Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday) >

POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday)

POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday)

Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 AM

Boy
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I'm an advocate of natural birth. I had Joey at home, I had a birthing pool where I spent most of the labour but got out for the actual delivery because the water temperature was raised for the baby and made me feel faint. No drugs. I had Lily at my Mum and Dad's house - again a birthing pool, no drugs and she was born in the water, because my wonderful Mum had the prescence of mind to keep laying cold flannels on my neck to keep me cool. It was wonderful and I wouldn't do it any other way - not that I'm planning on doing it again! Yes, there was pain but I was completely in control and able to deal with it. I had a midwife with me both times and a second one came along for the actual delivery. And actually I'm rubbish at dealing with pain generally. To me it was more a question of being in control and not at the whim of a bunch of doctors and a hospital schedule. Oh, I also had a birthing ball which was brilliant. I sat on it a lot later in pregnancy and rocked around! It was very comfy and I used it in early labour as well.

I just wanted to balance the discussion from ppl who prefer a hospital birth - I'm not saying this way is better, just different, and that there are choices. :D
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 AM

Mel and Andrea, you both look wonderful and I'm so excited about Thursday, too!

For what it's worth Mel is having a boy and Andrea is having a girl........

Be sure to let us know.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I say girl for Mel, and boy for Andrea. I have one of each, and all the stories about both were wrong..Even the chinese calendar which is supposed to be right all the time! Go figure. anyway, I also predict very healthy and beautiful children...and that the labor is going to hurt a bit (hmmmm....no one ever tells you how much until after....yikes....)
I recommend drugs...lots of them. If they offer an IV of drugs, take it. if they offer an epidural, take it. IF THEY DON'T OFFER, DEMAND IT!!!!

LOL

Rose Hall

Ohh believe me... as I'm walking through the double doors of the Janeway hospital I'll be calling out.. GIVE ME DRUGS AND LOTS OF THEM!!! as you can tell I have next to no tolerance for pain!

hey Mel.. wouldn't it be funny if we also had our deliveries on the same day!!!! hee hee
Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 AM

ha ha! that would be weird, but kind of cool! Personally, I'm hoping to go a little early, like maybe at 37 or 38 weeks or something. Still full term but possibly a little smaller than 40, or even past due...
Old 12-08-2009, 04:47 PM

I opt for boy.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 PM

I say it's a girl.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 PM

You still too skinny for me to tell. I guess later when you have a slightly bigger baby bump.....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
I'm an advocate of natural birth. I had Joey at home, I had a birthing pool where I spent most of the labour but got out for the actual delivery because the water temperature was raised for the baby and made me feel faint. No drugs. I had Lily at my Mum and Dad's house - again a birthing pool, no drugs and she was born in the water, because my wonderful Mum had the prescence of mind to keep laying cold flannels on my neck to keep me cool. It was wonderful and I wouldn't do it any other way - not that I'm planning on doing it again! Yes, there was pain but I was completely in control and able to deal with it. I had a midwife with me both times and a second one came along for the actual delivery. And actually I'm rubbish at dealing with pain generally. To me it was more a question of being in control and not at the whim of a bunch of doctors and a hospital schedule. Oh, I also had a birthing ball which was brilliant. I sat on it a lot later in pregnancy and rocked around! It was very comfy and I used it in early labour as well.

I just wanted to balance the discussion from ppl who prefer a hospital birth - I'm not saying this way is better, just different, and that there are choices. :D
for sure, for sure. Lots of options, and each person's experience is their own. I am big on the hospital and lots of drugs. I expect that this not the preferred method for lots of women. I'm so happy to hear that both of your births were such positive experiences. I am a wimp when it comes to pain, so there's no way I could have gone through labor without the assistance - I've always been envious of those who don't need it!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

k3n, is that ball that you used the same type as what people use to exercise with? I sometimes sit on mine or lay on it to get relief from lower back aches... I would never have thought to use it during child birth... very clever!!!
I had no drugs for the first...the second and third I told them "Hook Me Up!!!" LMBO Epidurals are awesome!!!