Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

I want to spoil all your beautiful pets. Here's my pup, Bones. He's 11 years old and a miniature dachshund. He's rotten to the core.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    How adorable Bones is! What a sweet & beautiful little face.
    I love seeing pictures of everyone’s precious fur babies.

community benefactor Merlin's Mama's Avatar
    Bones is so cute. Reminds me of my sisters little Holly. I think every pet should be spoiled because they give unconditional love.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    I want to spoil all your beautiful pets.

Here's my pup, Bones. He's 11 years old and a miniature dachshund. He's rotten to the core.
    He's so cute! Those eyes would be so hard to turn down!

I think our pets spoil us just by loving us.

Here are Trooper and Keegan. Both rescues. Troop is a Lab- Big Dog mix (Who knows which big dog) He is over 100 pounds. The white one is Keegan, she is a Bull Terrier mix, and the funniest dog I have ever owned.

The last picture is my beautiful Britta. She is gone since May of 2009. I got her through the seeing eyes program. They brought her in to be a breeder, but she had arthritis in her elbow so they souldn't user her- so I got a fantastic dog.

Troop as a puppy
    Name:  Attachment-190058.jpe
Views: 190
Size:  50.4 KB

100 pounds of fun
    Name:  Attachment-190059.jpe
Views: 187
Size:  53.3 KB

Keegan
    Name:  Attachment-190061.jpe
Views: 181
Size:  35.7 KB

Beautiful Britta
    Name:  Attachment-190062.jpe
Views: 184
Size:  24.6 KB

I loved seeing everyone's furry families. In my family we have an Egyptian Mau cat named Harley. He will be 2 years old in June. We just got a puppy a month ago. Her name is Sasha and she is a doberman, lab, pitbull mix. She will be 5 months old on May 4. She sure is a hand full. After a month I think Harley and Sasha finally like each other.

Harley
    Name:  Attachment-190069.jpe
Views: 180
Size:  36.4 KB

Sasha
    Name:  Attachment-190071.jpe
Views: 183
Size:  39.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    Here are Trooper and Keegan. Both rescues. Troop is a Lab- Big Dog mix (Who knows which big dog) He is over 100 pounds. The white one is Keegan, she is a Bull Terrier mix, and the funniest dog I have ever owned.

The last picture is my beautiful Britta. She is gone since May of 2009. I got her through the seeing eyes program. They brought her in to be a breeder, but she had arthritis in her elbow so they couldn't user her- so I got a fantastic dog.
    You have such beautiful babies! Did Troop change colors or is that just the lighting. I love Keegan's face.

I'm glad Britta got to share her love with you instead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinmg
    I loved seeing everyone's furry families. In my family we have an Egyptian Mau cat named Harley. He will be 2 years old in June. We just got a puppy a month ago. Her name is Sasha and she is a doberman, lab, pitbull mix. She will be 5 months old on May 4. She sure is a hand full. After a month I think Harley and Sasha finally like each other.
    How did you choose Harley's breed?
    Sasha sounds like a handfull. I don't want to wish her life away, but I can't wait to see her all grown up. Also, is her color Red from the Doberman, or chocolate from the lab.

Emily's fine with red unless she's with my mom and wants to kiss up to her, then she insists she's a chocolate color.

We got Harley from our daughter who got her cats from a friend. Through research and consulting with the vet we determined that he is indeed an Egyptain Mau. If you look closely you can see that he has spots on his back instead of stripes. When he sits the spots connect into stripes. He also has a black strip down his back that when he gets scared and puffed up looks like a mohawk.

Sasha is indeed a handful. She is a very loving dog who can't decide if she's a lap dog or a cat. It's funny to watch her trying to do some of the things the cat does. We thought she was chocolate until we saw the picture of your Emily. She looks amazing a lot like her, so I guess we will call her a "red chocolate". How's that for a compromise?

