treat time!

Celeste thank you for asking me to post - love seeing everyones "babies"!

Ninnie, he is gorgeous and huge! Made me laugh, I have not even gotten on the board yet, just enjoying seeing all the fur babies, what a wonderful change of pace for today!

At Celeste's request, I'm posting my avatar. These two are always together and always doing something crazy. Labs are such clowns!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    I LOVE looking at all of the fur babies....they are all so cute....These are some of mine....The second is my son's cat, Star~~she's a blue Marble Bengal. The first is my baby, Dexter, a 1 year old chihuahua
    Your sons cat has a look on her face that's saying (as if!!) LOL

Can't resist. I am posting a few pictures of my son's "boppie". She is a pit bull and loves people. People are leary of her until they see she is just a ham. He recieved her by babysitting and the owners never coming back for her. He called them several times and they never showed. She is animal aggressive so when they come for a visit we have to keep Merlin and her seperate. Merlin just does not understand that he would be a snack!!

never mind the dreads they are gone, Thank goodness.
    Name:  Attachment-184522.jpe
Size:  113.7 KB

Boppie at attention.
    Name:  Attachment-184523.jpe
Size:  96.3 KB

Boppie just chilln'
    Name:  Attachment-184524.jpe
Views: 145
Size:  52.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascalonious
    I have two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Bart, who is at least 15 years old and Curly who is 9. They are my shadows, room to room, even if I move from chair to couch, they get up and move with me.
    Bart now needs help getting up the deck steps. It didn't help that someone shot him in the hind quarters in 1998. He was the constant companion of my late boyfriend, who passed away in 2002. Curly is happy if he can find a slipper or shoe to carry around. I took him in one day before he was scheduled to go to the humane society.
    I love my big brown doggies.
    :-D :-D
    Pretty babies. Did you ever find out who shot Bart? If it was not accidental, there are times that I'd just love to forget about Law and Order and give them a taste of their own medicine!
    Bart was out on the deck with Charlie, who dozed off, Bart uncharacteriscally wandered off, and it was during deer hunting season. It was probably a neighbor, but I'll never know. Bart crawled up the driveway 17 days later, after we thought we'd never see him again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    In the picture she is wearing a t-shirt because at the time she had a tumor that the vet thought was cancer but thankfully it wasn’t. He told us to keep a t-shirt on her to protect her from making it worse while we were waiting for the test results.

When my Dad was alive he moved from CT to FL we. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s after he moved here. China immediately loved Dad and wouldn’t leave is side, she knew. She will be 10 on August 7th.
    China sure is beautiful, but then I am just a LITTLE biased towards my breed of choice. I'm always curious how people picked the breed they have. I grew up with Dobermans and can't seem to give 'em up.

How in the world did you get China to keep wearing the tshirt and not rip it off?

I'm so glad your Dad had such a loving and loyal companion with him.
    Hi Celeste, glad you like China’s picture and appreciate her loyalty to my Dad. Even when Dad jumped into the shower she would sit outside watching the door until he came out.

She doesn’t try to chew her shirt off because we keep it just tight enough that she can’t but not too tight for her. She figured out that if she walks under a table back & forth for a while that she can un-tie the knot (even double knotted.) but it takes her a long time to do this and we just kept an eye on her. When it's cold we put sweat shirts on her. She is a southern bell and likes the heat. LOL! Actually she has hypothyroidism (not sure how to spell) and is on medication but she is sensitive to cold weather and would love to sit in the sun on a hot, humid summer day if we let her.

I have always loved animals but had strong doubts about dobies because their reputation preceded them. When I met DH he had one. I wouldn’t look at the dog, pet him or acknowledge him in any way and this went on for a long time. If he sat in front of me while I was seated I would turn away from him. One day he came over and put his sweet face on my lap and looked at me with those big brown eyes and I fell in love. After that I enjoyed him following me around and have loved Dobie’s ever since.

Thanks again for starting this thread. It is so nice to see everyone's beautiful and precious fur babies :) :thumbup:

OK that last picture is freekin adorable! I <3 Merlin!

Quote Originally Posted by rushdoggie
    OK that last picture is freekin adorable! I <3 Merlin!
    Thank you. I am pretty sure Merlin knows he is adorable and uses it to his advantage. lol

When I have more time I will have to tell you all a Merlin story. Right now have to go back to work, Yuk!!

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    Okay so here are a couple of pics of Rocco the wonder dog who is my current avatar after he is grown up. So smart and he really feels just like a lamb.

right after a haircut and babysitting his favorite baby, my grandson Jorgie
    Name:  Attachment-185844.jpe
Views: 131
Size:  54.6 KB

At Christmas
    Name:  Attachment-185846.jpe
Views: 130
Size:  78.3 KB

still quite cold because of his short haircut
    Name:  Attachment-185850.jpe
Views: 132
Size:  49.2 KB

asleep with the very first quilt I ever made
    Name:  Attachment-185851.jpe
Views: 135
Size:  80.6 KB

The camping trip he hated so much he would not even take a treat fom me for four days and refused to get in bed with me for 6 days.
    Name:  Attachment-185852.jpe
Size:  75.0 KB

I'm with Rocco-if you made me go camping I wouldn't sleep with you either. Roughing it? Not this city gal! He's too cute curled up in his quilt.

What would we do without these "kids"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy
    Okay so here are a couple of pics of Rocco the wonder dog who is my current avatar after he is grown up. So smart and he really feels just like a lamb.
    Katy, Rocco is just too cute and a natural model. He’s very photogenic. Every picture is just too cute.

Blog Entries
    Okay I'll join in. First pic is of my 2 cats - Caesar is the long haired Siamese mix. I've had him since he was a scrawny little kitten. He is now over 15 yrs old, cranky, needy, whiney, clingy, obnoxiously vocal, but I love him dearly despite all this LOL. Callie is the gray tabby. She is 12 yrs old. She was a very sweet & affectionate 1 yr old when I chose her at the Feline Rescue. Once home, she proceeded to be the most skittish, standoffish little ***** for the next 5-6 years. It has only been about the last 5 years that she has decided that we are ok afterall & now I can't sit down without her jumping up in my lap. And she has the strangest routine with my DH. Poor guy...I think she has the hots for him! :shock:

Second pic is my horse, Dusty. He is a Buckskin Paint. I've owned him about 12 years now. He is definitely a senior citizen at 28 yrs. I keep him at a friend's Thoroughbred farm, so he is living the good life. He doesn't get ridden much anymore, just walk & trot with my friend's grandkids. Or sometimes I hop on bareback & we meander around the farm. His "job" on the farm is to be in with the weanlings & yearlings, playing "grandpa" & helping them learn how to be good horses.

Caesar & Callie
    Name:  Attachment-185925.jpe
Size:  51.6 KB

Dusty
    Name:  Attachment-185926.jpe
Views: 134
Size:  6.9 KB

All of these picures and stories are just awesome. Everyone has their own personality. Have to say I am a city girl also. During a camping trip I went home to check on pet and never came back. I still get teased by our friends wondering if I am still cheking on pet and that happened 20 yrs ago!! lol

Oh sheesh this thread is cute overload!

My Love Buggy
    Name:  Attachment-186136.jpe
Views: 133
Size:  70.9 KB

Max and Penut
    Name:  Attachment-186137.jpe
Views: 132
Size:  38.8 KB

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    Well as you can see from his perch in the chair Rocco did not like the great outdoors. He got dozens of foxtails lodged in his fur and had to be shaved which further angered him. What was funny was he held me responsible. He would take treats from my husband but not me. And when he did come back to bed with us he slept with his back to us for days. What a spoiled little boy he is!!

Blog Entries
    mhuskins1- Titus is beautiful. I'm so glad he got to come in! Those big dogs can make good bed warmers, don't they? I'm glad that it worked out he's yours now.

Your grandpups are cute. I especially like the one of Debo.

P.S. What's up with your avatar?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rushdoggie
    I have had many dogs over the years,
    Have your other dogs been little fluffies like Harley and Swiffer? Argos is such a different size.

Looks like you had fun with Harley and agility and Dad is having fun with Swiffer.

Poor Argos looks so puzzled with the frosted glass. When will you start training with him for the agility? I like to watch it on tv, and will look forward to seeing you two there. Keep us posted, please. On this topic would be great.

Blog Entries
    dpparris You like the teeny tiny ones, don't you? I'd be afraid of stepping on them. Have you seen the youtube videos with Ramsey and Pablo? Ramsey is a Doberman and Pablo is a chi. Pablo is without question the head if the two. Here's the last one I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM20J...&feature=feedu

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast