Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

Janstar
    Thank you! I just love your chonzer-he is a beautiful color! He got the best of both breeds.
    Hugs
    April

I have put pics up before of my girls but can't help myself. Here's a couple more.

Moppet is my avatar - she is an 12 year old Lhasa Apso/Maltese cross. Sometimes she is an angel -sometimes not.

Remy is an 8 year old Manchester Terrier. I call her my supermodel - lean and sleek.

But Mum you are always digging in the garden.
    Name:  Attachment-62070.jpe
Views: 298
Size:  80.4 KB

Love Chrissy presents.
    Name:  Attachment-62071.jpe
Views: 293
Size:  69.4 KB

Not my most attractive angle.
    Name:  Attachment-62072.jpe
Views: 293
Size:  96.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Mamagus--what gorgeous dogs you have. Does the Sheltie shed badly? We may add a dog in the summer. Shimano may vote to be an only dog too, but we think she needs another to play with.
    Finn sheds quite badly from June to September. The rest of the time it is bearable... barely!

Once Gusser goes in a few years, Finn will be an only dog. We'll both be retired and want to travel and visit with family. One dog might be welcome but two is really imposing on their hospitality!

Here are the 2 Doods.
    Riley is a 7 year old GoldenDoodle= 1/2 golden retriever + 1/2 Standard Poodle
    Yukon Jack is a 3 year old LabraDoodle (Backcross) = 1/4 Labrador retriever + 3/4 Standard Poodle

Sweet, Smart and I am able to have them with my allergies.

I also found a snap of our mostly wild cats, Callie, Max and Rex. They are suppose to be keeping the mice, moles, and critters under control. I think they like cat food better :wink:

The Doods
    Name:  Attachment-62090.jpe
Views: 301
Size:  22.1 KB

Riley and Yukon
    Name:  Attachment-62091.jpe
Views: 298
Size:  56.6 KB

Callie, Max and Rex
    Name:  Attachment-62092.jpe
Views: 296
Size:  48.0 KB

Your boys and girls are all cute. I love them all!!

Banned
    I LOVE looking at all of the fur babies....they are all so cute....These are some of mine....The second is my son's cat, Star~~she's a blue Marble Bengal. The first is my baby, Dexter, a 1 year old chihuahua
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Ok, let me try again...

The rest of our menagerie....

Quinn, the King Charles Cavalier Spaniel in the snow

And Lily, a golden/cocker mix who has entered her golden years but still loving the snow (and not her little brothers so much....)

And, somewhere I must have a picture of our other cat, Tess, a tortie.

My husband has limited us to 3 dogs and 2 cats ~ one animal per person in our household!

Banned
    Got both my mutts at animal shelters when they were just weeks old. Their names are Nascar and Pitstop. Can you tell we are race fans? :lol:

The spoiled weenie is my mother's brat. She lives next door to me. :)

They are all priceless! Can you blow up your avatar BK? My DH wants to see those elk up closer!!

Blog Entries
    treeboss - are those gold eyes with that black fur on Genius? That is my sister's favorite! Nellie sure was (is) confident with herself. That must have been a funny thing to see when she "she marched right in and walked UNDER him at his food bowl, lifted his head out of the way and began eating his food!"

magnolia - what cute little tiny bundle Penny is! Tawny looks like a sunworshiper - or was she recharging her belly for YOUR cold hands or feet? Sarah looks like she's claimed her spot and is letting you know you can't have it.

Nancy in Louisiana - Fiona sure is pretty! And I love the title in your next pix! It's way too cute!

dglvr - those are wonderful pictures! They sure look like a lot of fun. Have you heard of Ramsey a Doberman, (and Pablo, a chihuahua?) Here's a link to the section that Dogs 101 did on Dobermans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g2IC...eature=related

and here's my favorite posting of cwdressen's http://www.youtube.com/user/cwdresse...61/OFeJSd6_vyc

aliaslaceygreen - looks like you two have a lot of fun with your kitties and the camera.

Crazy_Lady - quote "Is there anything more comforting than the unconditional love that comes from the furry members of our families?" Nothing that I can think of at the moment!

I know what you mean about after you lost Max. For the longest time I could not understand people who would say that to me (while working for my dad), but we'd always had at least two dogs at a time, and to my knowledge I was not aware of them being sick or there when they passed away. That all changed when our Doberman Buddy had cardiomyopathy (sp?), a heart problem and passed away less than two months after. There was not another for me to turn to and my heart was just broken. Eight months later, and my sister's insistence, Mahana came into our lives. It took a few months for my icy heart to finally melt and I was back. Lacy sure is a precious little thing!

kwhite - what a lovely bunch! Do you have Scooter for hunting? She is a beauty.

Janstar - They are so cute!!

Charlee - there's always one in the bunch, and it's never our angel's doing!

Mamagus - what fun! I'm glad Fin made it through. They really know how to wrap themselves around our heart, don't they?

LovingIzabella- I hope you'll get a pic of your Dalmation up soon.
    Boston's are so cute. And they're always ready for a formal occasion!

Deecee - Moppet looks like she worked real hard for that look, and now you're taking it away!
    quote "Remy is an 8 year old Manchester Terrier. I call her my supermodel - lean and sleek." That's what I think about Doberman's too. I tell people that it's been said that people get a dog that looks like them, but mine is what I wish to look like! 8-) Can you tell me a little about the Manchester terrier? Do they have a lot of energy, or can we have a coach potato?

2 Doods - I'll bet those two are a handful! My parent's Standard Poodles would want to know why you didn't just get the Standard and forget the other half? But they can be snobs about that... Otherwise, I have little complaint. I've heard something about getting the personalities of both the poodle and the lab/golden. Do you groom them yourself? I love "the Doods."

That picture of all the cats bunched together is just cute!

BKinCO - "limited us to 3 dogs and 2 cats ~ one animal per person in our household!" The more the merrier, I say! Does Dexter go out in the snow? Lily looks so sweet.

marsye - how do you say no to those faces? It must be great having your Mom and her "brat" live so close.

HUGS to every furry baby, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Here's Stella. She was named after the character "Stella" from "A Streetcar Named Desire".

"Stelllaaaaa! Stellaaaaa!"

:D
    Did you leave that cubby open just for her!!! :lol:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    They are all priceless! Can you blow up your avatar BK? My DH wants to see those elk up closer!!
    Let me try to attach :)

Banned

BKinCO - "limited us to 3 dogs and 2 cats ~ one animal per person in our household!" The more the merrier, I say! Does Dexter go out in the snow? Lily looks so sweet.

!
    Dexter DOES go out in the snow....only if it's too deep my husband has to dig him a trail to walk in :)

BK, Thanks so much, he loved looking at them!!

Everyones animals are so adorable!! Here is a picture of our Cat molly! She is starting to love my new hobby of quilting and often steals my seat at the sewing machine!

Molly is a beauty! They all seem to enjoy 'quilting'!! LOL

BK, DH wanted to know if you took those pics? Also if they were on a game perserve? Elk are his favorite thing!

Celeste - You asked about the Manchester Terrier.

They were classed as a rare breed - at one stage down to 11 individuals in the U.K. but numbers are much more now, though they are few and far between in Australia.

They can be a terrier to the "max". Bred for ratting in old England and used in pits to see who could kill the most rats in the shortest time.

If they get a scent there is no stopping them and they kill quickly and quietly.

Having said all that they can also be a sook and need their quilty to cuddle under in the cold! Happy to lounge on the couch with mum so long as a bit of energy can be burnt off every now and then.

They were also used to stabilise certain traits in the doberman breed way back when. You wouldn't believe the number of people who ask me if Remy is a mini Dobe.

Great dogs - but the terrier in them is not always kind to other smaller animals.

I'll stop raving now!

Celeste. Thanks for that link. Aren't Dobermans wonderful.
    I am glad you posted this post. I enjoyed seeing everyones keepers.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a photo of Ozzie and Salem on my sign in on our computer, so I'll post them as soon as I can... hopefully tomorrow! lol

So, lets start with Joe.

My sister wanted a cat for the longest time, so mom started to look for one. She found this woman who took in homeless cats, brought them back to health, and then she would find them good homes.

Joe and his brother and sister (the brother we had also adopted) were found in a trash can by one of their neighbors when they were just babies! So the lady took them in and raised them till ready to go home.

We arrived at their home so Katie, my sister, could pick out a kitten. She saw and fell in love with this all black kitten but he was too young to go home and he already had a home waiting for him. So she continued to look.

My mom and I noticed this little kitten, who was brown and black and other brownish colors was following her with every step she took.

"Katie, what about this kitty, he seems to really like you." My mom said.

Now, my sister was about seven years old at the time (I'm the oldest child for both my parents) and she was pretty much really into the all black cat. My mom had to really explain to her that the little guy had a home.

So then she finally turned around and took a look at the little guy following her around.

She fell in love almost immediately. She decided that he was the one and that was that.

The ladies husband asked her what she would name him and the first and only name out of my sisters mouth was ... "Joe". The man asked her if she was sure and she said yes.

A week later, we ended up returning and adopting Joe's brother, Bram. He took us about a week and a half to name. Nothing seemed to fit.

But he would run up our bodies and nuzzle in to out necks and bite! (Bram that is) So we thought, Vamp... Dracula... Bram Stoker... and that just stuck.

Bram was my baby... I loved him with all my heart. He passed away Christmas Day of 2008. We are not sure what he died from but he was sick. He was scheduled for blood tests to determine why he was so ill. He died two days prior to this. I miss him so much...

Next, in this post... we have... Gavin and Tequila!

Gavin was given to us by a family friend who could not bring him with to their new apartment. He is such a sweetie! He is all black except with the white on his chest and tummy. He is what my mom calls a needy bastard... cause he just absolutely loves the attention!!! He is also very oppinionated... and extremely smart... he knows how to spell cookie (the dog treats) and bye bye... and he knows cookie in two languages...

Tequila was an abused dog that was found by the local vet wandering the streets. The owner of the little convienence store across the street from the vet had adopted her but she was not fairing well with his puppy. So he asked if my mom would take her in. Mom originally said no... but he said just take her for the week and if it didn't work out, that we could bring her back... Well... that was about 4 years ago... and she is still here. She's a blond too!

Gavin is about 8 or 9 years old we got him when he was about 2 and Tequila is about 13 or 14 years old. She still acts like a puppy.

Here are the photos... The one of the pups also includes Oreo, the shi tzu. He now lives with my sisters boyfriends Aunt. He followed my sister home after she rescued him from being hit by a car... he was a total mess... We reported finding him and no one came forward to claim him. So we had him for about 2 and half 3 years... he was a pup when the photo was taken...

Joe
    Name:  Attachment-67018.jpe
Views: 274
Size:  30.8 KB

Bram RIP 12-25-2008
    Name:  Attachment-67019.jpe
Views: 271
Size:  43.9 KB

Tequila Oreo and Gavin
    Name:  Attachment-67020.jpe
Views: 266
Size:  49.4 KB

Mosher92, the pic of your doggie under the babie toy made me LOL. How cute!

Kyia

Celeste, Thank you for getting this thread started back up. I wondered what happened to the old one.

Well, most of you have heard about my furbabies many times. I will post about them later along with some pics. Will have to take some more as most of them got deleted when computer crashed.

Kyia

This is Shadow the german shep, Poppy my golden and Boris the nighttime hell cat who is 18 and gets everything his way these days.

oops the first pic was of Tank, the Tankenator 7 toed wonder cat. These are of our feathered pals. This one loves to be rubbed on the neck and gives kisses (how did bird flu spread again???) Very affectionate duckies. Last is Blue Cheese the blue eyed wonder cat. She has a short stubby tail and the biggest blue eyes ever. She is my sons cat who is living somewhere else and going to take her.. soon. I believe she might be my cat now but he is denying this. Been two years what do you think?

Blog Entries
    Oh!!! Adorable!!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast