Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday) >

POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday)

POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday)

Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 AM

Congratulations Rose. Hope everything goes great for you.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:59 AM

mmmm-I'll go with girl!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
This thread is making me wish my ultrasound was tomorrow, too. I have to wait until next month!!!! ugh.

Maybe I can finish my holiday baking, Christmas shopping, present wrapping, yada yada yada to pass the time until then.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW LADIES!!!!

Rose Hall
One more sleep away and I'm excited and nervous at the same time!! I remember when I was just a month to go... I kept myself busy and active to help the time go by.. yes baking and shopping will definetely help!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
How can you live without pay for a year? sounds great if you can afford it.Good for the baby!
Here in Canada there are insurances offered through Service Canada/Employment Insurance to supply a % of your regular work pay up to one year. There are also programs in place through Service Canada that allows you to access a small salary if you have to leave work earlier than your due date for medical reasons before the birth

As for a theme, we are not going with a theme. I have a nice beigy/mushroomy neutral paint on the walls now and the fabric I have chosen is a pretty striped green/cream/beige fabric so it is good for boy or girl.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
You are so lucky!!! I have been told by the "wonderful" school system that I work for that I get 60 days (FMLA). If I need the 60 days (or more)before the baby is born then I lose my job. I was told I could take a leave of absence for a year but they wouldn't hold my job. If I were a classroom teacher I probably could get a job at another school in same system, but since I am a librarian, another librarian would have to leave for me to have a job. If it comes down to bedrest for the sake of me or the baby, I don't have to think twice--bye bye job!!!

Rose
I will have my job waiting for me when I come off mat leave. Someone will just fill in my position for the year I'm gone.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 AM

How can you live without pay for a year? sounds great if you can afford it.Good for the baby!
Maternity leave is paid, and your job is secure. There are even job offers that tell you exactly why the job is temporary, to replace someone who is on mat leave. I've been off work since August because my work is dangerous, I still get paid 55% of my salary, and soon it will be bumped up to nearly 90% for the rest of my pregnancy. THEN I go on mat leave when the baby comes for up to a year. After that I'm on my own.
That being said, it seems all great, but all those paid months that we're not working ends up coming out of the taxes we pay the rest of our lives so...
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Maternity leave is paid, and your job is secure. There are even job offers that tell you exactly why the job is temporary, to replace someone who is on mat leave. I've been off work since August because my work is dangerous, I still get paid 55% of my salary, and soon it will be bumped up to nearly 90% for the rest of my pregnancy. THEN I go on mat leave when the baby comes for up to a year. After that I'm on my own.
That being said, it seems all great, but all those paid months that we're not working ends up coming out of the taxes we pay the rest of our lives so...
Mel I was wondering that... how much of our salary we actually got while on mat leave.. so you are saying we would get approximately 90% of our salary??? cool!!! That was better than I was expecting!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:22 AM

Well, I don't know how it works in the rest of Canada, but the 90% is because I'm supposed to be on CSST, preventative leave (because of the chemicals I work with) THAT one pays nearly the full salary, and as soon as work picks up I should be paid by that. Mat leave starts when I have the baby and it pays something like 70 or 75% for a year. That's just for Quebec, I have no idea how it works for hte rest of the country, but I'm sure it's something similar.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 AM

I say a girl!!!!! Yeah another quilter :thumbup:
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 AM

20 weeks! You're kidding! You look great. I say GIRL!