Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our non-human friends

I have Maggie, a Shih Tzu. She's our Firstborn :-D
    next came Dixie, a Golden Retriever, then we added Gracie. She is a Rescue from the pound. We think she's a Labradoodle. Definitely needs to relax :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Our three girls, we got lucky and found these beauties at the Humane Society. Mom (Bella) and her two girls.
    Kola is the cat of all cats. We have had her in the family since she was an egg..lol

Bella
    Name:  Attachment-67539.jpe
Views: 276
Size:  21.6 KB

Cali
    Name:  Attachment-67540.jpe
Views: 309
Size:  75.1 KB

Chili Palmer
    Name:  Attachment-67541.jpe
Views: 388
Size:  84.8 KB

Kola
    Name:  Attachment-67542.jpe
Views: 319
Size:  39.5 KB

Great looking family members everyone. Love them all!

Blog Entries
    As promised! Ozzie, Kronk and Salem!

What can I say about Ozzie "Scrooge" "Capone" Osbourne?

Well, he was originally named after Ozzie Osbourne... but as a baby kitten he meowed all a mobster... so we called him Capone... then Christmas came around and he literally destroyed our Christmas Tree... at least the tree was fake... and he had help... his brother... Salem! Ozzie also has a lot of personality and his favorite thing to do is lay as close to your face as possible... even if it means cutting off your air supply. lol..

Ozzie and Salem came to us by way of Joeys brother... Joeys brother was just going to have Ozzie, Salem, Lollipop and Cinnamon (the sisters) put to sleep cause he couldn't find homes... Well, were not having that! Lolli and Cinnamon are now with Joeys cousin who renamed them...

Salem we named after Salem Saberhagen from Sabrina the Teenage Witch... and for the city... He is all black and such a lover! He is also a culprit of tree sabotage!!!

Then we have Kronk aka Fattie. He is a fat one year old kitten who ... loves to eat... any thing... he has a Helen Keller complex... as in... he'll try to take your food right off your plate and run away with it... of course this does not work for him... but he comes by it naturally by way of his mother... who stole a whole meatball out of a friends meat ball sandwich... And yes, he doesn't look fat in his photo... lol

Ozzie Bozzie
    Name:  Attachment-66713.jpe
Views: 301
Size:  81.0 KB

Salem Balem
    Name:  Attachment-66714.jpe
Views: 332
Size:  40.1 KB

Fattie Kronk Monkey
    Name:  Attachment-66715.jpe
Views: 441
Size:  41.6 KB

Blog Entries
    As promised! Ozzie, Kronk and Salem!

What can I say about Ozzie "Scrooge" "Capone" Osbourne?

Well, he was originally named after Ozzie Osbourne... but as a baby kitten he meowed all a mobster... so we called him Capone... then Christmas came around and he literally destroyed our Christmas Tree... at least the tree was fake... and he had help... his brother... Salem! Ozzie also has a lot of personality and his favorite thing to do is lay as close to your face as possible... even if it means cutting off your air supply. lol..

Ozzie and Salem came to us by way of Joeys brother... Joeys brother was just going to have Ozzie, Salem, Lollipop and Cinnamon (the sisters) put to sleep cause he couldn't find homes... Well, were not having that! Lolli and Cinnamon are now with Joeys cousin who renamed them...

Salem we named after Salem Saberhagen from Sabrina the Teenage Witch... and for the city... He is all black and such a lover! He is also a culprit of tree sabotage!!!

Then we have Kronk aka Fattie. He is a fat one year old kitten who ... loves to eat... any thing... he has a Helen Keller complex... as in... he'll try to take your food right off your plate and run away with it... of course this does not work for him... but he comes by it naturally by way of his mother... who stole a whole meatball out of a friends meat ball sandwich... And yes, he doesn't look fat in his photo... lol

Ozzie Bozzie
    Name:  Attachment-66560.jpe
Views: 326
Size:  81.0 KB

Salem Balem
    Name:  Attachment-66561.jpe
Views: 343
Size:  40.1 KB

Fattie Kronk Monkey
    Name:  Attachment-66562.jpe
Views: 363
Size:  41.6 KB

Blog Entries
    BKinCO - did you take that picture? How did you get so close?

Blog Entries
    samroberts01 - we used to have a cat that thought my chair was his. Since it turned all the way around, I kept turning it around until he got so dizzy he finally jumped off. He never really learned his lesson though. I believe he honestly thought he owned the place.

Alu_Rathbone - isn't it wonderful how our pets come into our lives? Whether they pick us or we're "conned" by the vet, they are so wonderful to have! They all seem to be such characters!

Elisabrat - Poppy looks like what's going on? Can I come in? Shadow looks a little sad - but that might be her way. I know some dogs that just have that look that just tears your heart out and then I nearly let them get away with anything.

It's so nice to see the feline and canine together! And how fun is that to have a duck!!!

Riversong - looks like a few of those kitties are quite proud of their bellies! Cute little Chi!

IngeMK - what a pretty bunch you have!

Chasing Hawk - those dogs are so pretty! What breed are they, or are they a mix? Chilli Palmer is a great name. Where did that come from?

Ok, most of you already know about my dogs but I will tell you some more.

Dugan is a husky/german shepard mix. He was mine before meeting my husband. He will be 9 in June.

Kyia is a Golden Retriever and was DH's before I met him. She will also be 9 in June. They are four days apart in birth.

Kyia we says has some behaviorial issues. She was gotten from the breeder at 4.5 weeks and by law they have to be at least 7 weeks old. So she missed a lot of training from her mom. She likes to grab onto peoples arms to keep them. She doesn't bite but she has torn a couple shirts of mine when I first met DH. Of course she is the typical Retriever and loves people. When we have company she will whine and bark until they pet her. It drives me BUGGY! Kyia does not retrieve she plays keep away in the yard.

Dugan we say is our problem child. He has a sensitive stomach and when he gets into something he shouldn't have, especially outside! he throws up. He is quite the hunter. He has killed, opossums, rabbits, chipmunks, groundmoles and a few birds in our yard. Unfortunately he is also dog aggressive and about a year ago attacked another dog on a walk. That is a long story, but to make it short, the other owner didn't take the dog to the vet for two days. When the dog was near death she finally took it. B/c of her neglect I told her I would only give her XX amount of dollars about 2/3 of the costs b/c she caused more injury to her dog by waiting so long. She was not happy but she hasn't sued us yet.

They are both great dogs and we love them so. IN the future our dogs will be trained much better. DH thinks that dogs are on this earth for affection. I agree (to a point) but I also believe that they need to know who is master, it keeps them sane.

Kyia is the dominant one. They both were alpha dogs. They had some fights when we first met. Dugan ended up taking the submissive role, from what I am told it is common that the female is the dominant one. She can take his food and he will just walk away. We had to supervise them so this wouldn't happen and they no longer have an issue there. But...if she thinks he has something she will be nasty to him. That too drives me BUGGY! If she thinks he is getting attention if I am yelling at him to drop a dead animal she will get nasty. He started eating them to keep them away from her. I think we have that cahallenge conquered too, hopefully. Hasn't happened in a while.

Well, here are some pics of them. Don't have toomany since the comp crashed a year + ago. I took these outside ones the other day and Dugan found a Opposum on the other side of the fence that he wanted. I think it may have been rabid, out in the day and not running away, hissing at him. Thankfully it did not come into the yard.

Dugan with his Kong ball
    Name:  Attachment-67102.jpe
Views: 373
Size:  86.0 KB

Kyia w/ hers, she rolls it to get the treats out
    Name:  Attachment-67103.jpe
Views: 346
Size:  73.2 KB

Dugan will lay down w/ his and shake them out!
    Name:  Attachment-67104.jpe
Views: 334
Size:  96.2 KB

more

pictures
    Name:  Attachment-66822.jpe
Views: 330
Size:  60.1 KB

pictures
    Name:  Attachment-66823.jpe
Views: 350
Size:  42.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    samroberts01 - we used to have a cat that thought my chair was his. Since it turned all the way around, I kept turning it around until he got so dizzy he finally jumped off. He never really learned his lesson though. I believe he honestly thought he owned the place.

Alu_Rathbone - isn't it wonderful how our pets come into our lives? Whether they pick us or we're "conned" by the vet, they are so wonderful to have! They all seem to be such characters!

Elisabrat - Poppy looks like what's going on? Can I come in? Shadow looks a little sad - but that might be her way. I know some dogs that just have that look that just tears your heart out and then I nearly let them get away with anything.

It's so nice to see the feline and canine together! And how fun is that to have a duck!!!

Riversong - looks like a few of those kitties are quite proud of their bellies! Cute little Chi!

Chasing Hawk - those dogs are so pretty! What breed are they, or are they a mix? Chilli Palmer is a great name. Where did that come from?
    They are purebred mutts :) They found us at the Humane Society.
    Chili Palmer is the name of the name of the character John Travolta played in "Get Shorty" and Be Cool"

Blog Entries
    PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the puppies Kiav10

Blog Entries
    [quote=Chasing Hawk]
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste

I love my fur babies anyways! lol Of course Tequila is kind of stinky... but thats okay... i think it comes with her age. But then again it could just mean she needs a bath!

Blog Entries
    Kyiav10 - those are such cute pictures of them with their kong toys, and that last picture is so pretty of the two. Like your avatar. I'm they learned to get along. It's frustrating when our babies are not perfect, but we love them anyway, don't we?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

They are purebred mutts :) They found us at the Humane Society.
    Chili Palmer is the name of the name of the character John Travolta played in "Get Shorty" and Be Cool"
    Thanks, enquiring minds want to know!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Celeste - You asked about the Manchester Terrier.

I'll stop raving now!
    Thanks for the info. I wonder what I'll do if I ever have to "scale down" from my breed of choice, but not too small. They sure are pretty and cute!

I understand about the mini dobie. People say Miniature Doberman about the MinPin a friend has.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Aren't Dobermans wonderful.

I am glad you posted this post. I enjoyed seeing everyones keepers.
    No argument there dglvr. I grew up with them and have loved them ever since!

I am enjoying it too! I hope more will post!!

Here are my babies and to me boxers are the best so far. I have had other breeds and muts and have found boxers to be the most loveable so far. I use to be a ACO (animal control officer) and have been around alot of different breeds.
    We will be having puppies about the first week of April.
    I would like to also mention the correct way to spell SHIH-TZU, It is not SHITZU.

Tucker on the left and Ruby Lu on the right
    Name:  Attachment-12900.jpe
Views: 347
Size:  59.5 KB

This is Libby 1/2 Boston / Shih-Tzu, she is 12 now
    Name:  Attachment-12902.jpe
Views: 402
Size:  55.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer mom
    Here are my babies and to me boxers are the best so far. I have had other breeds and muts and have found boxers to be the most loveable so far. I use to be a ACO (animal control officer) and have been around alot of different breeds.
    We will be having puppies about the first week of April.
    I would like to also mention the correct way to spell SHIH-TZU, It is not SHITZU.
    Baby Boxers soon!?! Oh, how fun! Please post their pictures here too!

Boxers are so fun and pretty. We had a friend who used to be in the navy who had a boxer. When we'd ask how the dog was doing, he'd always say, "he got busted back to Private." They sure enjoyed each other.

Spelling "SHIH-TZU" seems to confound most people, huh? :oops:

Jack's the rat terrier, Floppy is the chihuahua/cocker spaniel mix. We got them both when they were 6 months old. Jack is gone now but Floppy is still with us and is a spry 18 years old. The cat is Buddy, or the Schmud as I like to call him. He's 2 yrs. old. He's very protective of Floppy. She tolerates him.

Blog Entries
    What sweet pictures lwornell. That's so cute that Buddy, (the Schmud) is protective of Floppy. 18 years!?! I'm so happy for you. How did the Schmud name come about?

Thank you Celeste for this thread. I LOVE to see all those fur babies. :) They are al so gorgeous and some pictures are priceless!

I had four animals myself, two dogs, a rabbit and a lovebird. Dogs are very special to me, they are all my big friends. Sorry but I don't have digital pics of my babies. In those days we only had analoge camera's.

I love seeing all of the pups here!
    I finally was able to take some pictures of pictures (sorry for the poor quality) of my dalmatian Domino. She was the best dog ever but sadly bone cancer took her in 2003. I still miss her to this day!
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    I love seeing all of the pups here!
    I finally was able to take some pictures of pictures (sorry for the poor quality) of my dalmatian Domino. She was the best dog ever but sadly bone cancer took her in 2003. I still miss her to this day!
    Hugs
    April
    AWWW She was so cute!!! *huggles* I lost my cat Bram to Kitty Leukemia! *Huggles* She is watching over you from heaven!

I know why you still miss her. What a beauty!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maksi
    Thank you Celeste for this thread. I LOVE to see all those fur babies. :) They are al so gorgeous and some pictures are priceless!

I had four animals myself, two dogs, a rabbit and a lovebird. Dogs are very special to me, they are all my big friends. Sorry but I don't have digital pics of my babies. In those days we only had analoge camera's.
    I'll just imagine sweet cute pets of yours and admire them like that.

LovingIzabella Thanks for the pics of the pics! I'll take 'em any way I can. Sorry about Domino. Our furry babies may be physically gone, but they never leave our heart!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast