Postal Service Changes

Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Too funny...Charismah..."quilt" delivering on Sats...our postmaster who is a man..does quilt..his wife quilts too...he has some of her mini's hanging up in our post office...crafty_linda_b
Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
Too funny...Charismah..."quilt" delivering on Sats...our postmaster who is a man..does quilt..his wife quilts too...he has some of her mini's hanging up in our post office...crafty_linda_b
brain dead - I didn't pick up on it till you pointed it out! thanks for giggle!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by cmagee84
Originally Posted by DeeBooper
Originally Posted by charismah
Yeah..They are closing our processing center as well..laying off thousands of people across the country...They are actually saying that in a few years they will probably shut down USPS and make it all go private. They are also going to quilt delivering mail on Saturdays. Only 5 days a week.
Charisma.....
LOL...re-read your topic response...I think you have quilting on the brain like I always do....LOL
LOL! I think we all have quilting on the brain and in our hands!!!

I mostly get junk mail, which goes directly into the recyling bin. If it wasn't for daily credit card offers, my mail box would be mostly empty most days!!! BTW, I think junk mail is just a waste of good trees!
I get my name removed from the junk mail offers really easy...when you get some that has a prepaid return envelope just put their offers back in it...write on it NO THANKS, REMOVE MY NAME FROM YOUR LIST...then if you have any thing else you want to get rid of stuff it in there too...they will have to pay to get their "crap" back and anything else you stuff in it...old paper towels...dirty tissues..my favorite thing to do is take a hole puncher and put all the punched out dots in there too...what fun the person opening it gets when all that confetti falls out on their neat and tidy desk *L* they DO remove my name and I hardly ever get any kind of junk mail anymore...crafty_linda_b
Old 09-15-2011, 04:01 PM

What a shame. I had a feeling it would come down to this. A couple of years ago our 24-hour (really...was open around the clock) post office started to close at 2AM. Then midnight. Now, it's 11pm. Hope someone can come up w/ a plan to save it. Wonder if the federal government can encourage people to come up w/ plans to save it??? Good old American ingenuity and know-how...there's nothing we can't do if we put our minds to it!!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM

The postal service has served us for many years. Ireally dread thinking about shipping things with privately owned companies. It will become another monstrosity like the telephone industry with everyone trying to get a bite of the business and we will be caught up in the mess of figuring out who is the less expensive.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM

Maybe they should cut some from the top.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by rexie
Maybe they should cut some from the top.
:thumbup:
Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM

I don't think in today's business that there should be any unions, they've pretty much been the reason factories, other businesses shut down. They go on strike and the union bosses collect their full time pay while others lose their cars, homes, jobs. We have enough rules and regulations in place now by law to protect workers and their rights, so employers should be telling the unions to take a hike.

I wonder what the shipping rates are going to be like if USPS shuts down completely, how are people going to send things to one another? It's not like everyone has a UPS or FedEx account.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Dix
I think email, facebook and I Phones have ruined our postal mailing system! I am not sure that is good!
Yes it did, more people are using online to pay bills, email instead of old fashioned writting letters etc.
Our bank is going to charge us $3/month for a mailed statement or go thru the internet for free. :thumbdown:

piney
Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 PM

I mailed invoices from my office near Chicago to a PO box in Pennsylvania in late July.

Monday ... THIS Monday ... they were returned as "PO Box closed".

It took them 6 weeks to figure out the PO box was closed and return the items??? I'm still getting them back as we bill this customer pretty much DAILY. ARGH!!!!

And now they're saying it's going to get WORSE? How can it get worse??