The last picture is my beautiful Britta. She is gone since May of 2009. I got her through the seeing eyes program. They brought her in to be a breeder, but she had arthritis in her elbow so they souldn't user her- so I got a fantastic dog.
    So sorry you lost your Britta, my german shepard is a rescue dog also name Britta and she is a wonderful dog she replaced our last shepard of 14 yrs named Sassy. Moosegirl

Britta
    Name:  Attachment-190237.jpe
Views: 190
Size:  43.8 KB

Britta w/ toy
    Name:  Attachment-190238.jpe
Views: 181
Size:  43.6 KB

@ Celeste... Trooper is still Black--- It is just the lighting difference between the pics.

Both Trooper and Keegan are at doggy day care today. I check in on them via WebCam. Since they are both quite young - it is a good thing for them to do a couple of times a week. They come home tired and happy.

@ moosegirl... I really loved my German Shepherd. They are just great dogs.

Some day I will have another...

By special request, Cool Mr. Bones...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moosegirl
    So sorry you lost your Britta, my german shepard is a rescue dog also name Britta and she is a wonderful dog she replaced our last shepard of 14 yrs named Sassy. Moosegirl
    Britta is beautiful!! The shepherd in my avatar is named Sassy. She was a rescue too. I still have to post her picture here.

I am so enjoying the pictures of everyone's fur babies!!! I appreciate everyone taking the time to 'show off their cutie pies.' :-P

Blog Entries
    This isn’t the best picture of her but the best one on my computer. Her name is Sassy, she’s is the German Shepherd on right in my avatar. My Dad got her from a lady who didn’t want her anymore when she was 2 ½ years old. After that Dad became ill. I told Dad that if anything happened to him that Sassy had a home with us – but never really thought that time would come. She had horrible manners and had not been properly socialized when Dad got her. He worked with her some before he wasn’t able to. She didn’t like other dogs and we had 2 (she loved cats.) Before bringing her into our home I had to be sure she wouldn’t hurt our other girls (China in my avatar and Katie who is gone now.) Sassy had shown aggression towards Katie who was a lot smaller. She didn’t bite her but it was scary. I wasn’t going to endanger Katie’s or China’s safety or life. But what was I going to do? I made a promise to my Dad. I also believed with all my heart that Sassy deserved a good life, a better one than how hers had started out. She had been abused.

So after what seemed to be 1000’s of e-mails and phone calls to vets, trainers and rescue groups I finally reached a man who breeds German Shepherds and specializes in difficult dog behaviors (even dogs who have bitten – Sassy had never bitten.) DH & I met with this trainer who lived a couple hours north of us. We brought Katie too at his request so he could observe them interacting together. The 3 of us watched and stayed close. He said that there was nothing wrong with Sassy and that she just needed to understand what the rules were. We never, ever left her alone with our other dogs. It was not easy at first. In time all of our girls came to love, play and sleep together. This was HUGE progress for Sassy!! I knew she could do it :-P

One trainer told me she was too damaged and would never fit into any home and I should just put her down. Balderdash!!! I believe in 2nd chances.

Part of Sassy’s rehab was to get her used to new people coming & going in her home. So we had friends come over (warned ahead of time of her odd behavior – she wouldn’t stop barking then run up to people and then run away, over & over & over again!!) In time she has come to love having company, even other dogs who visit (our doors are open to our friend’s pets whenever they come over.) She will be 12 in May and is a blessing to us.

Blog Entries
    How adorable and cool he looks with his sun glasses.

When I first posted pictures of my Bailey dog, he was 19 weeks old. He is now 6 months old and a quilt inspector, & as you can see, very comfortable at his job. :lol:

We are still trying to find a toy he can't destroy! :shock: Went through the Kong toys. Now we are trying Nylabones. Any suggestions? Doing pretty well with the Nylabones, but would like to find some more. My sewing machine keeps busy sewing up his "babies". I pull the stuffing out, and sew them back up until the next time... hehe

Bailey at 19 weeks
    Name:  Attachment-190623.jpe
Views: 267
Size:  54.3 KB

Bailey at 6 mos.
    Name:  Attachment-190624.jpe
Views: 279
Size:  68.3 KB

When I first posted pictures of my Bailey dog, he was 19 weeks old. He is now 6 months old and a quilt inspector, & as you can see, very comfortable at his job. :lol:

We are still trying to find a toy he can't destroy! :shock: Went through the Kong toys. Now we are trying Nylabones. Any suggestions? Doing pretty well with the Nylabones, but would like to find some more. My sewing machine keeps busy sewing up his "babies". I pull the stuffing out, and sew them back up until the next time... hehe

Bailey at 19 weeks
    Name:  Attachment-190625.jpe
Views: 257
Size:  54.3 KB

Bailey at 6 mos.
    Name:  Attachment-190626.jpe
Views: 177
Size:  68.3 KB

I am SO sorry for the double post. Having ISP problems. Thanks goodness we go from DSL to cable tomorrow. Maybe things will pick up. My puter is SO slow!! And then it didn't tell me I posted. I HATE when that happens! :oops:

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess I have to add mine 4 legs! lol

The first few pics are of my beloved/ missed Ransom. He died the day before Thanksgiving in '09. I found him dumped down the road and he had been very abused, never had the stitces removed from being neutered, and horribly infected/ oozing ears. He was the best dog that has ever owned me :) and we were fortunate that he stayed with us for 6 years. I miss him very much :(

Also, is Mr. Higgins aka Higgs/ Puppy/ chicky-nugget/ etc, my 14 y.o. Parsons Jack Russell Terrier. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old and he is my forever love.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinmg
    We thought she was chocolate until we saw the picture of your Emily. She looks amazing a lot like her, so I guess we will call her a "red chocolate". How's that for a compromise?
    Emily is quite tickled with that! She can still "reflect her heritage", AND (hopefully) charm my Mom!

Blog Entries
    Both Trooper and Keegan are at doggy day care today. I check in on them via WebCam. Since they are both quite young - it is a good thing for them to do a couple of times a week. They come home tired and happy.
    Oooh, how fun for them and for you! That would be a kick to watch.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Chele! It's too cute to miss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    Her name is Sassy, she’s is the German Shepherd on right in my avatar. My Dad got her from a lady who didn’t want her anymore when she was 2 ½ years old. After that Dad became ill. I told Dad that if anything happened to him that Sassy had a home with us – but never really thought that time would come.
    I'm so glad Sassy had another loving home to come to, despite the trouble she put you through. I am sad about your dad, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mypatookis
    . . . a quilt inspector, & as you can see, very comfortable at his job. :lol:

He sure does a good job inspecting. Modeling seems to be in his future too!

Toys! Argh! While still living at home we had a Dobie named Buddy, and he loved the kong toy! We had to eventually get the biggest size because he managed to tear the top two - how do I describe it - half circles off the top. He liked to shake it with his whole body while holding it in his mouth and "pop" it by squeezing in with his jaws. (That's the sound it made.) I felt good knowing that I had a good toy to count on for the future Dobermans. Nope - - didn't work out that way.

Penny liked the nylabones and others like that. Not so with Mahana and Emily. They didn't care for those things and preferred to destuff all the toys we got for Stormy. The only thing Emily seems to like are the rolled rawhide. I can't get her to even take in her mouth the nylabones with a supposed taste in it. Well - one time I did, but it turned out it was edible and a nine dollar toy was gone in less than five minutes!

Fetch is/was not in our girl's vocabulary. We'd try to get them all excited over something and throw it. They just watched it's trajectory and saw where it landed. Once a family friend threw something and they took off. We were amazed but saw that, as he explained, they just wanted to see what it was-- they never brought it back.
    I'll be looking to see what ideas the others have.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast