Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

These are some of our furry friends over the years. The first two are of 'Walter' our Old English Sheepdog from the 1970's. He was a big bundle of fur with a tongue too long for his mouth!

The next picture is Archie, my daughter's King Charles Cavelier Spaniel. I don't think I've ever seen a dog with more personality than Archie. He provides hours and hours of entertainment, especially when he 's barking at critters he sees on TV.

Last is our last dog, Murphy, our Leonburger. He's been gone for about 7 years, but we still miss him terribly. And, yes, he does have his paws on the kitchen counter - he's looking out the kitchen window at a bird on the feeder! He was a big wuss, but his bark was something to behold.

Archie
    Name:  Attachment-205231.jpe
Views: 162
Size:  14.7 KB

Murphy
    Name:  Attachment-205232.jpe
Views: 165
Size:  54.9 KB

Murphy
    Name:  Attachment-205233.jpe
Views: 216
Size:  82.1 KB

Don't know why the two photos of Walter didn't download, so let me try again.

Well, doesn't look like this one worked either!

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyandtilly
    She is called Tilly the Model by all our pug friends. :-)
    How do you get her to pose?!? Emily acts like we're gonna beat her if she knows I have the camera ready.
    Tilly will do absolutely anything for a treat. She always acts like she is starving.

Maybe your dog is afraid of the flash? Turn it off or take the photos outside or in bright light indoors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyandtilly
    Maybe your dog is afraid of the flash? Turn it off or take the photos outside or in bright light indoors.
    It happened the first time I pointed it at her! :oops: :lol:

I will try the flash idea, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda B
    These are some of our furry friends over the years. The first two are of 'Walter' our Old English Sheepdog from the 1970's. He was a big bundle of fur with a tongue too long for his mouth!

The next picture is Archie, my daughter's King Charles Cavelier Spaniel. I don't think I've ever seen a dog with more personality than Archie. He provides hours and hours of entertainment, especially when he 's barking at critters he sees on TV.

Last is our last dog, Murphy, our Leonburger. He's been gone for about 7 years, but we still miss him terribly. And, yes, he does have his paws on the kitchen counter - he's looking out the kitchen window at a bird on the feeder! He was a big wuss, but his bark was something to behold.
    It seems like you went from LARGE dogs to small.

I wonder if the pictures are too big? (I don't know what it's called -- pixels?)

Thanks for the pictures and stories.

I agree. We had 2 goldens (Ruby passed 6 weeks ago) and we have a Dyson Animal. Wonderful!!!!

We started off as dog people but now have two dogs and two cats. The original dog was getting older and slowing down, we thought a younger dog would help her. We got a resuce dog from local shelter. She was a 3 month old lab mix. they were friends for a while but the puppy had just to much energy for her. We called the older one "Queenie", she was spoiled but well behaved. The puppy was referred to as "Princess" because she kept trying to overthrow the Queen which just wasn't allowed. The vet told us maybe we should get a "puppy for the puppy". They would tire each other out and leave the Queen alone. So we ended up with a 2nd puppy from another shelter. He quickly became known as the "Court Jester" because he was there for Princess's amusement. Queenie hung around for about a year before she retired at age 17.
    My son's GF had 2 cats when they started dating and she moved in with us for awhile with them. Poor things were already on their 2nd home when she got them and 2 sets of names. They didn't know their names and they were to close to the dogs names so we just referred to them as Girl Cat and Boy Cat. They were here for about three months when the adults broke up, she moved out trying to find a new home for them, but mentioned they would have to go the shelter because no one wanted them. They were family now, so we kept them. The vet cracks up when we bring them in as Boy Cat, Girl Cat, Bailey, and Cody. Boy Cat had a problem with scratching his neck. It was so bad he had a ring of scabs around it, had several infections. After clearing up the infections, the vet removed his nails. He is such an affectionate little thing. Boy Cat is close to my son and Girl Cat is close with to me.
    She sleeps under the covers curled up at my side in the winter and on top of the blankets in the summer.
    Usually all four animals get along. Boy Cat is known to steal the dog's treats if it something he thinks he wants. He walks up to the dogs and butts his head into theirs as if to say, I may be smaller but I can throw my weight around so watch it.

We thought we would have to put Bailey down acouple of times already in her short life. She had parvo at 3 months and it didn't appear they would be able to save her. We made the decision to do it but she rallied around and was home the next day. Last year she was diagnosed with Addisons Disease. She was in a horrible way and we were thinking it just wasn't right to let her suffer, the vet had no idea what was wrong. After the third blood test, they were able to diagnose and treat her. She will be on meds the rest of her life but she is doing well. She apparently wants to go past that 17 mark.
    All four animals just turned six this year.

Bailey and Boy Cat watching the world go by.
    Name:  Attachment-206262.jpe
Views: 162
Size:  35.9 KB

Bailey and one of her babies in her mouth while sleeping.
    Name:  Attachment-206263.jpe
Views: 157
Size:  35.5 KB

Cody, border collie/lab mix
    Name:  Attachment-206264.jpe
Size:  36.9 KB

Boy Cat and Girl Cat cuddling, usually one of them hangs out in the sewing room with me when they hear the machine running.
    Name:  Attachment-206272.jpe
Size:  48.3 KB

Here's my helpers. Moose is my avatar. Mrs. Howl is a therapy cat who like to dress up in her scarves for visits. Bobbo was rescued from a prison. Binky Marie is my shadow and always around when quilting. And, Meemers is in charge of making sure things don't blow away. She does a good job, don't you think? LOL!!

Mrs. Howl
    Name:  Attachment-206265.jpe
Views: 160
Size:  49.2 KB

Binky Marie and Bobbo
    Name:  Attachment-206266.jpe
Views: 222
Size:  58.6 KB

Meemers
    Name:  Attachment-206267.jpe
Views: 164
Size:  43.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I finally got some new pics of my 3 cats.
    Callie was playing with my camera strap.
    Rosie was looking beautiful so i would pet her. she's usually quite skittish of us.
    Sissie likes my basket I use for a trash can. i tend to bring them grass from outside to eat and put what they don't want in that basket. She finds it if possible!

Lady Callie (mamma cat)
    Name:  Attachment-206472.jpe
Views: 159
Size:  94.6 KB

BuddyRose (Rosie)
    Name:  Attachment-206473.jpe
Views: 159
Size:  103.1 KB

SissieMarie (little one)
    Name:  Attachment-206474.jpe
Views: 160
Size:  118.7 KB

these are my current dogs-all rescued-3 of the 4 had been abused or neglected.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are my babies:
    Joey is the red mini dachshund and he's 12 years old.
    Gracie is our rescue, dapple mini dachshund and we think she's around 3-5 years old.

Here are new pictures of Neese. She is about 3 1/2 months old now and staying outside all night by herself. She is becoming a good watch dog. She is not a very big barker. She only barks when she wants the others to play with her or if the situation warrants it. She does not bark at people walking down the street or in the ally like the others. If they seem to be a threat then she will otherwise she does not. I hope she keeps this attitude of barking.

Taken in May
    Name:  Attachment-213622.jpe
Views: 184
Size:  39.3 KB

Neese and Tippi
    Name:  Attachment-213623.jpe
Views: 186
Size:  34.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Hi all!
    What beautiful photos! Each is beautiful and special! Congratulations!
    I would like to introduce my daughter, "Pity," Bracco is a Weimaraner who just turned 9 years and every day we're happy life!
    He came to our house in a special way, as was its owner had for sale. But it has a defect (belly button sticks out), so the discarded despite seeing her father and mother be pure. When time passed and no one "accepted" and gave us was the best gift we have!
    We had at that time a Siberian Husky named Snow 13 years very ill.
    And Pity helped us get through her last days and his departure in a very special
    Since then it has become "spoiled" only child, and the Queen of the house!
    I accompanied three pictures, the last he took a few days ago, another few years ago that is the fairest of her photos and when I was a puppy!
    Hugs to all!

Una foto de hace 2 d*as estrenando colcha
    Name:  Attachment-220500.jpe
Views: 182
Size:  44.2 KB

Hace unos años su más linda foto
    Name:  Attachment-220502.jpe
Views: 185
Size:  49.9 KB

Cuando era cachorrita
    Name:  Attachment-220504.jpe
Views: 184
Size:  55.0 KB

Pity is beautiful and looks so happy on the quilt. My son had a Weimaraner that lived to be 14. No one wanted his dog either since her tail was cropped too long--she wasn't perfect to some people. She was the best dog ever!
    Thanks for sharing your pics of your "baby".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Pity is beautiful and looks so happy on the quilt. My son had a Weimaraner that lived to be 14. No one wanted his dog either since her tail was cropped too long--she wasn't perfect to some people. She was the best dog ever!
    Thanks for sharing your pics of your "baby".
    Hello!
    You're right!
    She is a beautiful gift to us!
    His "imperfection" was our "blessing"!
    Thank you for your words!
    A big hug!

Thanks Celeste for asking me to post my Gremlins on here, I have spent the last hour and a half reading and looking at all the wonderful non human frends on here. Oh my goodness they are all so cute, Lamas, donkeys, birds, horses, dogs and cats, I hope I didn't miss any breeds. I have Long horn cattle, horses, 2 cats, and 4 dogs. I love they all. But now I can't find how to post a pic on this page, HELP!!

Blog Entries
    I have 4 furkids all are cats.

They are:
    Bandie - female gray & white 12 yrs old grumpy old timer
    Kiko - female brown & white (almost) 5 yrs old mean monster
    Nim - female half siamese blue eyes 3 yrs old whiny typical siamese
    Gizmo - male half siamese greyish blue crossed eyed (he has marked "toe pads" right front paw has one black pad, right hind
    paw has two black pads, front left paw has three black pads &
    left hind paw has four black pads.
    I suggested he be named "numbers" but it was vetoed by my husband and daughter (he was their kitten).

Bandie
    Name:  Attachment-250917.jpe
Views: 179
Size:  50.0 KB

Kiko
    Name:  Attachment-250918.jpe
Size:  61.4 KB

Nim (on left) & Gizmo (on right)
    Name:  Attachment-250919.jpe
Views: 191
Size:  47.3 KB

Thanks so much for starting this post! I have read every post and enjoyed each picture. It is so nice to see everyone's lovely fur-babies! We have 4 spoiled shelties. We just lost our lovely sable girl, Sheba, last month and I miss her terribly. She was 13 and had multiple organ failure from an abdominal tumor. We also have 2 cats. Mr. Mao is the terror of the house and takes his job of keeping everyone in line very seriously (BTW, he is NOT allowed on the piano!) Chyna is a lovely cuddle-bug, soft as dandelion fluff. Ocean is my avatar. Thanks for looking.

Sheba, Lizzie, Icy and Ocean
    Name:  Attachment-250944.jpe
Views: 189
Size:  45.6 KB

Magic
    Name:  Attachment-250945.jpe
Views: 197
Size:  106.1 KB

Ocean at the beach
    Name:  Attachment-250946.jpe
Views: 180
Size:  43.9 KB

Torn wallpaper?? What torn wallpaper??
    Name:  Attachment-250948.jpe
Size:  48.7 KB

Chyna - also my quilt supervisor
    Name:  Attachment-250949.jpe
Views: 188
Size:  28.1 KB

Ok I was ask to post my babies on this page.
    We got them in July, 2010. We where on our way northeast
    to look at a tractor my Hubby felt he needed. We stop on our way to look at rott puppies I figured I needed, ;-)
    Well I fell in love, so we ask them to hold 2 of them for us to be picked up the next day, after we went to see the tractor. Gretchen got her name because we went through Gretchen Wilson's home town in Pocahontas, Ill.
    She is wearing the angel hat. Yoda got his name from the jeti master from Star Wars. he is wearing the devil horns.
    Have 4 dogs and 2 cats and LH cattle and Horses.
    Most of my pics are on my pc that is in the shop. I will post more when I get it home. I have an amercian rott Harley who is 12 yrs old and an adopted pitbull cross who is 2yrs old. The german rotties in this pic where 8 mos old then and are 16 mos old now. My Gremlins, gotta love em.

All your Family members are SOOOOO Cute!!
    Here are mine 2 dachshunds......Ratchet is nearly 3 he is a red pie bald and a mess for sure. He loves to have his picture made and he sets up all the time he taught himself. Jazz is a blue & tan....for those that don't know the "blue" are diluted blacks. Jazz will be 5 this year and she is such a boss. Ratchet loves to go walk and Jazz hates to walk she will run and try to hide when I say "lets go walk". Funny puppies they can be.

Ratchet setting pretty
    Name:  Attachment-251557.jpe
Views: 237
Size:  45.7 KB

Ratchet
    Name:  Attachment-251558.jpe
Views: 241
Size:  37.6 KB

Jazz
    Name:  Attachment-251559.jpe
Views: 183
Size:  37.2 KB

couple more of my Gremlins the rotties and their buddy the petbull X Dozer in their special pool.

Quote Originally Posted by cjinvt
    I have a Stella as well, she is an 11 yr old German shepard and the keeper of the flock/pack. I adopted a 2 yr old Great dane named Penny Lane and she is an angel sent to me. She is already a therapy dog and just lightens up the room when she walks in.
    Then I have a paint horse named Skylar and my 2 percherons, Else is the mother and Emma is her 3 yr old baby, who is already a full hand taller than Else. I think life without animals just doesn't have the same feeling of calm and happiness and of course unconditional love.
    I love your horses they are absolutely beautiful, it makes me miss mine very much. When I moved home to Canada I had to leave mine in the US but they went to a wonderful person. I get regular emails of her makes me happy and sad at the same time.

We should make this a permanent thread it brings a smile to my face to go back through and look at all the pets. I've noticed that our boxer is not the only one that thinks he's a lap dog!

Blog Entries
    I just have to say that I'm so sorry for not keeping up on this! I love to see all the pictures. I don't get too much time on the computer, as my sister and I have to use someone else's.

I love update pictures or just more of ones already posted. Please keep posting pictures, and feel welcome to invite anyone to post their "baby's" pictures too!

oh, Sheila_H, I did have a one of these on before, not too long after I signed up, and it was huge, but it got deleted somehow. I hope this one gets to stay.

Here are Tweety, green male, and Lovey, blue female, parakeets. I will have to post pictures of the cats at my DH's office and goats later.

Lovely
    Name:  Attachment-276498.jpe
Views: 188
Size:  28.0 KB

Tweety
    Name:  Attachment-276499.jpe
Views: 192
Size:  37.3 KB

escapees
    Name:  Attachment-276502.jpe
Views: 212
Size:  48.5 KB